Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Florida Hunters wanted for TV Series

montanagold said:
Truth is Tom that this hobby is full of people that feel that it is their responsibility to protect it as if they are the only ones who have the right or ability to detect. Many who get down right mean about it, one minute their talking about introducing people to the hobby then they are complaining because they saw someone detecting the local tot lot that they feel is their spot. Kind of reminds me of prospecting folks who have mining claims and put up no tresspassing signs when the land doesent even belong to them. Many a show has benn made in the past about treasure hunting and many a show will be made and oh look the hobby is still here, personally I hope to see lots of treasure hunting shows in the future so I can watch it on TV all the time.

It's one thing to introduce friends, family, acquaintances to the hobby who have a genuine interest in history and are not out to make a buck on their finds. Inviting thousands of new people worldwide to grab a machine and head to the local beaches and parks to dig for jewelry & coins especially when the economy is so bad is an entirely different animal.

The more posts I read from you "TV guys" in these threads, the more evident it is that you just don't "get it".

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just yesterday, i had a guy ask me....wat id dat ? Wat id do? I gota git me one ov does tings.

No joke....im sure he and his bunches of kids will make it look worse than a gopher on the loose.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
underdogger said:
Perfect every swinging Tom Dick and Harry has a detector In Florida. Well you can have this state. I will stay in N.Y. These lazy people do not know how to leave an area . What a mess these parks are in Vero and Sebastian. they should ban the sport for about 10 years down here. I will never waste anymore of my tourist money .

"Yes" the competition is already pretty stiff here in Florida all year round which is why I don't think we'll notice a significant impact or increase from these fantasy entertainment shows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions