Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi;

Went out to a challenging house site that has been spread over several acres by timber companies. The upside to the challenge is that I always manage to pull something out of each trip there. The spot is also bisected with a dirt road. On one side I dug flat buttons and a very pocket worn 180? Large cent. The side I hunted yesterday has only given up flat buttons and odd brass pieces. Yesterday was no exception. I did pop up what I thought was an Asian good luck token that was kind of crudded up. When I cleaned off the grunge I realized it was not what I thought it was. I believe it to possibly be a decorative brass bangle* (*proper name eludes me) for a saddle. I have dug one once before but it was domed rather than flat. This one has no markings on the back.

When I cleaned off the flat buttons I noticed one had designs on the face. The designs are hand done due to random placement on the button. I dug part of a knee buckle, a small brass buckle, and two iron buckles. I also dug an iron fastener with loop at the bottom. I don't believe there is much good iron left underneath so I left it as is for the pic. Also dug what I thought was a fired bullet at first since it was a heavy dark brown blob. After picking off the crust found what looks like a pewter piece broken off something.

buttons..jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of relics really like the button and buckles! Got to be some more coins there. HH!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice relics. Congrats on the finds! GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread