Forrest Fenn s treasure

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I could go on. "where warm waters halt" the pee hits the bottom and goes no further. "below the home of Brown" that's where it would end up all right. And I can see he would not want to go back and retrieve that one item he wants back. He might have stashed it there when he was worried about the cops. The sealed jar would be needed. I'm just getting started.
I could go on. "where warm waters halt" the pee hits the bottom and goes no further. "below the home of Brown" that's where it would end up all right. And I can see he would not want to go back and retrieve that one item he wants back. He might have stashed it there when he was worried about the cops. The sealed jar would be needed. I'm just getting started.

The eleventh clue
"No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure."
New clue released in hunt for New Mexico treasure chest - TODAY News

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well that does take away alot of possibilitys...

struc·ture noun \ˈstrək-chər\

[h=2]Definition of STRUCTURE[/h]1
: the action of building : construction

a : something (as a building) that is constructed
b : something arranged in a definite pattern of organization <a rigid totalitarian structure — J. L. Hess> <leaves and other plant structures>

: manner of construction : makeup <Gothic in structure>

a : the arrangement of particles or parts in a substance or body <soil structure> <molecular structure>
b : organization of parts as dominated by the general character of the whole <economic structure> <personality structure>
c : coherent form or organization <tried to give some structure to the children's lives>

: the aggregate of elements of an entity in their relationships to each other <the structure of a language>
struc·ture·less \-ləs\ adjective
struc·ture·less·ness \-nəs\ noun

See structure defined for English-language learners »

See structure defined for kids »

[h=2]Examples of STRUCTURE[/h]
  • They studied the compound's molecular structure.
  • The film had a simple narrative structure.
  • the structure of a plant
  • the social structure of a college campus
  • changes to the company's power structure
  • The structure was damaged by fire.
  • Children need a lot of structure in their lives.

[h=2]Origin of STRUCTURE[/h]Middle English, from Latin structura, from structus, past participle of struere to heap up, build — more at strew First Known Use: 15th century

[h=2]Related to STRUCTURE[/h]Synonymsedifice, buildingRelated Wordsconstruction, erection; bungalow, cabin, chalet, cottage, house, lodge, summerhouse; hovel, hut, hutment, shack, shanty, shed; castle, château, estate, hall, manor, mansion, palace, pile, villa; skyscraper, tower
more

[h=2]Other Building Terms[/h]batten, cistern, hearth, lath, transom, wainscot

[h=2][SUP]2[/SUP]structure[/h]transitive verb
struc·turedstruc·tur·ing \ˈstrək-chə-riŋ, ˈstrək-shriŋ\
[h=2]Definition of STRUCTURE[/h]1
: to form into or according to a structure

: construct

[h=2]Examples of STRUCTURE[/h]
  • She structured the essay chronologically.

[h=2]First Known Use of STRUCTURE[/h]circa 1693

[h=2]Other Building Terms[/h]batten, cistern, hearth, lath, transom, wainscot

[h=2]struc·ture[/h]noun \ˈstrək-chər\ (Medical Dictionary)
[h=2]Medical Definition of STRUCTURE[/h]1
: something (as an anatomical part) arranged in a definite pattern of organization

a : the arrangement of particles or parts in a substance or body <molecular structure> b : organization of parts as dominated by the general character of the whole <personality structure>

: the aggregate of elements of an entity in their relationships to each other

alexfrank

Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is anyones thoughs on "and found the blaze". is it a plant, fire pit, camp site, fallen star, what

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what is anyones thoughs on "and found the blaze". is it a plant, fire pit, camp site, fallen star, what

Seems like you have to find the spot by hiking "good" "matching" locations in order to know. Could be a marking in the rocks. Could be a tree. Could be an old fire. Just remember. He said it could be a thousand years before someone would find it. So "THINK" longevity. And old. Simpler the better. Sometimes the best place to hide something, is in plain view.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you knew anything about treasure stories and what they consist of you could figure that Forrest is quite the word miser as we all know. For those that don't believe in dowsing you can stuff it but, many people have dowsed this story to the same conclusion, he has not hid it yet. When some of the closest people to him that have been friends with him for thirty or forty years cannot figure out where it is, how will we? They have more insight into the knowledge of how he thinks and acts and speaks yet they cannot figure it out. I rely on information to find treasure. A poem with nine clues that a kid can figure out, but I have been on forums with scholar professors and they cannot come to a conclusion that they can all agree on is the answer. Have fun looking for it and going to New Mexico adding to the revenue of that state. I believe I am going to do one of these for Wyoming next year. Bring some people in to the state to spend thousands. Good tourism trap I must say..

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am new and only heard about this treasure hunt after the TodayShow.
Ithink the BLAZE is not only a reference to a marking in the woods, but a direct reference to the clues that are hidden in the poem. Not the lines that describe the area, but anagrams etc that are hidden below the surface.
Example...and with my treasures bold...anagrams perfectly to...below stray handed truism. A sly reference that suggests his answer is ultimately found by looking beyond the obvious clues and looking deeper into to the poem itself. I have found a few, and some that I am working on really have me stumped. Has anyone had success along these lines. You don't have to say where, just want to see if anyone else is trying.

sprinkle

Nov 27, 2012
Ok my thoughts on where the treasure is, I think it's in a storage locker in Santa Fe, that way he's able to see if any one has found it, but there's more. I think he's hidden a key to the locker and a map as to where the locker is, in a small box or maybe a coffee can or a jar somewhere in forrest north of Santa Fe. That would explain how a 79 year old man being treated for cancer could do it. :dontknow:

Lets just wait for an episode of storage wars to find it then :)

Argus33

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am new and only heard about this treasure hunt after the TodayShow.
Ithink the BLAZE is not only a reference to a marking in the woods, but a direct reference to the clues that are hidden in the poem. Not the lines that describe the area, but anagrams etc that are hidden below the surface.
Example...and with my treasures bold...anagrams perfectly to...below stray handed truism. A sly reference that suggests his answer is ultimately found by looking beyond the obvious clues and looking deeper into to the poem itself. I have found a few, and some that I am working on really have me stumped. Has anyone had success along these lines. You don't have to say where, just want to see if anyone else is trying.

That's been my principle mode of searching, but so far the letters are so great in number that you can make just about anything you want out of them...

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anagrams only count as valid if they use all the letters and make sense.
If you try to force them you usually get stuck with extra letters.obviously that doesnt count.
Look for words or phrases that seem forced or out of place.
I solved, begin ithere warm waters halt, and put in below the home of Brown. But even with that and a few others, at best I have a broad area. Back to work. Good luck all

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
things FF has said,from a link a few pgs back
Forrest Fenn was creating a bounty, and the art and antiquities dealer says his goal was to make sure it was "valuable enough to entice searchers and desirable enough visibly to strike awe."
Occasionally, he would test that premise, pulling out the chest and asking his friends to open the lid.
"Mostly, when they took the first look," he says, "they started laughing," hardly able the grasp his amazing plan.

Fenn, who lives with his wife in a gated estate near the center of town, insists he is the only person who knows where his treasure is hidden
he emphasizes two things: He never said the treasure was buried, and he never said it was in Santa Fe, or even New Mexico for that matter
So far, the best anyone seems to have gotten out of him is that the treasure is more than 300 miles west of Toledo, not in Nevada, and more than 5,000 feet above sea level "in the Rocky Mountains. and not near any structures
------------------------------------------

more things FF said
well this is a change up in the game,at least 2 people are named as haveing seen this chest and treasure
b4 the book was ever wrote and published,and FF hid the treasure, b4 he had the book published
one is friend, Michael McGarrity, an author and former Santa Fe County sheriff's deputy
2 is Douglas Preston, who wrote a novel in 2004 and is loosely based on Fenn's story.and Preston says FF
vault is empty, and then there is a Dan Nietzel, a professional treasure hunter who has searched for Fenn's treasure.
though dan has not said he seen it,and FF has 2 daughters and grandsons,and a jewler friend in town that is looking
no telling how many others knew about and seen this Tbox b4 the book,and the lastest news about it

i think chances are good that someone could have found the Tbox already
so with this new info,ill prob not make the side trip this fall to look for the Tbox,on my way for a vist to TX

warpigs777

Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is he really going to give a clue on national news every month!!!!! Just bringing new people that have no idea where to start in here and :censored: **** up. Not trying to be a douche but seriously :nono:

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He will be giving a NEW CLUE each month, however based on the first two new clues, I think its safe to say they will be little real value.
Read and searh the poem.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He will be giving a NEW CLUE each month, however based on the first two new clues, I think its safe to say they will be little real value.
Read and searh the poem.

Yeah. They're only "clues" in the loosest sense of the term.

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Above 5K feet, 300 miles west Toledo ( I assume Ohio). If these are the new clues , I wonder how much real help the rest are??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread