Banks in bad neighborhoods.

CladMaster

Dec 25, 2007
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE
Today I went to some banks in outskirts of ghetto/bad areas of town. I notice three things.
A- You can find some good silver there. (I hit 3 banks , only got $10 in loose halves but found 4 keepers).
B- There are always a few thugs in the bank or pulling in/out of the parking lot. (Makes me a little uneasy but i'm certainly not scared)
C- All the tellers are behind glass and you have to slide your money under the glass (I hate that!).

Any of you guys hit these type of areas? What result have you had?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I have heard stories of people getting valuables out of their safe deposit boxes and thugs follow them home from the bank parking lot and rob them.

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
I have actually thought about doing the opposite. I live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago and I was considering doing a run through some of the smaller "hick" towns and seeing how they are. I am also thinking of hitting some of the banks that are next to retirement communities in hopes that some of the elders are throwing their silver away.

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
I actually live like 5 miles outside of STL. so i am near alot of bad areas.

peasonally, I have had great luck with banks around these parts of town, I pulled my only roll of only 64s out of one last year. and a load of other misc. silver.

yea, i get pretty nervous about gangsters * cough * patrick earl huston * cough * on my way in, but i keep a good sized knife on me at all times anyway.

overall, i think its worth it, just be careful out there.

-SS

secondcup

May 11, 2006
Seacoast, New Hampshire
I think in general folks in poorer neighborhoods are more likely to turn in collections or coins that Grand Pa gave them in order to make ends meet. Sad, yes, but a benefit to us CRH'ers. Maybe we can think of way to give back to those communities and keep the mojo positive.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
secondcup said:
Maybe we can think of way to give back to those communities and keep the mojo positive.
You do everyday if you pay taxes. It's called welfare...........LOL

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Bad neighborhood = good silver.
Fitty cent clad or silver spends like 2 quarters in those places.
If you are scared of the hood, don't worry, I'll go get it.
One exception is the barrio - Mi amigo knows silver.

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
why would we need to "give back to those areas?" That PC mentality is killing this country! I guess it's all part of the emasculation of America.
I regularly go into "bad areas" my experience has been that you find about the same amount of silver there as you do in most areas. I have also found banks in "bad areas" to be "dump banks for someone." There is no magic way to determine where you will find silver. It is just timing and luck. You can try all of the systems and patterns that you can imagine and it still comes to being at the right place at the right time.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure they don't "become" poor while living in those areas. They are born poor into the neighborhood and, with no encouragement to leave (welfare is free and the more kids you have, the better) they just stay there. Hence, for the most part, they don't have coin collections. The "good" coins come from outside the hood in the form of stolen property. The term "Give back" has connotations of having received something good FROM someone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread