crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well actually my father did. It was an eyeball find. My father stopped by the other day and gave me a sweet surprise. When he was a young teen on the Smith farm, he found this up in the rafters of the old dairy barn. Now in his 70's and getting up in age, he decided to give it to me since I am the only 1 of 4 brothers living in Ohio. I am going to restore it and hand it down to my son some day. I also love guns. It still works but needs to be cleaned, blued and the stock re- done. It fires short, long and long rifle shells. The last pick is the Family farm from the 20's. Thanks for looking Ron

Picture796.jpg

Picture795.jpg

Picture794.jpg

Picture793.jpg

Picture790.jpg

Picture789.jpg

Picture606-3.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I always loved those old guns especially with the octagon barrels. Used to be able to pick them up pretty cheap off the used rack at the gun shops. They are not so cheap any more! Great gun! :thumbsup:

Steve

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goldiver said:
Sweet! I always loved those old guns especially with the octagon barrels. Used to be able to pick them up pretty cheap off the used rack at the gun shops. They are not so cheap any more! Great gun! :thumbsup:

Steve

Thanks Steve :coffee2:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like you have a great Father Ron....I remeber a friend of my Father's had an old octagon .22 when I was a kid,man were they fun shooting at the time.Thank's for the post and I agree with everyone here,very minor restoration should do you good.Thank's for sharing....very cool plinker :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
civilman1 said:
Sound's like you have a great Father Ron....I remeber a friend of my Father's had an old octagon .22 when I was a kid,man were they fun shooting at the time.Thank's for the post and I agree with everyone here,very minor restoration should do you good.Thank's for sharing....very cool plinker :thumbsup:

Thanks civilman and triple seven. Yes, I hate to say it but you can't take your belongings to the grave. Me and my father are close.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 514
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 516

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
Awesome rifle. That looks exactly like one I had about 20 years ago. I restored mine and put a bunch of rounds through it. It was a really neat little rifle. Problem with mine was the front site was broken, so I never got accuracy out of it. I ended up trading it away.

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Silverseeker said:
Problem with mine was the front site was broken, so I never got accuracy out of it. I ended up trading it away.

simple fix $10 ;D

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting