DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went back to the new permission for the better part of the day.Wasn't finding much for the first half of the hunt.Found a spot I started getting into a few flat buttons,one turned out to have a decent back mark.Later on towards the end of the hunt I walked over a early 1900's coin spill that contained 4 buffaloes 1 wheat,and the find that made my day was the 1917 standing liberty quarter.Not sure about the dates on the nickles yet,they are in pretty rough shape,but the wheat is 1918.Is the quarter the right breast exposed variety?i cant tell. 024.JPG 048.JPG 027.JPG 039.JPG 045.JPG

Upvote 15
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that`s a very good hunt, plus a herd of buffaloes !
Gary
A herd of buffalo's :laughing7:A Parade of standing libertys would have been really sweet.It was one of the funest spills I have been fortunate enough to dig.Not knowing what was coming next on each signal,exspeacialy after the quarter turned up,man I was making some circles.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks I will try it out.i have tryed different solutions in the past,but all the nickles seem to want to turn color on me.Sos pad sounds like a rough way to go,but hey, if it works.I need to get some

Maybe he said a green scrubby but I will text him and find out.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he said a green scrubby but I will text him and find out.
Lol,I was thinking a brillo pad sounded rough.i did have one of those green dish washing scrubbys on hand.It did help bring out more detail,enough to get a date off three of them.If my eyes aren't playing tricks on me,all 3 of them look like all 1918's.I wonder if by chance one could have been that $$18over17$$.They are so rough I will never know.The one that has a little shiny nickel shining through was my test dummy.As you can see I rubbed it a little to hard.But it does works.Thanks for the tip Ahab 024.JPG 026.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread