Forrest Fenn s treasure

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are exceptions to a rule then it is not a rule. Statistics and chance do not a rule make either. Are all bananas yellow?

Here is a good question which might even come into play:

If someone said "YOU CAN'T BE IN THE WATER TOO MUCH",

Does that mean don't stay in the water long, OR does it mean there is no such thing as being in the water too much?

So.... what is Your interpretation of that statement above?

Context would influence my interpetation. If I just got in the pool and we were expecting dinner guests in an hour, I would think along your first suggrstion, but if my wife said it after she was in the pool for a long time and I asked how long she was planning to stay in there, then I might opt for your second choice.

Context is the key there. The blaze may be a way of finding the correct context to a clue in the poem.

I could be wrong but moving with confidence means knowing the answer, not taking your best guess.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Context would influence my interpetation. If I just got in the pool and we were expecting dinner guests in an hour, I would think along your first suggrstion, but if my wife said it after she was in the pool for a long time and I asked how long she was planning to stay in there, then I might opt for your second choice.

Context is the key there. The blaze may be a way of finding the correct context to a clue in the poem.

I could be wrong but moving with confidence means knowing the answer, not taking your best guess.

In a way I think we have the same idea, but mine is centered externally outside the poem, and yours inside the poem. Interesting to say the least. Could you explain a little how your idea works with "look quickly down" as far as that statement helping you understand what comes next in the poem please. I am trying to follow your train of thought but am not sure if I have it right.

I do see the point you are making though.

Thanks.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Daedalus won in that story, with some help from his friends.

Unless we want to chalk up every competitive venture mankind has ever encountered, perhaps we should ignore the original poster. To me the story of Daedalus is one of victory and accomplishment. To the victor go the spoils. Isn't that what humanity and mankind are all about?

J******* has it a** backwards, we are the RAMS, and those who embrace conformity and huddle for safety, well... they are the sheep.
(Not singling anyone out...just saying.. in general).

Let the competition continue, in as cooperative a manner as can be. The concept of "survival of the fittest" should not be feared but embraced.,

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way I think we have the same idea, but mine is centered externally outside the poem, and yours inside the poem. Interesting to say the least. Could you explain a little how your idea works with "look quickly down" as far as that statement helping you understand what comes next in the poem please. I am trying to follow your train of thought but am not sure if I have it right.

I do see the point you are making though.

Thanks.

When someone solves everything they will go to the hiding spot taking a path similar to the one FF took to hide it. They will park near where he parked and walk to the general area. As they get close, they will see the blaze that they were expecting to see and below it will be the hiding spot.

That is no major revelation, but I also believe the line that talks about the blaze is an instructional clue to people trying to solve the clues.

The clues must be solved in order. Its only after you confirm the first one that the second one can be found and so on. If you found your blaze by doing research or on google maps or some other way and it is correct, then you will see it confirmed in the poem. Its not easy and I could be wrong of course, but there should be something in the poem that gives you the confidence Mr. F said you would have.

I know that all sounds cryptic, but I dont want to give away all of my thoughts when so many lurkers are looking, lol.

But move with confidence was important to me, because if there isnt someway of verifying your solution to a clue then we would not really be able to solve it without checking every square foot of the rockies.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When someone solves everything they will go to the hiding spot taking a path similar to the one FF took to hide it. They will park near where he parked and walk to the general area. As they get close, they will see the blaze that they were expecting to see and below it will be the hiding spot.

That is no major revelation, but I also believe the line that talks about the blaze is an instructional clue to people trying to solve the clues.

The clues must be solved in order. Its only after you confirm the first one that the second one can be found and so on. If you found your blaze by doing research or on google maps or some other way and it is correct, then you will see it confirmed in the poem. Its not easy and I could be wrong of course, but there should be something in the poem that gives you the confidence Mr. F said you would have.

I know that all sounds cryptic, but I dont want to give away all of my thoughts when so many lurkers are looking, lol.

But move with confidence was important to me, because if there isnt someway of verifying your solution to a clue then we would not really be able to solve it without checking every square foot of the rockies.

One point I had made earlier, is that too much is taken for granted.
Take this as example.... true story... but pay attention to what I DIDN'T say;

My daughter and I laughed with excitement as we walked back to the car.

Now... What I didn't say is that we had spent the last two hours in white water rapids, a half an hour riding a bus back to base, and THEN, after the unspoken, we truly indeed walked back to the car laughing

Sure, we can go off the written and spoken words, but the secrets we have to uncover are the things F' did in between the lines, literally..

And again, I want folks to remember, F' is the king of saying " "I never said I
" ... Or "I never said it".
It is the same patented answer as saying " I can neither confirm nor deny anything at any time regarding the details of the chase".

Last edited:

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One point I had made earlier, is that too much is taken for granted.
Take this as example....

story... but pay attention to what I DIDN'T say;

My daughter and I laughed with excitement as we walked back to the car.

Now... What I didn't say is that we had spent the last two hours in white water rapids, a half an hour riding a bus back to base, and THEN, after the unspoken, we truly indeed walked back to the car laughing

Sure, we can go off the written and spoken words, but the secrets we have to uncover are the things F' did in between the lines, literally..

And again, I want folks to remember, F' is the king of saying " "I never said I
" ... Or "I never said it".
It is the same patented answer as saying " I can neither confirm nor deny anything at any time regarding the details of the chase".

Hence the importance of moving with confidence. Assumption, guess work, and hunches will be the downfall of many searches.

There is only one correct answer and the poem was crafted carefully to both conceal and reveal.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
the poem was crafted carefully to both conceal and reveal.

EExactly!!! "Take it in the canyon down" does not mean take it down in the canyon. A clue meant to conceal and reveal.

The whole stanza with "too far to walk", again conceal and reveal.

BUT, he does it in the same way each time. I won't say how yet, but in each case he is revealing one location, but concealing the real one.

And the thing that gives me the most confidence is that F' does it quite often in the poem, and each time it leads to an actual logical place, one different from the "face value" of what is said.

It would be nice if somebody understands this without me having to explain it.

His being consistent with his word-plays are his Tell.

Last edited:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
au-artifax you may be very surprised at what we all don't say. lol

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
au-artifax you may be very surprised at what we all don't say. lol

Not surprised at all. I am glad everyone here has you for a spokesman to help cut down on the clutter.

Anyone who wants an explanation of another way to read (written the same, just read differently) the poem, pls PM me.

May be a moot point as NV has already found the treasure I am sure.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its refreshing to see some sensibility in this thread. Solve them, IN ORDER, and you should be able to walk to it. Some have solved parts of the poem, some have been close to the box.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. Hopefully the realization is made that IF it is evil, it can always be conquered. Assuming no one is able makes an... well, you know.

As I am the original poster, I'm assuming he's taking a jab at me for some reason. Like many others, I've done tons of research, and could be of some help to those who ask. But, also, like everyone else, we didn't find it. One's interpretation is only as good as the place it takes you. Nothing evil about the search at all, just a "fun" little "game" Forrest is playing with history. We are choosing to play.

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its refreshing to see some sensibility in this thread. Solve them, IN ORDER, and you should be able to walk to it. Some have solved parts of the poem, some have been close to the box.

Thanks themarkd.

dishpan

Aug 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I am the original poster, I'm assuming he's taking a jab at me for some reason. Like many others, I've done tons of research, and could be of some help to those who ask. But, also, like everyone else, we didn't find it. One's interpretation is only as good as the place it takes you. Nothing evil about the search at all, just a "fun" little "game" Forrest is playing with history. We are choosing to play.

Very good points, and I don't think it's evil either - sorry, I thought he was referring to J's previous mythology post.

Last edited:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Not surprised at all. I am glad everyone here has you for a spokesman to help cut down on the clutter.

Anyone who wants an explanation of another way to read (written the same, just read differently) the poem, pls PM me.

May be a moot point as NV has already found the treasure I am sure.

Not just yet au-artifax...... not just yet. hehe

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are problems like, what is the correct order. Maybe the correct order is backwards for the clues! Then there is the problem of location. Is Yellowstone the correct area? Then the clue about the warm water is a big problem. I have been to Yellowstone many times and read scientific papers about it. It is in effect a super volcano that will erupt some day so the magma trapped below heats many geysers basins creating many warm water areas which all end somewhere. The big problem is there are many cryptic clues that can be applied to many locations. It's like playing chess using checker pieces. Frank...

This is one of many hot springs near the lodge.
Thanks, Frank. I've been sating, all along, that it is the height of arrogance to indisputably claim to know what the clues mean. And boy, have we seen that arrogance in this thread...in spades. I think the person that finds it will be the person who approaches the search with humility, and open-mindedness, and enjoyment of the search itself...not just the finding of the treasure.
Jim

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks, Frank. I've been sating, all along, that it is the height of arrogance to indisputably claim to know what the clues mean. And boy, have we seen that arrogance in this thread...in spades. I think the person that finds it will be the person who approaches the search with humility, and open-mindedness, and enjoyment of the search itself...not just the finding of the treasure.
Jim

Not sure I understand. Where is does one decide the difference between arrogance and confidence? What is it about human nature that makes our own ideas something we are confident about, buy others' ideas a display of arrogance? I don't get it.

I am sure there were those who felt C. Columbus was just an arrogant a**, but it took his attitudes of confidence, or to some arrogance, to make his discoveries.

And for anyone inclined to bring up Americo Vespucci, same thing goes. Significant discoveries often go against the grain and involves ruffling a few feathers.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure I understand. Where is does one decide the difference between arrogance and confidence? What is it about human nature that makes our own ideas something we are confident about, buy others' ideas a display of arrogance? I don't get it.

I am sure there were those who felt C. Columbus was just an arrogant a**, but it took his attitudes of confidence, or to some arrogance, to make his discoveries.

And for anyone inclined to bring up Americo Vespucci, same thing goes. Significant discoveries often go against the grain and involves ruffling a few feathers.
I have no problem with ruffling a few feathers, but go back and look at some of the posts...you know, the ones claiming that this clue means "THIS", and if you argue, you're stupid. That's plain old arrogance. There's a world of difference between quiet confidence and arrogance. There are hundreds of possible meanings to every clue, and hundreds, if not thousands, of possible things, or places, the clues point to. The only way to know is find the treasure...then, maybe, a person's ideas have merit. Sharing ideas is fine, providing one poster doesn't demand that his ideas are the only ones worth paying attention to.
Jim

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with ruffling a few feathers, but go back and look at some of the posts...you know, the ones claiming that this clue means "THIS", and if you argue, you're stupid. That's plain old arrogance. There's a world of difference between quiet confidence and arrogance. There are hundreds of possible meanings to every clue, and hundreds, if not thousands, of possible things, or places, the clues point to. The only way to know is find the treasure...then, maybe, a person's ideas have merit. Sharing ideas is fine, providing one poster doesn't demand that his ideas are the only ones worth paying attention to.
Jim

Yup. I've said all along the only interpretation worth anything is the one that gets you there. And only one guy has that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread