DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right guys ! :wink:

Now as promised a report from me.

I brought my laptop with me to Florida, and I can now bring you the first report from here.
This is an absolutely wonderful state, and I had the chance to detect a bit.
Here is my report so far:

On the 10th I purchased a new Tesoro Vaquero from JR-Detectors. JR even brought me the detector personaly to my hotel.
A very clean deal, and a very friendly and enthusiastic man.
Thank you Jeff !

A couple of days later we hit Cocoa beach, but I only had about 20 minutes of search there.
I got 3 cents and a toy car ! :laughing7:

Not much, but OK for starters.

florida213.jpg

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then we went down to Miami (North Beach).
I got much more time to seach here, and I have already found some interesting things.

Here some pictures from the firs seach of the day:

florida227.jpg

The sun glasses are of the mark "Bellini" does that mean anyting to you ?

Here an ear something, I think silver with stones. The upper one is I think an amethyst. The large one I don´t know, shines blue, when you turn it.
florida228.jpg

Second seach: That car is going back to nature. It has been disposed of, but I thought you should see it.
By the way, what to do with the keys. Should I hand them over to the desk clerk at the hotel. I have no use for them ! :laughing7:
florida235.jpg

So far my report for now. Hope you liked the pictures.

Thank you
TheDane

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Looks like you are having lots of fun with your new machine :icon_thumright:
Could that large stone on the ear thing be a moonstone?

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
Welcome to our sunny(sometimes!) state ! Good luck hunting, and remember the sunscreen! :hello:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Nice report and glad you are enjoying Florida.I'm headed there in a few weeks. It is my favorite place to visit! Yes the large stone looks to be a moonstone for sure.

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys ! :thumbsup:

Tomorrow we go here from Miami down to Key West, and we´ll have one full day there till it goes back to Key Largo.
I hope to get a chance to search the beach at Key West. Anybody with experience from there ?

Todays search here at Miami Beach gave about $1.50. No juwelry or other sensations ! :wink:

I´ll be back ! :laughing7:

TheDane

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Stuff :thumbsup:

It will be a month before I am laying down there in my Condo but I will be at Panama City

Hope I do as well as you did

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again guys :icon_thumleft:

We came to Fort Myers Beach two days ago, and I had the chance to detect a couple of times here.
The beach is real awsome, air 90, water 91 :o and also something to find.

A cell phone, a key, a lot of change and MILLIONS of pull tabs.
And then a crematory tag of some kind ?? What is that doing on a beach ?

Here some pictures:

florida476q.jpg

florida450.jpg

florida462g.jpg

florida463.jpg

florida465.jpg

florida466.jpg

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Steen, sorry I missed this post. I was in Florida from the 16th to the 26th. We could have hooked up. I was close to the Space Center near Cocoa Beach. Too bad we missed each other.

DM

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow DM, what a pitty. :'(
I didn´t know that. What a shame, could have been fun.

Maybe an other time ? :headbang:

I am now back in Denmark after a fantastic holiday in Florida.

During the week at Fort Myers Beach a detectorist from the north-east of the USA talked to me on the beach, he hadn´t brought his detector on his holiday thou.
So I thought I would actually go thou my holidays without seeing any detektorists.
On the last evening i packed in my detector as we had to travel early in the morning.
In the morning when I looked out the window I actually saw two guys detecting the beach. I went and talked to them. Very nice guys and fun to talk to them. I also showed them my finds.

Here now the last picture in this post from me:
To sum up the coins went to an amount of $16.82
Not much, but it was fun to find them.
Why don´t you folks in the US drop those 1 cents and make the Dollar and maybe the 5 Dollar into coins. Would be good for seachers ! :wink: ;D

florida528.jpg

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well, we do have the dollar coin. Both the Sacajawea/Native American and the Presidential dollar. I use them all the time, but the banks won't order them or make them available. I have to order mine directly from the mint (Direct Ship program - they pay the shipping).

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Well, we do have the dollar coin. Both the Sacajawea/Native American and the Presidential dollar. I use them all the time, but the banks won't order them or make them available. I have to order mine directly from the mint (Direct Ship program - they pay the shipping).

I know DD...
I think I saw one of them in California three years ago.
But I guess it must be way too expensive continuing making all those small 1 cents ?
In my country the smallest coin is 50 ore, is about 9 cents and the largest coin, 20 Kroner, has a value of aprox. $3.7 !

Finding 10 of those on the beach is nice ! ;D :icon_thumleft:

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
Since 1982 our Penny coins are made of Zinc, with a very thin overlay of copper.They are ok , until you get them wet, then they disolve! :laughing7:

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thank you for visiting our beautiful state. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed yourself and hope you come back again soon! Happy detecting! ;D

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs Bloom said:
Thank you for visiting our beautiful state. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed yourself and hope you come back again soon! Happy detecting! ;D

Thanks Mrs Bloom ....

.... I have already started calculating, when I can afford to come back !! :laughing7:

:icon_thumleft:

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
Nice report and I am glad you loved Florida, you got a danish hunting buddy anytime you are around the Pensacola area of Florida,

pjdave

May 10, 2005
Hi Dane. It was nice meeting you on Ft. Myers Beach. My brother and I were the two guys detecting the beach. I actually found a gold Spanish coin dated 1773. Even in the heat I got the chills. But alas, when I washed it off I saw the dreaded word "COPY". I also fixed my headphone jack. Good luck! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurenut said:
Nice report and I am glad you loved Florida, you got a danish hunting buddy anytime you are around the Pensacola area of Florida,

Sounds nice, treasurenut !! :thumbsup:

Are you born in Denmark, or are you of danish hertage ?

:hello2:

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pjdave said:
Hi Dane. It was nice meeting you on Ft. Myers Beach. My brother and I were the two guys detecting the beach. I actually found a gold Spanish coin dated 1773. Even in the heat I got the chills. But alas, when I washed it off I saw the dreaded word "COPY". I also fixed my headphone jack. Good luck! :icon_thumright:

Hi pjdave !! :thumbsup:

It was so nice meeting you two guys, I´m just sorry you didn´t show up some days before, could have been fun searching together with you.
Cheeesh, you almost gave me a heart attack talking about that Spanish gold coin, don´t do that again ! :laughing7:
Would be interesting for me to know what you guys dug up on that beach, please show us some pictures !

Hope to meet you two again some time !

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread