Found a nice one in Kentucky

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
First hunt of the year. Our better fields were surprisingly not plowed but we managed. Found this flawless Graham Cave-Big Sandy looking point and as you can see it wasn't hard to spot.. Base is ground measures 3". It was nice to get out and walk a field.

Attachments

• IMG_0546_1.jpg
    IMG_0546_1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 551
Upvote 0

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG! :D Awesome find! That material really shines on that dark soil.
Good for you, lostlake :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: .

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the deeper the better. Thats how I found my cache blades. Nice artifacts and thanks for posting.

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
lostlake88 said:
First hunt of the year. Our better fields were surprisingly not plowed but we managed. Found this flawless Graham Cave-Big Sandy looking point and as you can see it wasn't hard to spot.. Base is ground measures 3". It was nice to get out and walk a field.

Definitely worth a few baskets of fruit, nice photos. Killer point! :thumbsup: Voilà.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds and a really nice looking set of fields to hunt. Looks like they have quite a few good rains on them since they are washed down really nicely. That Big Sandy is a sweet point for sure.

Congrats man!!

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Killer one man. It drove me nuts talking to you guys yesterday while you were standing in mud and I was staring at a PC screen. I really like that piece.
Let's get out soon.

Chuck

OP
OP
lostlake88

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
artorius said:
You could get a heart attack, suddenly seeing such a beauty out in the open, just waiting to be picked up.

artorius

I almost didn't post one of the pictures above because it does look like someone tossed it in the field. Ya know the naysayers. I have only found a few where they are sitting up pretty like this one.

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
lostlake88 said:
artorius said:
You could get a heart attack, suddenly seeing such a beauty out in the open, just waiting to be picked up.

artorius

I almost didn't post one of the pictures above because it does look like someone tossed it in the field. Ya know the naysayers. I have only found a few where they are sitting up pretty like this one.

Thats an awesome Insitu!! To heck with the naysayers!! I find'em up top like that quite often. People that would'nt beleive that picture are people that arent out walking fields very much if you ask me.

Great find!!
Twig.

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
Let any naysayers go pound sand. Most anyone who has walked even a moderate number of fields knows that sometimes killer points are found lying right out in the open, as if they were just waiting to jump into the collecting bag.

artorius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread