JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I was hoping that some of the other folks had cleared out the bottle caps, but no luck. I combed a section between to stairways and had 30 or 40. Got to the point where I wasn't taking them out of the scoop until I had three or four in there.

As many of you know, I don't do the dry sand all that much anyway, but when I do, it is usually when I get tired of being in the surf. That means I have the PI, so today I used the Fisher so I could cover some more ground. Didn't really work, since I had to stop every two feet to dig a cap.

I remember last year after Independence Day, it was a month of digging sparklers. I must be getting old, I can't believe that people throw sparklers in the sand at the beach. You have to be a freaking moron. Why not just throw razor blades and rusty knives?

Jack

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya... I found so much firework crap I'm suprised more people don't step on um...

C

Cappy Z.

Hey Jack.

There are many stories of treasures being hid in St. Augustine in the park by those giant dunes. Have you ever detected there? It's where they park their campers. You go on a path and suddenly 30 feet high dunes! Check it out.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
BillyBudd007 said:
Hey Jack.

There are many stories of treasures being hid in St. Augustine in the park by those giant dunes. Have you ever detected there? It's where they park their campers. You go on a path and suddenly 30 feet high dunes! Check it out.

Which stories?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread