Gun, Horseshoes, Old Bell, Clad, and More!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the ultra low-tide today.
First hour I found the site of a long forgotten ferry station that was probably in operation around 150 years ago. Was finding horseshoes and little donkey/pony shoes all over the place - some within just inches of each other (note second pic). Among the horse shoes I also found a really neat brass bell that I think dates to the mid 1800's, if anyone knows anything about plz tell.
Also found a neat clay jug top that I think dates to that time period too.
a HS in Situ.jpg a hshoes in sitchu.jpg
a Bell dirty.jpg a Bell clean.jpg
bottle 1.jpg bottle 2.jpg
a Horse shoes Clean.jpg
Later I found spied some clad (just sitting on the surface) and a couple unused shotgun shells - one bird shot round one a slug round.
c z.jpg coins sitchu.jpg
Dime sitchu.jpg SLug.jpg
Then if I hadn't found enough horse shoes for the day I found a "walking horse shoe" aka a Horseshoe Crap. It was tangled in fishing line so I spent the next few minutes freeing him and then release him into the deep water.
hs crab 2.jpg hs crab.jpg
Later I found a sailboat keel sticking out of the mud, maybe there's a boat under there:
Boat Keel.jpg
Lastly I spied the lower receiver to a handgun - it said "XD" on the handle and "Made in Croatia". I wonder if the rest of it is out there?
z Gun sitchu.jpg
Some other junk I saw:
z junk finds.jpg

Upvote 1

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
That receiver would be from current production Springfield XD-series pistol. Crime weapon?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
That receiver would be from current production Springfield XD-series pistol. Crime weapon?

That is what I was thinking as well! Probably field stripped to toss the individual parts some distance from each other! UnderMiner, if you go back, you might want to search a wider area and if at least the barrel is found, turn it into the local Law Enforcement as it may have been used in a murder or other crime. They can't match a bullet from a crime to the rifling unless they have the barrel!!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread