Fisher F5

Bigwig

Apr 11, 2010
Hi all.
I am a newbie to detecting (have been given a Bounty Hunter Lone Star to get started) and was hoping to call on some of the vast experience of the people here. I am looking to maybe purchase the Fisher F5 after reading numerous reviews which all seem to be good but was wondering what you owners, users and experienced detectors think about it (especially for a newbie)? I am looking to detect in parks, fields and also at the beach.

Any information or views would be greatly appreciated.

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
Bigwig said:
Hi all.
I am a newbie to detecting (have been given a Bounty Hunter Lone Star to get started) and was hoping to call on some of the vast experience of the people here. I am looking to maybe purchase the Fisher F5 after reading numerous reviews which all seem to be good but was wondering what you owners, users and experienced detectors think about it (especially for a newbie)? I am looking to detect in parks, fields and also at the beach.

Any information or views would be greatly appreciated.
The F5 is a very versatile and underrated machine that could compliment anyones arsenal. It has a unique analog/digital interface that makes it easy to adjust one the fly too. One of the more powerful mid priced machines out there. its a coin magnet!!! Streak!

newenglander

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2010
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
I use a F5. Although i'm new to the hobby, I can tell you that it's a great machine. Very easy to use also. The interface is awesome. And it really jumps when you hit a good target like a coin or a ring. the only problem so far is that it also jumps at large iron. But i'm sure that either all detectors do that or i'm just inexperienced. Probably the latter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread