Forrest Fenn s treasure

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When someone invests time and energy into finding an answer to a clue and suddenly AH-HA. They become emotionally invested in that answer. They feel smart and proud and soon become convinced that it MUST be correct.
Later when it is shown to be a dead end or somebody else must have gotten there first.
Nobodu wants thier AH-HA moment to turn into a HA-HA moment.

Slikrok

Greenie
Jun 4, 2013
Cottonwood, Utah
Detector(s) used
N/A
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no problem with ruffling a few feathers, but go back and look at some of the posts...you know, the ones claiming that this clue means "THIS", and if you argue, you're stupid. That's plain old arrogance. There's a world of difference between quiet confidence and arrogance. There are hundreds of possible meanings to every clue, and hundreds, if not thousands, of possible things, or places, the clues point to. The only way to know is find the treasure...then, maybe, a person's ideas have merit. Sharing ideas is fine, providing one poster doesn't demand that his ideas are the only ones worth paying attention to.
Jim

Very refreshing Jim. Thanks for sharing thoughts many of us would like to state, but passively move on. I am reluctant to bring in an intelligent theorem looking for input, or provide an opinion, just to get pissed off at the arrogance and what I can only describe as teenage testosterone on exhibit here. Humility is a powerful tool in this endeavor. EFF

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very refreshing Jim. Thanks for sharing thoughts many of us would like to state, but passively move on. I am reluctant to bring in an intelligent theorem looking for input, or provide an opinion, just to get pissed off at the arrogance and what I can only describe as teenage testosterone on exhibit here. Humility is a powerful tool in this endeavor. EFF

Hello and good morning. I wanted to pass on some more information I dug up in support of another area that had already gotten some attention. I believe this information would possibly change the search pattern for the area of the Cimarron River area.

I will have to continue this in about an hour though. This is NOT the Dry Cimarron River, but the shorter one in New Mexico only.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alrighty, back again.
This information I will try to make as factual as I can without being opinionated.

To set the general position, which is quite far from one of my other focal points(Yellowstone and Yankee Jim near the Joe Brown launch), this area centers around the NM Cimarron River.

Thinking as if fishing were central in my life, I decided to ditch the road maps and atlas and flip open a New Mexico Fishing Map.

What I initially found was one unique area where the water temps went from no fish to what is discribed as THE best brown trout fisheries in New Mexico.

To relate this to the search, (and the more I thought about it the more it made sense), nobody ever said we had to start at the top and work down. F' started that misdirection in the poem with the word "down".

Fact number one; Springer Lake lies upstream of the Canadian River and both bodies of water are so warm as to not support a very good fishing environment, comparatively speaking. Now, once you get past Springer Lake into the more western part of the Cimarron River, the warm waters halt dramatically to the point where the river is now described as "very chilly".
It is also at this point where the average fish count goes up to between 3,000 and 4,000 catchable "Browns" (proper name given to a species) per mile.

Fact 2; starting at the canyon down, below Cimarron Canyon, we start to see incredible rock faces made of sandstone, capped with a 100ft thick dark brown layer. We are still moving upstream.

Fact 3; although the Cimarron River and Canyon, their names having a specific meaning "untamed and wild", the river itself long ago was called "Le Flecha", (the arrow) (points the way?).

Fact 4; as you keep going upstream you approach the dam near Eagle Nest Lake. It is the biggest privately constructed dam in NM.
his dam also is used to produce hydroelectric energy (heavy loads) with it's (water high).

Fact 5; because the Canyon and dam area is so narrow, and high, the roads stay relatively close to the action. There are many pulloff points and viewing locations. And from on top of the dam, or anywhere along the places up high, if you get woosie from high places, it is no place for the meek (as well as the "untamed and wild" inference with the name Cimarron).

There are a couple more facts, but let me collect them first so it makes sense. They have to do with the end, and looking down.

Hopefully all this is helpful to some.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Fact 6; the Cimarron River and canyon were first surveyed and explored by Joeseph C Brown in 1825 as part of the Sante Fe Trail.

Fact 7; April is when the dam starts releasing more water into the river. In the winter the flow is slowed down to help build up the water supply in the lake. F' said the best time was around April to search.

More later.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Fact number umptysquat; F' has indicated the treasure was safe from flood (among other things). The Cimarron River has a very distinct high-water mark. That is because Eagle Nest Dam is a "flood control" dam for the most part. Yes, the waters are primarily for irrigation and the fishing, but the DAM is for flood control. So, just as one would prospect for gold along the flood levels, F''s treasure would ne just above that, safe from floods.

(Thinking way way into the future as always).

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone add any context to this? I only ask because isn't part of Yellowstone still closed in April or covered with snow?

I'm sure that au-art can. He knows everything.

V

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm sure that au-art can. He knows everything.

V

I have no idea why you would take a jab at me like that. I am not out there crushing other people's' ideas. I am simply passing on more information that frankly I worked my freakin butt off to get. How about you do the same!

And to reply to RCH, you are correct, however the area I was speaking of is in NE New Mexico, Ne of Sante Fe. This area, (and must I REALLY. have to apologize for knowing this Vor?), is smack dab on top of the Sante Fe Trail mapped out by Joseph C Brown. So it is well south of Yellowstone.
F' did make that statement, which to some, who know what Yellowstone is like in April, this might be an indication the treasure lays elsewhere.

And for anyone who thinks factual information is a bad thing at this point, I encourage you to simply block my TN id and you won't have to deal with it. I am not physically going after the treasure, I am not the competition, and will continue to contribute until the treasure is found, and it has not been yet (unless Frank and his thumbs up was my cue that it has been).

Last edited:

Mohave Sam

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I live in AZ and thinking about making a trip to see if I can find this if I can put together what I think is enough credible clues to warrant it. He is alive and has stated that he dosnt expect it to be found anytime soon. He says maybe a 100 or even a 1000 years from now. He also states that no one will just stumble on to it. They will have to really put it together. The mans intelligent and it will be a hard one to find. He also gives from my take on it full transfer of ownership to whoever finds it. I would love to get together with a few people and see if we could find it. I think it could involve a water fall also but he says its in the Rocky Mtns that's one hell of a big mtn range!! and a lot of water falls. Sam

Oh yeah and I am from West Yellowstone Mt originally and highly unlikely its there. Still snow in April and there are not many geysers or other pools any one would put something in. They will burn your body instantly beyond recognition. There are exceptions of course along the Firehole area etc. but I don't think he went that far North although its possible. You can get into parts of the park in April they clear the roads. However due to the legal ramifications of it being a national park I still doubt it would be there.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you Mohave.

jayackam

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I live in AZ and thinking about making a trip to see if I can find this if I can put together what I think is enough credible clues to warrant it. He is alive and has stated that he dosnt expect it to be found anytime soon. He says maybe a 100 or even a 1000 years from now. He also states that no one will just stumble on to it. They will have to really put it together. The mans intelligent and it will be a hard one to find. He also gives from my take on it full transfer of ownership to whoever finds it. I would love to get together with a few people and see if we could find it. I think it could involve a water fall also but he says its in the Rocky Mtns that's one hell of a big mtn range!! and a lot of water falls. Sam

Oh yeah and I am from West Yellowstone Mt originally and highly unlikely its there. Still snow in April and there are not many geysers or other pools any one would put something in. They will burn your body instantly beyond recognition. There are exceptions of course along the Firehole area etc. but I don't think he went that far North although its possible. You can get into parts of the park in April they clear the roads. However due to the legal ramifications of it being a national park I still doubt it would be there.

Here is my guess for the next Fenn's clue:
" It is not placed inside any geysers! "
Oops, now he will have to come up with something different - sorry. Still, you can bank this one.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yaknow sumptin....
I wonder what kinda mess there would be if F' 's next clue was that it is not in the USA, but in the Canadian Rockies. Wow.... Talk about nightmares!!!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know either but I wish I were close enough to search for it too!

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaknow sumptin....
I wonder what kinda mess there would be if F' 's next clue was that it is not in the USA, but in the Canadian Rockies. Wow.... Talk about nightmares!!!

I have nightmares all the time. I wish that I live close enough to search for the treasure, but I live in Connecticut. I have dreams about finding single coins on the ground.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have nightmares all the time. I wish that I live close enough to search for the treasure, but I live in Connecticut. I have dreams about finding single coins on the ground.

BBJ, just curious, but it seems you have made it a point in every one of your posts that you are from Ct and unable to look for the treasure. Is there something you are phishing for?

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for friends in and around Stratford with cars to search parks and beaches,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread