Found an 18K diamond ring & lost my head!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an 18K diamond ring & lost my head!!!

Well folks, this is by far my best find so far. Yesterday, while hunting at the old farm with Ridley, I dug up this beautiful 18K White Gold and Diamond ring about 2" down.
It is a ladies ring with 7 diamonds (originally). Unfortunately, one small diamond is missing on the side, so there are only 6 right now. I dug up all the dirt in and around the hole, and brought it home with me. I will be sifting through that now to hopefully find the 7th diamond. The rind looks to be somewhat old and custom designed. Inside it is stamped "18K Jabel". I googled the name Jabel, and sure enough this company that was started in 1916 is still in business today! Here's the link: http://www.jabel.com/welcome.html
I will be contacting them to see if they can give me more info on the age of the ring & hopefully it's value. Ya-hoooooooooooooo!!!!!
This one really made my day. I actually beat Ridley to a ring!!! The funny thing is, I have been through this same part of the yard a few times before, and only found a few clad coins.
I use an older entry level Tesoro machine (two knobs & 1 toggle), and it never lets me down.
By the way, the headless toy soldier I dug up too yesterday.
Thanks for looking.
-MM-
P.S. Ridley tried to offer me his two Tootsietoys for the ring, but I told him it would take at least three. ;D

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 3,149
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 3,187
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,056
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 3,108
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,136
  • MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 3,054
  • MVC-021S.JPG
    MVC-021S.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 3,138
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an 18K diamond ring - ***UPDATE***

Well, I had the ring I found a few weeks ago appraised by a local jeweler who sells Jabel brand rings. It is about .3 carats total weight , 18k white gold , from the late 1930's- early 40's, and fantastic condition for the age. He said as-is, with the one small missing diamond, it is worth $500. He said he would be happy to replace the missing diamond for $65.
At first I was going to sell the ring to buy a new detector, but have decided on a better use for the money I get from selling it.
My Father (in Indiana) who is retired, has for years now taken in injured cats & dogs that no one wants. He has about 60 cats, and 4 dogs right now. With the costs of food, vet bills, and electricity (heaters in the winter / fans in the summer) it is eating him alive.
I figure since the ring cost me nothing, it would be a good gesture to help out the old man.
Besides, my current Tesoro seems to be doing just fine.

Thanks,
MM

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Re: Found an 18K diamond ring & lost my head!!!

If my transmission had not have gone out I would gladly have given you the $300 for this one. I think it is about as pretty as they come. Truly a beauty of a find!
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread