Fisher f2

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000,fisher f2,garrett gta350,bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just need some opinions, how good is this detector and does it have good depth, I am thinking of getting one once I get rid of a few of my other detectors and for the price ($215 with lots of extras plus a 4" coil) it seems like a good deal, I mainly want something I can use at the beach

Jack

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher F2 is a fine entry level detector that you will have tons of finds with. But using it on the beach will be fine if you stay in the dry sand. Getting near the wet sand and it will be unstable. Also using that 4 inch coil at a beach will drive you crazy with all those acres of sand. No bigger, just use a larger coil. There are lots of gold rings in the dry sand but more in the wet as that is where fingers are slippery. Best for wet sand are units with more than one frequency like the Excal, CZ's.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher F2 is a fine entry level detector that you will have tons of finds with. But using it on the beach will be fine if you stay in the dry sand. Getting near the wet sand and it will be unstable. Also using that 4 inch coil at a beach will drive you crazy with all those acres of sand. No bigger, just use a larger coil. There are lots of gold rings in the dry sand but more in the wet as that is where fingers are slippery. Best for wet sand are units with more than one frequency like the Excal, CZ's.

Well said, Sandman. I have an F2 and I love it! Super fast recovery and response time for its price and good depth. I have personally dig pennies at six inches in the dirt. It might not sound like much, but when you're on your knees and can see the hole, it's a pretty decent depth!

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used mine a few times on the wet sands but no luck still. It sometimes beeps erraticly but once you get to know your machine and when it its actually a solid signal its still very usable! I found a dime almost 8 inches in the wet sand almost were the water is. Not bad for an entry level machine!

OP
OP
Chevyfan2k9

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I think I go ahead and get one and for the price I don't think I find a better deal

Jack

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chevyfan....

GET IT!! You will NOT be disappointed. I have (2) F2's and (1) F5. Even though the F5 is a better detector over the F2. I still find myself going out and detecting more with the F2 than I do with the F5 when I am not filming my metal detecting videos. To me I have more fun with the F2 when I go swinging. And because of that. I really don't give the F5 a honest chance to win me over. One of the reasons I use both the F2 & F5 in my videos is so you can see the difference in what those 2 detectors can find.

However F2Digger has me wanting a friggin' 11" DD now for my F2 just to see how they are now. I recommend using the 4" coil if you get a F2 that comes with one. You will be surprised what you detect and what you don't detect when you switch between the 8" over the 4". Let me tell you.... it will leave you scratching your head that's for sure.

F2 Hunter

OP
OP
Chevyfan2k9

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chevyfan....

GET IT!! You will NOT be disappointed. I have (2) F2's and (1) F5. Even though the F5 is a better detector over the F2. I still find myself going out and detecting more with the F2 than I do with the F5 when I am not filming my metal detecting videos. To me I have more fun with the F2 when I go swinging. And because of that. I really don't give the F5 a honest chance to win me over. One of the reasons I use both the F2 & F5 in my videos is so you can see the difference in what those 2 detectors can find.

However F2Digger has me wanting a friggin' 11" DD now for my F2 just to see how they are now. I recommend using the 4" coil if you get a F2 that comes with one. You will be surprised what you detect and what you don't detect when you switch between the 8" over the 4". Let me tell you.... it will leave you scratching your head that's for sure.

F2 Hunter

Ok cool, I am going to order one today, thanks for the info guys

Jack

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one I bought was from Kellyco. It was the one with 3 coils (10", 8", & 4") & it came with a carrying case too. That one for me was the best value.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha! Sorry F2 Hunter for making you want a 11" Coil now! LOL! Check my today's findings using my trusty F2 with DD coil! Enjoy...

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spoon! ((( Awesomeness ))) Good JOB!!! :icon_thumright:

Check out what my partner found @ 2:46! He was using my "personal" F2 with a 10" Concentric Coil. I think I am going to go back to this same place again with both F2's and have the 4" sniper coils on it!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread