FOUND A FEW BUTTONS AND OH YEAH GOT A FLINTLOCK RIFLE BARREL TOO!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1831.JPG DSCN1832.JPG The day started slow so we hit a old site and it paid off big time! Heres the live dig video too... DSCN1838.JPG DSCN1839.JPG DSCN1841.JPG DSCN1840.JPG DSCN1845.JPG DSCN1844.JPG DSCN1834.JPG

Last edited:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
That is a beautiful button !!!
Always great finds..
And that flintlock must have been for shooting around corners.. LOL

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna have it restored.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
It would be great for shooting around trees, but it might be a little tough to ram a ball down it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fine relics! :occasion14:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool - I've just started to dig the iron out (big iron) from my spots I've hit hard, would like to find an old barrel like that - I would love to know how or why the barrel is bent in that shape, someone use it for a lever, enemy gun the other side didn't want so they destroyed it, reworked for some other field application? Makes you wonder...... and that button looks like it was dropped 5 years ago, nice one!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in the trash pit, it had been burned . Did the heat do it?? Looks like a pry bar would be great to know..

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus is great at finding bent iron. Not so good at finding Keepers....My Impact killed Deus today in the field where all things happen in the real world.... Deus 0... Impact 5.... Silvers that is....LOL at Deus. Deus searched the same patch of ground and lost big time. LOL!!!!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus is great at finding bent iron. Not so good at finding Keepers....My Impact killed Deus today in the field where all things happen in the real world.... Deus 0... Impact 5.... Silvers that is....LOL at Deus. Deus searched the same patch of ground and lost big time. LOL!!!!

You were a lot more palatable and interesting when you were simply posting greetings from CT. Maybe you should stick to your wheelhouse or at least provide some useful info to back up your claims. Or better yet, stick to helping the Impact users because you are doing nothing helpful over here. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hes just mad cause ive been posting test videos of the at pro over on the other forum and the at crowd is ready to lynch me. Trying to enlighten a few , showed thehuntergt video of the 399.00 patriot eating it alive. He borrowed that machine from tnsharpshooter and he don't know how to run a deus. I always like that real world comment it always comes out when you show a test and it reflects negative on their machine....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LET ME CORRECT THE STATEMENT ABOVE he actually bought a impact... don't want to be spreading misinformation around.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MAN THATS A ELLL OF A BUTTON...

Theppgcowboy

Aug 15, 2017
Western Montana
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today I found a 1929s mercury, and another 1943 nickel. DEUS works for me. The mercury was in really good shape. Not to hijack the thread but I hope everyone is successful no matter what they use.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope no hijack here, the Deus is an amazing machine for those that put the time in. Any machine you use 24/7 you will learn its up and downs. The Deus is so configurable that it's a few machines in one, and now with additional HF coils it's a beast in all hunting grounds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were a lot more palatable and interesting when you were simply posting greetings from CT. Maybe you should stick to your wheelhouse or at least provide some useful info to back up your claims. Or better yet, stick to helping the Impact users because you are doing nothing helpful over here. Thanks for sharing.

After running Deus next to Impact there is no comparison. One is made to be fiddly F#@ked with and Impact was made to hunt. I choose the later and the reason I piped in is because of all the hype surrounding the DEUS. Deus is an ok machine but they need to adjust their ID software. Quite frankly it sucks! If you want to hunt next to an Impact with a DEUS you will not find much . If I hunt behind DEUS I will find all you skipped or never saw...Been there done that.....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just happy you're happy now that you got that off your chest. Don't let the Deus "hype" ruin your day, you have a great detector and no need to rain on other people's parade just because they're having a good time with their detector model. l would love to discuss specifics and facts if you want to provide any to back up your claims (for example, Deus is primarily a tone ID machine. That is, the quality of the tones tell the story on the target - so don't really care that much what the target ID display is saying (most of the time). Otherwise, all I can do is wish Happy and Safe hunting to you sir.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh my a deus killer has come out the jungle......

Mike G.

May 4, 2017
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta Impact? isn't that the new Walmart brand detector made by Bounty hunter? I tried one out for a couple of minutes in Isle #5 in sporting goods. Not bad for a first detector or maybe a loner for the grand kids when they visit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread