Crappy Post Office

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Ok, so I sold my second box of $100 copper pennies on feebay for $152 including shipping and I did the standard stuff. Packaged it up and took it to the post office the next day after receiving payment. I gave it to them Thursday and it was suppossed to be scanned for acceptance, but it wasn't!!!! I insured it through feebay JUST so I wouldn't have the chance of losing out on $100, all the post office had to do was scan it for acceptance, and everything would have been ok for me. It was shipped priority mail and it should arrive to buyers house, who is all the way on the other side of the country, TUESDAY! I mean give me a break! I guess I'm going to have to ask them to let me see that it is scanned for acceptance. I can't deal with the stress of worrying whether or not it is going to get there because I can't afford to lose $100 out of my bankroll. Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to just sit back and see what happens?

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I sold my second box of $100 copper pennies on feebay for $152 including shipping and I did the standard stuff. Packaged it up and took it to the post office the next day after receiving payment. I gave it to them Thursday and it was suppossed to be scanned for acceptance, but it wasn't!!!! I insured it through feebay JUST so I wouldn't have the chance of losing out on $100, all the post office had to do was scan it for acceptance, and everything would have been ok for me. It was shipped priority mail and it should arrive to buyers house, who is all the way on the other side of the country, TUESDAY! I mean give me a break! I guess I'm going to have to ask them to let me see that it is scanned for acceptance. I can't deal with the stress of worrying whether or not it is going to get there because I can't afford to lose $100 out of my bankroll. Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to just sit back and see what happens?
The only people LESS helpful then old bank tellers? Post office employees..... Good luck, every time I've had a problem through USPS I've gotten screwed......

Don't worry too much though unless it's been a few days. The box weighs 60lbs? I'm sure the lazy Post Office Employees are all trying to avoid it
. It's probably just sitting there while everybody is playing "Not it".... stepping over it as they walk to the break room LMAO, sorry bud...
Also, I'm sure the holiday weekend didn't help you any. I bet it doesn't get scanned till Tuesday. Drop your buyer a message explaining the situation. This will go a long way.....as an experienced feebayer communication is key. The buyer should understand its a holiday shipping will be delayed....

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am ZERO for two on shipping coins now.

A peace dollar I shipped got stolen by an empoyee. the package was town un half, taped back up, and returned. What the Fudge. All for a some crappy peace dollar.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use UPS in the future. Less hassle, insurance up to $100 is included and a tracking number. And you don't have to deal with the post office employees!

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
The first one I shipped got there alright and got scanned for acceptance, but this is seriously some crap.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Use UPS in the future. Less hassle, insurance up to $100 is included and a tracking number. And you don't have to deal with the post office employees!

Ebay is cheaper and has good reviews as long as it gets scanned for acceptance by the post office. And I can't ship 68lbs of coins for $11.35 with UPS.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delivery confirmation is just that, confirmation of delivery. It is not tracking in the same way fedex or UPS does tracking. If you sent it out from a USPS contract location it has better odds of not being scanned in than if you sent it out from the hub.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Delivery confirmation is just that, confirmation of delivery. It is not tracking in the same way fedex or UPS does tracking. If you sent it out from a USPS contract location it has better odds of not being scanned in than if you sent it out from the hub.

Ebay requires a tracking number, and maybe it's because they had me carry the package to the back room with all of the other packages, so they forgot to scan it?

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
You should be okay, it will get scanned along the way by someone. As for the next time, make sure they scan it in front of you. Just ask them to do it even if it upsets them.

Mr E SECRET

Aug 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude. Chill. You're package will get there fine, you're electronic right? You're fine. I only hope you commercially taped 65lbs worth of coin. Because the only thing worse than your package not getting scanned at all, is your empty box arriving to destination being scanned as delivered. Out your money, and have a pissed Ebay buyer. You're fine. No worries. Holiday weekend and Christmas BLOW.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay requires a tracking number, and maybe it's because they had me carry the package to the back room with all of the other packages, so they forgot to scan it?

If you ask USPS if delivery confirmation is tracking, they will say it isn't. It does provide proof of delivery or no delivery though. To add a twist to things...I once ordered some very expensive items that were sent USPS priority with delivery confirmation. I checked the number on the USPS site one day and it indicated that the package was "delivered." So I go out to the box and NO PACKAGE. I call USPS and they say it is scanned in as delivered and they cant do anything. Turns out the driver scanned it before leaving to do her run, but forgot to place the package in my stack. It showed up the next day.

If you really want to be sure and secure you can use UPS or Fedex, but those are much more expensive options when compared to USPS flat rate. Id wager your package will show up fine. You have the stamped delivery conf slip, be sure to keep it. If it does not show up in the system by the middle of next week call USPS with the number ready, they should be able to help you. Some of the stops where packages get scanned do not go into the system, but the operators can access them.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Dude. Chill. You're package will get there fine, you're electronic right? You're fine. I only hope you commercially taped 65lbs worth of coin. Because the only thing worse than your package not getting scanned at all, is your empty box arriving to destination being scanned as delivered. Out your money, and have a pissed Ebay buyer. You're fine. No worries. Holiday weekend and Christmas BLOW.

They said it would be good because I put a whole roll of strapping tape on it and covered the whole box again with cheap $1 a roll duck packaging tape. The coins are in bags too, so the only was they would get lost would be if the box completely fell apart. I already shipped one box that got there fine.

Mr E SECRET

Aug 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to add, selling your hard work sifting through coppers for a measley $35 dollar profit per $100 (after fees)...is the longest and worst way to build your CRH bankroll. Most people that are hoarding coppers like myself, are doing so for long term, longer than 5 years for investment. You're better off doing dimes and selling those, than wasting 3-4 weeks sorting through coppers for $35. Tough love, but I'm keeping it real. I'm assuming you don't have a Ryedale.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'd like to add, selling your hard work sifting through coppers for a measley $35 dollar profit per $100 (after fees)...is the longest and worst way to build your CRH bankroll. Most people that are hoarding coppers like myself, are doing so for long term, longer than 5 years for investment. You're better off doing dimes and selling those, than wasting 3-4 weeks sorting through coppers for $35. Tough love, but I'm keeping it real. I'm assuming you don't have a Ryedale.

No, you're straight up and I like that. I don't really have that much money to sort dimes. I'm only 16 and my mom won't let me sell ANY silver I find, even any to cover gas expenses. I enjoy going through cents for errors, wheats, and indians, mainly errors, and I figure I might as well take the copper out and sell it if I'm going through them by hand.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you're straight up and I like that. I don't really have that much money to sort dimes. I'm only 16 and my mom won't let me sell ANY silver I find, even any to cover gas expenses. I enjoy going through cents for errors, wheats, and indians, mainly errors, and I figure I might as well take the copper out and sell it if I'm going through them by hand.

Dude, your mom is the biggest buzzkill ever.

Here's an Idea. Stop informing your parents of your silver finds. Tah Dah! Sell it Craigslist, or ebay to increase the Bank roll. Sell it me for Christs sake, I'll give you spot if you really need some cash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is cheaper and has good reviews as long as it gets scanned for acceptance by the post office. And I can't ship 68lbs of coins for $11.35 with UPS.
Yea, more like 30 bucks if you try UPS I bet.

Actually it does have tracking. I do It ALL the time with Football cards. You can see what city the package Is in with this tracking. Priority may be different as I haven't used that feature in about a year. But first class with DC ( delivery confirmation) most definitely comes with real tracking. So priority should as well.

"forgot".... Hehe.....
If you ask USPS if delivery confirmation is tracking, they will say it isn't. It does provide proof of delivery or no delivery though. To add a twist to things...I once ordered some very expensive items that were sent USPS priority with delivery confirmation. I checked the number on the USPS site one day and it indicated that the package was "delivered." So I go out to the box and NO PACKAGE. I call USPS and they say it is scanned in as delivered and they cant do anything. Turns out the driver scanned it before leaving to do her run, but forgot to place the package in my stack. It showed up the next day.

If you really want to be sure and secure you can use UPS or Fedex, but those are much more expensive options when compared to USPS flat rate. Id wager your package will show up fine. You have the stamped delivery conf slip, be sure to keep it. If it does not show up in the system by the middle of next week call USPS with the number ready, they should be able to help you. Some of the stops where packages get scanned do not go into the system, but the operators can access them.
yea I have had some problems here and there. Twice I had a package show delivered to my zip code but no package. First time a neighbor show up with it a week later. Mailman scanned and delivered to the wrong house! Second time idk what the heck happened but it showed up 2 months later ! But so far in the end the USPS has come through. Crazy things just happen with them they "lose" Shiz all the time. Plus the terrible customer service. But the price is right !
I disagree. I think it a great way to build bankroll. Especially for him since he collects cents. Maybe you are in an area where the silver is flowing but I searched 10k worth of halves and dimes this month for a 100 bucks in silver. I could have tripled that selling copper.......... It just depends in your area.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio

Here's an Idea. Stop informing your parents of your silver finds. Tah Dah! Sell it Craigslist, or ebay to increase the Bank roll. Sell it me for Christs sake, I'll give you spot if you really need some cash.

I am NOT exagerating at all. My mom checks ebay every day, so I can't sell it there, and my mom doesn't let me sell on Craigslist because it's "dangerous."

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I just don't have the bankroll to search for silver. :/

Teller trays. If you can go to a lot of banks, just buy what the tellers have in their trays. Even after a full day of searching you are unlikely to have more than $100 in halves and I've found a better clad/silver ratio in trays than boxes.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

Wow, what advice to give a 16 year old living under his parents roof! Coppercrazy, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders so ignore the moronic advice given above and just obey your mom. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll work out a good strategy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread