Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
......you ever watch the cartoon Yosemite Sam??Condescending ........... chitty?? Glad you have so many pieces....I have never counted,but I have one or two,and can say I personally found every single one of mine....no worries bout fakes that way :thumbsup:

Best way to stay out of the fire!! Learn the hard way!

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you can't tell that is a repro from those pictures then I strongly suggest you refrain from buying any artifacts, especially from Ebay.

Also, I said nothing about the flaking or the notches, but since you brought it up, those notches are very crudely done that base has absolutely no grinding which would be typical of an actual American Indian Point of this type.

So Reaper, what type of point do you think they are trying to represent? Looks like a Kirk Corner Notch to me and I don't believe they ground the base on that many of them. Also, why do you say the notches are crudely done?
Please don't take offense to these questions, I'm just curious if you see something that I don't. I still believe it to be a modern pt.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Area found dictates the cleaning process. I can just run most of mine under water if that. I know a friend that has to dip his in muratic acid/brick cleaner to release the calcium deposits off of them.

They are calcified and unrecognizable if he does not. He is doing the right thing with "his'' artifacts to clean and display them. To not do what he is doing would be ridiculous. Be like leaving a rust cocoon on an artillery shell.

I agree leave the buying of artifacts to those who wish to build a large collection. I have yet to see a collector who has not ended up with some fakes it is a gamble they know and are willing to take. What they do with that fake determines what kind of collector they are.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I believe your right lots of comments haha

bci101tractors

Jan 10, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one reason nobody comments on your posts...jmo. (the 17,000 thing...)
And the statement "why in tarnation would you wash your artifacts" wasn't "chitty" or condescending?

I didn't mean to sound defensive. I just couldn't understand why someone would oppose to the cleaning of artifacts. Scrubbing or cleaning with any chemicals, even soap, is a big no no to me. But a mild washing with a toothbrush and warm water has never hurt any of the 17,000 pieces I own.

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
This is one reason nobody comments on your posts...jmo. (the 17,000 thing...)

I'm sure Reaper sleeps perfectly well at night regardless of how many comments he gets on his posts. He's one of the really good members of the artifact community, both on the internet and in person. There are many that will come to the defense of Reaper and his character.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by your post, but it seems like some sort of slight. A person should be proud of 17,000 artifacts; especially with many being personal finds.

What does get old is the continued misinformation that gets spewed around on this site. He simply tries to correct it. Sometimes it's hard to find good ways to tell someone that they have a bunch of rocks, or their comment was so absurd it has no base in factual information. If someone gets the tighty whiteys in a wad, then they need to step back from the comptuer and work on emotional intelligence.

Hippy

Cosmo

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17,000 is insane! Sure would like to see your best 5 or 10 artifacts.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see where you put them lol I have several and I'm running out of space lol I bet the top 10 are very very nice pieces probably once and a lifetime pieces !!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well respected and the scholar?Yet cant take a question?Also ....he seems to have been the one with the whities tight.He has no idea who is talking to on the other end,or all there is to know...especially about out west,just as I dont out east.I am nobodies whipping boy and wont stand to being talked down to.....

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a friend who had over 350 sites that he collected from. He was pretty much my mentor. He taught me to keep all my sites in different boxes and to label all artifacts with the site number and keep a site book where all the sites were located.
My point is, if you figure he had an average of 50 points per box, that's over 17000 and some of the boxes had way more than a hundred pieces in them. So what Grim Reaper says, is definately not unheard of. You might be surprised at the number of collectors that have found at least that many, probably more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread