Fishers new International shipping policy... wtf

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer to buy locally, but I do agree with you guys a person should be able to buy wherever they want. There is a certain reality at work here guys. You got the money, you want the product, you will find somebody who will sell it to you. Just keep sending those emails and making those calls.

It does sound like opportunity awaits for somebody in Oz! And if I were the folks at First Texas I sure would be paying attention to your concerns.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Guess it's one of the hurdles and drawback of residing on an Island Continent.
Not to worry, when one manufacturer supply avenue closes........ someone will open a new one with products from someplace else.......... or we'll stick with home brand.
ivanll

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well as i say, I have friends in the US willing to ship fisher products to me.. without that option. Fisher would be a no go for me..

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice! lets hope this one works out better than the last few.

drover

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2012
Queensland Australia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Explore XS,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mmmmm looks like the people at fisher don't know to much about Australia !!!!
I will keep buying Fisher products through my detecting friend in USA (not a dealer), and he can send them over to OZ.

drover

OP
OP
A

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah just noticed...

Ben78

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Currently:
Teknetics T2
Minelab GPX5000
Garrett Propointer
Past:
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Whites TDI Pro OZ
Stanley Stud Finder :D
Primary Interest:
Other
Firstly, I have NO ISSUE at all with protection of dealer boundaries and associated interests.

My issues lies in the extreme difference in pricing between USA and Australia

eg
Popular online retailer in USA sells F75 LTD for $1099usd, great price
The only named importer in Australia and a dealer has F75 LTD on their websites listed at $1775usd

I was intending on buying the magical mystery multi frequency F75 replacement if and when it comes to fruition. But if current F75 LTD pricing is the way things are going to be with protected dealer boundaries then I guess I'll just buy a V3i (which incidentally sells for $1499usd in the US and $1720usd locally and actually exists already!)

Ben (BTW Hi from Australia!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread