fool me once.....

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update to my post. After I posted - don’t be duped - later in the day Robert at tesoro left a message for me to call him. I didn’t call right back as I needed time to meticulously strategize. Could it be a threat of legal action? What nefarious subterfuge had he inculcated? Could I counter his machinations & get the REAL Robert to show his true colors? If so, then I could unmask this farce of over-the-top customer care. I knew he was a cool operator so I had better be well-prepared & on top of my game! My mettle would be tested.

Robert threw me a curve ball. Wow, I can see why he is worth whatever they pay him. His stealth lies in how unassuming he pretends to be. What a ninja at disarming unaware people! He calmly & blatantly alleged that he loved my post - yeah, really, do you expect me to believe that? Man, I couldn’t believe his duplicity! Then he upped the ante by coyly asking me if they could print my post - don’t be duped - in their Metal Detector Information Magazine. Hah, has anyone ever heard of this magazine? Not to be outwitted, I feigned that I was flattered & sheepishly said yes. (Two can play the same game.) He (whatever his real name is) emailed me a writer’s release form. I snail-mailed it back to him.

Now, this is my quandary - what to do next? I considered calling the Chamber of Commerce & the Better Business Bureau about tesoro - but what could I PROVE? I know what they are going to do - send my detector back to me in perfect working condition. And, to placate me they might even add a free battery pack. Do they really figure that this will get me to back off? Such an obvious ploy will never assuage me. Hah - do they think that I am so naive as to fall for that? Wrong! I am of firm resole & will not be dissuaded. This charade will be stopped. I have Google Earth up & running - I am monitoring them - they have to be up to something untoward. They will be caught doing SOMETHING - of this I can assure you.

I appreciate all of your replies to my post. And yes, I took particular note of those who told me that the RECEPTIONIST handled their problem & sent them a free replacement part. This is getting to be as bizzare as quantum physics in the Twilight Zone. Their customer satisfaction policy is matters of a different dimension. No receptionist has the authority to do that - IMPOSSIBLE - no, no, no, no no, no! As I labored over this whole situation a single thought kept coming back to me. Robert is ALSO a Roberta - do you see where I am going with this. This would explain “Robert’s” peculiar penchant of wanting to please customers - who are mainly men!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread