Fort Huachuca Post Barber Shop Token

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an old token I found in Nogales AZ, along the border. Its from the Army, which was stationed in Nogales throughout the Mexican revolutions of the 1910s and 1920s.

All I know is that it must be rare, because Ive tried to find info on it, like I have for other tokens I have, but couldnt find anything.

Anyway, here it is.
Please let me know if you have any information concerning its value or rarity. I know its age, I think. (Probably from the early 1900s, after Arizona became a state in 1912, but I dont know).

I had trouble getting a good photo. Its in pretty good shape, apart from the little bit of corrosion or whatever that is. The token is aluminum, a little bigger than a quarter. Thanks

DSC01303.jpg DSC01307.jpg

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token find! Try removing your token temporarily from the coin mount if you want to get a better close-up shot. :icon_thumleft:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's all of the Fort Huachuca tokens listed......

Display Token Records - All States

The barber shop tokens are on the next page but they don't have the 35 cent variety.
Quite possible you may have the only example.
Nice one!

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Thats good info. And I think you're right. My token has to be rare. I dont see 35 cent trade tokens very often.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and I think its from the state of Arizona, only because I have a 5 c commissary token from Fort Huachuca that says "A.T." for Arizona Territory, instead of "Ariz.", like this one has.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to be a buzz kill (hope I'm not!) I'm assuming you're down south but try showing it around some of the coin dealers up in Snotsdale and Phoenix, they probably get you an an ID pretty quick. Now for the bad part. There are guys selling replica tokens at the gun shows at the fairgrounds. One gentleman had tables of books & some baskets of tokens.

Seriously show it around the coin dealers! Oh, if he swallows his toothpick & falls off the stool ya done good brother!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread