Found A TN Member and a Token!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The girls and I started out early this morning ,despite the rain and drove about 25 miles north,when we passed a fairgrounds...The girls started yelling"Mama,there is a man detecting!" We couldnt believe it as we never see anyone detecting! So I drove right up to where he had a nice hole started. I jumped out and walked right up and boy...did he look annoyed. Like "who is this nut and what stupid questions is she going to ask!" LOL... I asked him what he had and told him that I had hunted this spot earlier and was just stopping because we never see anyone else detecting. Then asked him if he was with a club and he said ,No..but I am with Treasurenet. I started laughing and said "me too!" . He reached to shake my hand then and said he was Groundfisher. Then I told him I was Gypsy and we both started laughing....
Once he figured out I wasnt some nut ( ::)) he told me about a city wide block in the oldest part of town that had two old houses torn down...plus it was the site of the oldest jail. Yeehaw...I said "lets go!" So I followed him over there ,in which he and Cheyenne prompty whomped me with their finds....They both pulled out wheats within minutes.,while I was busy digging tin and rusty nails. Then I found the Palmolive token and evened the score....until John pulled out an Indian...Old Indian. But I will let him tell about that.
We hunted a couple of hours ,but then the rain started coming down and the girls were hungry. We will both be back to hunt that site before they build the new bank and pave it all over. So it was a great day,I got to hunt and meet a really nice guy and hopefully can hunt with him again. Of course this is my version...hahaha...we will see what his story is!

Attachments

• Discussing the attack.JPG
    Discussing the attack.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 670
  • Groundfisher,Gypsy And Chey.JPG
    Groundfisher,Gypsy And Chey.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 712
  • Palmolive Token.JPG
    Palmolive Token.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 703
Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soap token dropped at old jail site ::)
dare i say ???
i hope not :D

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
nice to see you met a fellow TNEt'er out there. Must have made the day out much more exciting.

HH

Funkman

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, neat surprise!

I've often wondered if I'd meet another TN member out yonder. But I guess that's not likely when ya mostly hunt wooded areas far from good roads and miles from the nearest small village.

Badger

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great looking token, and sounds like a great day as well, Congrats to all!!!
That cosy coil cover does look pretty neat, although not quite for me, it seems to fit her pretty well...
Marc's new product, " A Tnet coil cover? ". ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

R

rvbvetter

With that hair Gypsy I could just see you out on the hood of a sailing ship (don't know my sailing ship parts) in the wind. It'd look good. Looks like you all had a fun time and some nice finds too!! WTG!!! HH

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
I guess I better get my two cents in...or should I say four cents 41,42,and44 wheats and one great lookin 1873 IH.As others here have mentioned ...it sure is a small world out there.I started out on a late morning hunt at the local fairgrounds here which has givin up many nice old coins in the past.I was in the middle of digging a good reading target when I noticed someone driving up toward me on the access road to the grounds.I looked up and saw a lady and two young girls driving by and watching me so I politely waved and went about my buisness.Well it turned out that they were more than just curious on lookers.The lady approached me and struck up a conversation about what I was finding and told me that she had hunted here in the past.So I thought...cool...another detectorist to talk with and not some nut. When she asked if I belonged to a club I told her no but that I was online at TreasureNet.She said that she was to.So much to our surprise we shook hands and introduced ourselves.It was funny because neither one of us could believe that we had met like this. Anyway ...to make a long story short I told her about a site in the oldest part of town where several old houses had been raised to make way for a new bank.also the fact that the first jail in town had been located on this site.After I told her about the old jail she was like ...what are we waiting for ...lets go! In a couple minutes we were there and geared up and ready to hunt.We surveyed the site for a minute and then set out huntin.Gypsy made the first find of a really nice piece of sheet metal ;D and a big old nail.Her and Cheyenne were also finding several pieces of old pottery and glass with old lettering dating to the late 1800's.Cheyenne made the next Wheat cent find just before her batteries died.Gypsy quickly replaced them with spares that she had with.So Cheyenne was back in action once again.Next it was Gypsys turn to come up with the excellent find of the Palmolive soap token.Shortly after I dug the IH it started to rain and Gypsy needed to get the girls some lunch so we called it a day.And what a great day it turned out to be.It was a real pleasure to meet Gypsy and her daughters and I believe we all had a nice time together sharing this great hobby.Now that we're not just names on the TreasureNet we can get together again sometime for a hunt.
It really is a small world. HH! John

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the internet is a wierd place isnt it? you can know someone and not even know it! i would say that that was fate paying you guys a visit, i mean what are the chances?! anyway i think this is very cool story and i hope that you guys can get out to hunt again sometime. nice digs on the indian and the wheats!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks everyone for the nice replies! I sure hope I can meet more of you guys out hunting. I always hunt alone with the girls,so it was really fun hunting with someone else.Since John didnt post his Indian here ,I will for him. Its so shiny because I spit on it ! Hahahaha...

Attachments

• Johns Indian.JPG
    Johns Indian.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 311

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a nice token you found.

It's a small world. It's pretty cool he said he was from tnet. The more hunters the better the chances are of finding sites.

HH Jer

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
And a great spit shine it is! Thanks for posting the IH. I just recently purchased a digital camera and I did take some pics but couldn't get them up even with the help of my daughter.I really do need to get some practice in so I can get my pictures posted.
Thanks again Gypsy.You did a nice job on the pics from the hunt.I must say I was surprised though because I didn't even know we were being photographed.
groundfisher

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its like playing cards !!! You wake up each day and never know what hand of cards you will have for that day...............But things happen sometimes for a reason ! Surprise , Surprise !........Glad to see you all had a wonderful time and found some nice finds! :) When I first met Mona Lisa , we had a great time out detecting and talking about this crazy hobby that so many of us TN Members just love to do..........so, I to am looking forward to hunting once again with Lisa and meeting more of the TN members someday !!!! ;) Nice !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions