Latest finds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well guess by now most people will realize, that my posts are brief and to the point. Won't say sorry for that, I'm from Yorkshire, we don't use ten words, when one will do. Think the problem with this site is, that the powers that be, have been fed sh-t so long, they've got a taste for it. These are simply my finds, some people should get over it. Not been easy, spent 30years in the hobby. Now simply reaping the rewards, of a lot of hard work. If the posters to this site want me to stop posting, just tell me, it's no problem.
Best Regards
Robert.

Oops nearly forgot the finds. Late medieval buckle, a short cross cut half Winchester mint 1180-1272, and best of all a tiny silver pendant, hollow probably to hold a reliquary 13th - 14th Century. Sorry if this post offends.

Attachments

• IMG_6256.JPG
    IMG_6256.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 12

nolanation

Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you on drugs when you posted this? LoL

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's VERY CLEAR to me! Rob just dug up a 2000+ plus year old gold coin and can't get a Banner out of it? That's crazy! Take a look up top and then tell me that doesn't deserve a spot up there. I happen to enjoy writing and reading stories of finds but what I really enjoy and respect is when somebody that obviously works really hard at this hobby makes an incredible find. Rob is just an average dude like you and I that puts in a hell of a lot of time researching and slogging through fields. Then he goes home and cleans his finds and has a few beers. Why is it different for him? Why shouldn't that incredible gold coin be up there? My fear is that we start losing the folks that I respect most from this site. I don't know Rob at all but I know I enjoy seeing his finds and I respect what he does. He's got a good personality and can take and give a joke. These are the people that make this forum enjoyable.
Keep doing what you do brother and keep posting for people like me that I enjoy your incredible finds and your good humor

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
It's VERY CLEAR to me! Rob just dug up a 2000+ plus year old gold coin and can't get a Banner out of it? That's crazy! Take a look up top and then tell me that doesn't deserve a spot up there. I happen to enjoy writing and reading stories of finds but what I really enjoy and respect is when somebody that obviously works really hard at this hobby makes an incredible find. Rob is just an average dude like you and I that puts in a hell of a lot of time researching and slogging through fields. Then he goes home and cleans his finds and has a few beers. Why is it different for him? Why shouldn't that incredible gold coin be up there? My fear is that we start losing the folks that I respect most from this site. I don't know Rob at all but I know I enjoy seeing his finds and I respect what he does. He's got a good personality and can take and give a joke. These are the people that make this forum enjoyable.
Keep doing what you do brother and keep posting for people like me that I enjoy your incredible finds and your good humor
I, for one, completely agree with your comments if that's what his post is about. Would it have been so hard to just say so ? Maybe one of the mods could explain why his coin didn't make the banner ? :dontknow:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, for one, completely agree with your comments if that's what his post is about. Would it have been so hard to just say so ? Maybe one of the mods could explain why his coin didn't make the banner ? :dontknow:

Hey I'm sorry I got a little fired up but I truly just don't understand any of it. I'm not going to go down the road of pointing anything out on the Banner because I would never disrespect anybody's find. But Robs gold coin checks every box imaginable for me. Incredibly old, valuable, incredible condition, great pics....I just hate seeing somebody not get the credit they deserve

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
great

finds

cool

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like seeing your finds. I was a bit confused by the post, but I guess Abe cleared that up. I think that your gold coin is killer... I have (read: will) never find anything like that. So what if you didn't get a banner, you got a ancient gold coin... much better than some accolades from the internet. just my opinion.

Good luck out there, and thanks for posting!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

I don't come here for competition nor for confab.

I think this site would be perfect, if the banner was just a decoration, voted on by the mods, ONLY.
The "voting" is the single aspect that detracts the most, IMHO.

Short nuff?

Last edited:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me a picture tells a thousand words...as long as you found it...awesome finds, keep them coming! nuff said

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been in your situation,you find a once in a lifetime find,and its not good enough,its a shame,but a reality,
I guess you get the last laugh,you are the one that gets to hunt that historically rich area....
I say don't let it bother you, keep postin your awesome finds for us to drool over

Last edited:

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for me I like seeing your finds. The closest thing that old I can find around here is a rock. :laughing7: I would love to hunt some of the fields that you do. Short or not I like the posts.

JimK

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A banner wont make you any money, but your finds will keep posting them finds bud....:icon_thumleft:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I see where you are coming from and understand your disdain.
Keep it up, although last time didn't turn out the way it should have, I'm sure you'll find something else even more spectacular very soon.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, this is the best post for us to discuss the issue, because if we do this on your gold coin post (& its started a little) then that is when the MODs clamp up & don't award you what you deserve.
Your clean pictures need adding to the original post, because they might still pick a nice shot for the banner. I know it might be the missing story that lets it down (in their opinion), so you could amend the first post, if your that bothered. If you not, then just smile to yourself that the 'right' people 'know'.

Forgot; Nice Finds.

PalmettoPride

Nov 13, 2014
Lexington South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken! Thanks for sharing your finds-those blow away anything we could find in the states, at least age-wise.

Hey my wife is from North Yorkshire & I can't seem to get her to quit talking...

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
I am on here two or three times a day and somehow missed your gold coin post. Went back to see it and believe it to be BANNER worthy, because i always say any gold coin found with a metal detector deserves BANNER. Don't know if it's to late but i am putting in my BANNER vote. Congrats.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on here two or three times a day and somehow missed your gold coin post. Went back to see it and believe it to be BANNER worthy, because i always say any gold coin found with a metal detector deserves BANNER. Don't know if it's to late but i am putting in my BANNER vote. Congrats.

Its never too late, some have taken more than a week to get up there, some only 10 minutes....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread