Found A TN Member and a Token!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The girls and I started out early this morning ,despite the rain and drove about 25 miles north,when we passed a fairgrounds...The girls started yelling"Mama,there is a man detecting!" We couldnt believe it as we never see anyone detecting! So I drove right up to where he had a nice hole started. I jumped out and walked right up and boy...did he look annoyed. Like "who is this nut and what stupid questions is she going to ask!" LOL... I asked him what he had and told him that I had hunted this spot earlier and was just stopping because we never see anyone else detecting. Then asked him if he was with a club and he said ,No..but I am with Treasurenet. I started laughing and said "me too!" . He reached to shake my hand then and said he was Groundfisher. Then I told him I was Gypsy and we both started laughing....
Once he figured out I wasnt some nut ( ::)) he told me about a city wide block in the oldest part of town that had two old houses torn down...plus it was the site of the oldest jail. Yeehaw...I said "lets go!" So I followed him over there ,in which he and Cheyenne prompty whomped me with their finds....They both pulled out wheats within minutes.,while I was busy digging tin and rusty nails. Then I found the Palmolive token and evened the score....until John pulled out an Indian...Old Indian. But I will let him tell about that.
We hunted a couple of hours ,but then the rain started coming down and the girls were hungry. We will both be back to hunt that site before they build the new bank and pave it all over. So it was a great day,I got to hunt and meet a really nice guy and hopefully can hunt with him again. Of course this is my version...hahaha...we will see what his story is!

Attachments

• Discussing the attack.JPG
    Discussing the attack.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 670
  • Groundfisher,Gypsy And Chey.JPG
    Groundfisher,Gypsy And Chey.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 712
  • Palmolive Token.JPG
    Palmolive Token.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 703
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy,

This is just awesome...what a surprising day for you!! ;D

Neat token too.

;) RR

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's too wierd Gypsy.....How many time's did you look over at each other and snicker!!!Very nice token and story....Congrat's and HH!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sounds like a great day, and the bonus too
meeting Groundfisher! Cool.
Great to see you girl!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool find Gypsy! Seems in good condition. How neat to find a treasurenet member. Keep hitting that spot. HH Burdie

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That is very cool- meeting Groundfisher. Small world as they say. :)

Token is neat.

Cheyenne, that your daughter? What detector does she use?

Mirage

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Looks and sounds like an awesome day Gypsy.I think Groundfisher is a lucky man to have had the opportunity to hunt with the likes of you and Cheyenne.....Joe

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi gypsy,congrats on your token,i have never seen a square one before.very interesting. :o :o :o.Sounds like all had a great day.

h.h tinpan

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Nice find and lucky you running across a good fellow not some weirdo. I dunno what I'd do if I ever saw anyone detecting around here-it just doesn't happen.

Cheers,

Jesse

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome that you found a huntin buddy today...and even better that he was a family member. ;D
Congrats on your token!!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread