Foreign Coin Hunting!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the wife and I are on vacation back at my parents in Chicago and I went through my old bedroom to find my collection of foreign coins I collected traveling over the last 20 years!

The bag on the left is 16.7 lbs of Canadian Pennies and the bag on the right is 6.2 lbs of misc. foreign coins! I can't wait to get this stash back home so I can search through it! I hope to find some old Canadian pennies worth more than copper...they haven't been touched for YEARS! Any ideas on key dates for Can Cu? (sorry of that's been asked before)

Wish me luck!!!

Cheers

image-498637678.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well since I am waiting to go for lunch I just placed the bag on the table an did some "window shopping" and saw this King George staring at me...1945 right on top! This could be a good sign!

image-1912978730.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't know on key dates, but good luck, hope you find some old AG!
hh
buff

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1921-1925 pennies are the keys to the series. I tink. I tink therefore I ham.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well since I am waiting to go for lunch I just placed the bag on the table an did some "window shopping" and saw this King George staring at me...1945 right on top! This could be a good sign!

View attachment 670454

That is a good looking King George VI!
For Canadian pennies, if you want to hoard the copper, keep all pre 1997. For the numismatic value, pre 1960 are good to come around. 1954 is a key date for that decade by the way. Also, keep all pre 1953, because those are KG VI. And finally, if you will get that lucky the 1936 and prior are the King George V pennies, those are very hard to find.
Please tell me the finals for that good looking batch of pennies.
P.S: For BuffaloBoy and others: After a long vacational break from CRH, I'm back in a game! Gonna get some penny boxes to search before they are gone.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
That is a good looking King George VI!
For Canadian pennies, if you want to hoard the copper, keep all pre 1997. For the numismatic value, pre 1960 are good to come around. 1954 is a key date for that decade by the way. Also, keep all pre 1953, because those are KG VI. And finally, if you will get that lucky the 1936 and prior are the King George V pennies, those are very hard to find.
Please tell me the finals for that good looking batch of pennies.
P.S: For BuffaloBoy and others: After a long vacational break from CRH, I'm back in a game! Gonna get some penny boxes to search before they are gone.

Thanks for the info!!! These pennies haven't been touched in probably 10 years so there should be mostly copper! I'll try to go through them when we get back from vacation in a week and do totals by year!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
PM me about the misc foreign coins, I can help you identify each one and tell you the value of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread