Status
Not open for further replies.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conclusion?

mirror-.jpg

And what do you conclude from all that Frankn?

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fallacy

trap-poletooth_.jpg

The question remains the same Frankn. Just what is your conclusion?
Hint just for you Frankn. I'm setting you up for with a trap. So THINK about it if you plan to respond to this post.

A fallacy is an argument that uses poor reasoning. An argument can be fallacious whether or not its conclusion is true. A fallacy can be either formal or informal. An error that stems from a poor logical form is sometimes called a formal fallacy or simply an invalid argument. An informal fallacy is an error in reasoning that does not originate in improper logical form.[3] Arguments committing informal fallacies may be formally valid, but still fallacious.

Fallacies of presumption fail to prove the conclusion by assuming the conclusion in the proof. Fallacies of weak inference fail to prove the conclusion with insufficient evidence. Fallacies of distraction fail to prove the conclusion with irrelevant evidence, like emotion. Fallacies of ambiguity fail to prove the conclusion due to vagueness in words, phrases, or grammar.

Some fallacies are committed intentionally (to manipulate or persuade by deception), others unintentionally due to carelessness or ignorance.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The thing about traps is you have to set them, and with the proper bait or your pray will fly away. lol Frank...
6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-2.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
life-dance-in-rain.jpg

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."

I am still dancing in the rain with the Butterfly theory exercise. Very interesting at this point in the process. We shall see what we shall see at the end.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
To tell you the truth, I drive the MH to where the storm will hit. I then wait it out and hit the beach as soon as it has died out.
500MH.jpg

The Butterfly Theory, that was a good movie.
51 butterfly.jpg

Oh, by the way, the cat isn't in the box, I just looked.
111-2 the catnapper.jpg

Frank...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
My reading list is full. As I recall, the question was is the cat in the box because if you look in the box you reverse the situation. Quantum is tricky. Frank...

y six toes cat.jpg
How many toes on a cat? Hemmingway had a different answer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Reverse the situation? What are you talking about Frankn? Do you think Quantum mechanics is a Hat Trick?

It's simple. If he is in the box and you look in it, he will be gone. Quantum and String are way back there. I don't even think about them.
Well they claimed to have caught the Higgs in France and even dark material at the Homestake Mine. There's nothing left to find! Frank...
Hay, I know a little bit about a lot of things and a lot about a few things. Work is in the past for me and I am just coasting to the end.
DEATH VALLEY SUNSET 04.jpg

Sharecropper

Feb 27, 2009
This thread has lost all reference to the original subject. Consequently I will unsubscribe. I hope the moderators put an end to it. The verbal battles between Frankn and BeenThereDoneThat2 are just more than I can endure. Good Bye everyone.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chimes_2.jpg
This thread has lost all reference to the original subject. Consequently I will unsubscribe. I hope the moderators put an end to it. The verbal battles between Frankn and BeenThereDoneThat2 are just more than I can endure. Good Bye everyone.

Thanks for chiming in Sharecropper. We needed that wake up call.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen stop the personal war between you or a mod will.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Well Sharecropper, you have been on here since 2009 and made about 23 posts and have had 39 people check you out and you wind up with no friends. Does that tell you something? You come on a thread I started and say you don't like it and would like to see it shut down. I have a message for you. This forum is not set up to specifically cater to your personal likes. There are varied interest here so if you don't like a thread, just don't read it. It's that simple. Frank...
111-1 profileRED.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It was more like pulling a mouse from a trap. lol Frank...
6 06-1 Yellowstone 097-1.jpg

Maybe he expected the Forrest for the trees!

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"From the mouth of a child"

hans_christian_anderson.jpg

"From the mouth of a child". Now where did I hear that, I ask myself as I wander through my playing cards as the ceiling flys away?

An Awakening. The dynamics of this thrill chase game (as related to those interested in the game at all) could be aptly described by the children's fairytale,The Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christon Anderson (1805-1875 Denmark).

Excerpted from the story: Everyone said, loud enough for the others to hear: "Look at the Emperor's new clothes. They're beautiful!"
"What a marvellous train!" "And the colors! The colors of that beautiful fabric! I have never seen anything like it in my life!" They all tried to conceal their disappointment at not being able to see the clothes, and since nobody was willing to admit his own stupidity and incompetence, they all behaved as the two scoundrels had predicted.

A child, however, who had no important job and could only see things as his eyes showed them to him, went up to the carriage."The Emperor is naked," he said.
"Fool!" his father reprimanded, running after him. "Don't talk nonsense!" He grabbed his child and took him away. But the boy's remark, which had been heard by the bystanders, was repeated over and over again until everyone cried:
"The boy is right! The Emperor is naked! It's true!"

The Emperor realized that the people were right but could not admit to that. He though it better to continue the procession under the illusion that anyone who couldn't see his clothes was either stupid or incompetent. And he stood stiffly on his carriage, while behind him a page held his imaginary mantle.

The Emperor's New Clothes

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

"From the mouth of a child". Now where did I hear that, I ask myself as I wander through my playing cards as the ceiling flys away?

An Awakening. The dynamics of this thrill chase game (as related to those interested in the game at all) could be aptly described by the children's fairytale,The Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christon Anderson (1805-1875 Denmark).

Excerpted from the story: Everyone said, loud enough for the others to hear: "Look at the Emperor's new clothes. They're beautiful!"
"What a marvellous train!" "And the colors! The colors of that beautiful fabric! I have never seen anything like it in my life!" They all tried to conceal their disappointment at not being able to see the clothes, and since nobody was willing to admit his own stupidity and incompetence, they all behaved as the two scoundrels had predicted.

A child, however, who had no important job and could only see things as his eyes showed them to him, went up to the carriage."The Emperor is naked," he said.
"Fool!" his father reprimanded, running after him. "Don't talk nonsense!" He grabbed his child and took him away. But the boy's remark, which had been heard by the bystanders, was repeated over and over again until everyone cried:
"The boy is right! The Emperor is naked! It's true!"

The Emperor realized that the people were right but could not admit to that. He though it better to continue the procession under the illusion that anyone who couldn't see his clothes was either stupid or incompetent. And he stood stiffly on his carriage, while behind him a page held his imaginary mantle.

The Emperor's New Clothes

It has been many years since my mommy read that tail to me. I think you just pinned the tale on the Fenn donkey.
"Out of the mouth of babes come words of wisdom" Frank...
AA birds fresco.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions