57.9 KB · Views: 12,896
  • BCC 2 042.jpg
    BCC 2 042.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 13,196
Upvote 3

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
Wow. Lots of people with pretty strong opinions on this. I for one hope he crushes it and posts pics of the crushed rock so i can laugh at all the tears that will be spilled here. Heres an idea, find your own rock and do as YOU please with it. I think that is the only satifactory outcome here.

Whatever money he makes on it I hope he enjoys it. One day before he found that rock, it was worth nothing and none of you even knew it existed....

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
tapoutking said:
Wow. Lots of people with pretty strong opinions on this. I for one hope he crushes it and posts pics of the crushed rock so i can laugh at all the tears that will be spilled here. Heres an idea, find your own rock and do as YOU please with it. I think that is the only satifactory outcome here.

Whatever money he makes on it I hope he enjoys it. One day before he found that rock, it was worth nothing and none of you even knew it existed....

I stand firm in my statement that I believe the rock would be best used by cementing it into the interior wall of a mausoleum.
The mausoleum of the dead horse a few keep kicking RIP o silent rock

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Is that in Arizona? My sons and I found one like that and it wieghed over 100 lbs. How do I get the gold out? We are headed back spring break . Great find!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrandy said:
WOW ! Is that in Arizona? My sons and I found one like that and it wieghed over 100 lbs. How do I get the gold out? We are headed back spring break . Great find!
100 lb stone is Best used by cementing it into the interior wall of a mausoleum. This is the popular trend today.

U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
jrandy said:
100 lb stone is Best used by cementing it into the interior wall of a mausoleum. This is the popular trend today.

lol, 100 lbs ??? Dawg, a 100 lb stone deserves a lil more respect

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
jrandy said:

How about a tombstone ::)

U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2000 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
jrandy said:

:smileinbox: thanks for bein the tnet jester. i can always count on you :icon_jokercolor:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2000 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
jrandy said:

:smileinbox: thanks for bein the tnet jester. i can always count on you :icon_jokercolor:
also a Ghost town in AZ.. Reminds me of a ghost story about a rock of gold that vanishes :o no one hears about it ever again. :tongue3:

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
plehbah said:
tapoutking said:

I stand firm in my statement that I believe the rock would be best used by cementing it into the interior wall of a mausoleum.

I like that idea! If I had the money, I would pay him to take it out on a boat halfway out to Catalina and drop it overboard....... and film it of course.

Lithophylic

Greenie
Mar 10, 2010
Alabama
Most Impressive.

Have you thought about treating it with hydrofluoric Acid? The acid will take the silicates but expose the gold within. You might try finding a collector and see how they would treat it before cutting into the piece as the cut may affect the value of the item.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lithophylic said:
Most Impressive.

Have you thought about treating it with hydrofluoric Acid? The acid will take the silicates but expose the gold within. You might try finding a collector and see how they would treat it before cutting into the piece as the cut may affect the value of the item.

Thread is over 6 Weeks old, they have already divided up the gold....

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do it like this!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,yes it is!!!! ;D

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
dan b. - just wondering if you have gotten out lately??
We are looking for another banner find from you and your crew.

HHTA
Neal s.

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this thread was posted almost 2 years ago but being new here I just read it. I'm also pretty new at prospecting. But I have a question about this "rock". Throughout the thread people said it was worth more whole than it was for the spot value of the gold. Therefore it seems to me that if the rock was sold to the highest bidder as a whole piece *and then* the money was split evenly between the group everyone would get a bigger cut. Why devalue it by crushing it when y'all are going to get less money for it?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rock, its the fine gold?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread