Food/Drink check. What are you eating/drinking right now?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Battered fried green tomatoes and squash , fried pork chops that have enough fat on them to have flavor , fresh steamed sweet corn and fresh baked home made bread both slathered in fresh churned butter .
As George Carlin said when Richard Pryor caught fire freebasing :"Hell with that ! I'll just have another heart attack !"
I forgot to mention the slices of vine ripened beefsteak tomatoes frosted in salt and speckled in freshground black pepper .
In my defense ; I do abstain all sweets . :tongue3:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch,

YUM! We had fresh squash and vine-ripened tomatoes yesterday - along with a fresh-from-the-garden salad (salad is MY snacks) yesterday.
(though, I'm getting a little tired of squash and zuchinni, and I'm getting tired of freezing corn, and I've still got a bucket of tomatoes to can, there ain't nuthin' like fresh-from-the-garden anything.

B

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Real de Tayopa said:
HI Truck, can you drive a mule?

Don Jose de La Mancha
Think this got posted in the wrong thread . But , yes ,Senior, I can drive mules . I intend to post a picture of myself and my grandson and a mule we have on our estancia that is willing to be ridden , driven , and packed .
What you do not do is allow a dog to get close to her . She is a dedicated dog killer .

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Sausage and linguine, with sauce, salad and washing it down with sprite.
====================================================================
Mrs O , sounds good, I love good Italian food . While I don't normally drink alcohol with dinner, I
do like a good Italian beer like Peroni with good pizza or a sausage dish.
****************************************************************************************

Battered fried green tomatoes and squash , fried pork chops that have enough fat on them to have flavor , fresh steamed sweet corn and fresh baked home made bread both slathered in fresh churned butter .
truckinbutch, now that's how I grew up, eating meals like that. No restaurant can put good country or mountain
food like that on a table. We too have been eating fried green 'maters' long before that movie & probably it's
actors were born. Right now I'm eating all the vine-ripened tomatoes I can get because come February or March
I'm like some junkie & start droolin thinking about those good tomatoes coming in late July. (hopefully) :tongue3:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Tubecity said:
Sausage and linguine, with sauce, salad and washing it down with sprite.
Mrs O , sounds good, I love good Italian food . While I don't normally drink alcohol with dinner, I
do like a good Italian beer like Peroni with good pizza or a sausage dish.
****************************************************************************************

truckinbutch, now that's how I grew up, eating meals like that. No restaurant can put good country or mountain
food like that on a table. We too have been eating fried green 'maters' long before that movie & probably it's
actors were born. Right now I'm eating all the vine-ripened tomatoes I can get because come February or March
I'm like some junkie & start droolin thinking about those good tomatoes coming in late July. (hopefully) :tongue3:
I hear ya and we aren't that far apart . I'm in Morgantown .

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

The wife is working a little late...I have reheated red beans with dirty rice mixed with fat sausage chunks and some phenomenally great tasting spice....I only added extra fresh ground black pepper...Did I mention the diet Cranberry Canada Dry ginger ale on ice..with a (sniff) touch of liquid medicinal spirits?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God! I love fried green tomatoes! Best food ever invented by man! None of those pigholeos or whatever it was for me! Monty

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Monty said:
God! I love fried green tomatoes! Best food ever invented by man! None of those pigholeos or whatever it was for me! Monty

We will have a plate together..some day.

:wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread