Found last week ?

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 723052 View attachment 723053 View attachment 723054 View attachment 723055

We were out for the new year rolling around the Dale mining district, we like to take the trail out over the old Amigo placer on route to my grandmothers memorial on top of the Pintos.
This was our discovery on the amigo placer camp, not good, this spot is about a mile from the park. This is what will get our lands taken away.
I dont know what organizations our currently using this claim and i dont have time to find out. Its the old amigo placer, dale district riverside county.
I do have the credit card reciept and a buissness card left on the scene.

Come on guys and gals this is where i make a living and i would not like to loose my american privalge to freely collect minerals where ever i like ( on open land )

And lets not forget that our freedom has been payed for in the past and presently with the blood of many americans. lets respect them and keep this great country clean
after all they gave freely. the least we can do is keep it clean.

We cleaned your mess up it wasnt pleasant you might think its funny but it will be the end of free prospecting, if it keeps up.
I hope the folks who left this, get to see this mess
Thats why i put the pictures on this site. I feel its up to all of us to do some extra and take some extra out with you when you leave, Even if you get skunked

Good Luck n Happy Hunting Cpt Herb n Crew

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Kudos to you your family for picking up the trash that some moron who didn't have the decencey to haul out, what they hauled in...:thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be stereotypical,but it is an epidemic I see with Mexicans.........dont take that wrong,I am just stating fact,I dont know if its a heritage thing with them or what.Again not saying its secluded to them either,just stating what I have personally witnessed and heard from LEO's as well

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Father has always tought me to leave an area better then when I came to it, I wish everyone would keep to this simple yet important rule.

Thank you for having the same good morals as our Family does. :)

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time we saw this same kind of stuff just as they were driving away - we grabbed most of it and followed them almost to town. They stopped and went
into a mini-mart and we drove up and dumped it back in their vehicle - REVENGE!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One time we saw this same kind of stuff just as they were driving away - we grabbed most of it and followed them almost to town. They stopped and went
into a mini-mart and we drove up and dumped it back in their vehicle - REVENGE!

Revenge or mandatory responsibility? Either way--they had to take responsibility for their irresponsible behavior. Your solution seems to fit the needs of justice.

All the best,

Lanny

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I have run accross this while hunting and going to our claims. Some times we come home with more trash than venison or gold. Good job GT.

B H Prospector

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My son and I have run accross this while hunting and going to our claims. Some times we come home with more trash than venison or gold. Good job GT.

B H Prospector

I just found the like button.
Trade some ore for venison, thats a commodity we arent blessed with here in this part of the desert. We do have mnt goat, I think youd have to be mighty hungry to enjoy one of those guys.
snake would taste better.
good luck n happy hunting Cpt Herb.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One thing that really helps us as prospectors with the Wardens and Officers out there is that they know we pack our own and others trash out with us.
There have been a couple times when me and my Father had our stuff searched and they found old rotted trash in our packs and thanked us for picking it up and bringing it out with us. They know what it is when they see it.

Its a good thing all around. :)

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the East Fork of the San Gabriel , there used to periodic cleanups [called canyon sweeps] done by the prospectors. After a busy weekend it would be amazing how much crap would get pickup , only to return to its same condition within a week or two. By picking up after those swine we just trained them . Thats why you can't drink the agua in mexico!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found the like button.
Trade some ore for venison, thats a commodity we arent blessed with here in this part of the desert. We do have mnt goat, I think youd have to be mighty hungry to enjoy one of those guys.
snake would taste better.
good luck n happy hunting Cpt Herb.

pretty sure you mean Mtn Sheep....and actually they are the best table fare there is to be had!Pretty sure the ones down your way are on the endangered species list so ya better be REAL hungry

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peoples ignorance is unbelieveable.. I am a hunter and a fisherman and new to the detecting hobby.. I see this all the time in hunting and fishing.. I always carry a plastic bag because it never fails I can always fill it up with discarded soda bottles or fishing line or other trash items.. People that get caught littering like this in my opinion should lose their right to use public or state game lands.. It makes me sick to think that these same people are using the same resources that I look out for, and show no respect for the land the wildlife or the other sportsman who use the same land... I applaud you for being the bigger person and cleaning this mess up.. You are the reason that the people who respect these areas still have some respect in return...

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty sure you mean Mtn Sheep....and actually they are the best table fare there is to be had!Pretty sure the ones down your way are on the endangered species list so ya better be REAL hungry

They are more like goats than you think. and you ouhgta see what this endangerd species is doing to our desert barrel cactus, and chapparal yucca. its sad to see what they have done to plants that take somtimes 50 years to grow. and they love the baby plants best, I give it 20 years and there will be large areas void of there cactus or natuaral veg matter due only to this species.
Areas that these types of plants only grow, you cant see them any where else.

We see this damage every day we are out and whos counting these guys anyways? from the looks of the grazing damage they are doing, And the amount of trails they have out there. theres no goat shortage or goat counter.
we actually use their trails to traverse the mnt quicker.

I could go on all day about these guys, yes they are nice to look at, but endangered hmmm. I will see if i can get pics if you want to see damage.

Cpt Herb.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are more like goats than you think. and you ouhgta see what this endangerd species is doing to our desert barrel cactus, and chapparal yucca. its sad to see what they have done to plants that take somtimes 50 years to grow. and they love the baby plants best, I give it 20 years and there will be large areas void of there cactus or natuaral veg matter due only to this species.
Areas that these types of plants only grow, you cant see them any where else.

We see this damage every day we are out and whos counting these guys anyways? from the looks of the grazing damage they are doing, And the amount of trails they have out there. theres no goat shortage or goat counter.
we actually use their trails to traverse the mnt quicker.

I could go on all day about these guys, yes they are nice to look at, but endangered hmmm. I will see if i can get pics if you want to see damage.

Cpt Herb.

Well....yea,but they are not Goats...they are sheep,pretty HUGE difference!
I am fully aware of them and there numbers.....I worked Mtn Lion Depredation on them for a time.Glad to hear that there populations are rebounding.Eating plants is what they do (I dont beleive they are endangered but Threatened....just because you see them,which may seem like a great many,does not mean the population is doing well.I have personally seen Lung worm and pneumonia wipe out an entire herd in just months....wipe out!!)

663_1_o1a2144_bighorn_sheep_yellowstone_national_park_zps3dbb9b8d.jpg

mountain_goat_1_5609_travel_alberta_zpsa4fa517e.jpg

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent Four Seasons in Denali National Park Ak. Thats a Dall Sheep in the bottom pic most visitors to the park only see them as a white speck on the side of a mountain...the fella that took that pic. had a very powerful lens on his camera gauranteed....I have seen them a little closer than most and on some crazy ridges from inside a Cessna. Kuger Have you heard of Charles Sheldon? or read his book " The Wilderness of The Southwest " Its about his time working for U.S Beureau of Biological Survey and five expeditions he took into the Deserts of Arizona and Sonora Mexico using Natives as guides...Its written from his Diaries....Truely amazing accounts.I grew up in Riverside County...and explored a lot from 14 to 18 prospecting, Ghost town hunting, rock hounding, just trying to have an adventure of my own... By the time i was 17 I decided I should write a book called " Amazing Natural And Historical California Places F@#$ed up by Its a$$h@le population"....and from the pics i see above though 18 years later I see i could still write that book!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent Four Seasons in Denali National Park Ak. Thats a Dall Sheep in the bottom pic most visitors to the park only see them as a white speck on the side of a mountain...the fella that took that pic. had a very powerful lens on his camera gauranteed....I have seen them a little closer than most and on some crazy ridges from inside a Cessna. Kuger Have you heard of Charles Sheldon? or read his book " The Wilderness of The Southwest " Its about his time working for U.S Beureau of Biological Survey and five expeditions he took into the Deserts of Arizona and Sonora Mexico using Natives as guides...Its written from his Diaries....Truely amazing accounts.I grew up in Riverside County...and explored a lot from 14 to 18 prospecting, Ghost town hunting, rock hounding, just trying to have an adventure of my own... By the time i was 17 I decided I should write a book called " Amazing Natural And Historical California Places F@#$ed up by Its a$$h@le population"....and from the pics i see above though 18 years later I see i could still write that book!

Pville my friend.....that is a Mountain Goat in the bottom picture!I guided hunts for them and used to take non beleivers to watch Golden Eagles knock the kids off cliffs....they belong to the Goat Family
I will post a Dall sheep.....the Sheep family
dall-sheep1_zpsc9b3972d.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doh!!!!!Thanks Kuger I thought it was a young female... didn't realize it was a comparison thought you were posting both of our "sheep" they arent that similar though especilly in the horns should have been the first thing I noticed. Don't they share some Habitat in the Canadian Rockies and parts of Alaska? I havn't looked at one for a while your picture just got mr reminiscin' my bad...you didnt answer my question though....about Charles Sheldon

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that eating plants is what they do, i also know that they are sheep.
but think about this, cactus is the main diet of desert tortoise in times of no moisture,
it can go without rain long enough here for the grasses not to grow a couple years running.

That means that tortoise only has the cactus to rely on, so whats the old man of the desert to eat after spending 8 months under ground.
And thats his only means of acuiring a drink after that long nap.

Im not against the bighorn they are a very beutifull creature,

Im just looking at the big picture. NO cactus no tortoise no big horn no cats its the snow ball effect.

Cpt Herb.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doh!!!!!Thanks Kuger I thought it was a young female... didn't realize it was a comparison thought you were posting both of our "sheep" they arent that similar though especilly in the horns should have been the first thing I noticed. Don't they share some Habitat in the Canadian Rockies and parts of Alaska? I havn't looked at one for a while your picture just got mr reminiscin' my bad...you didnt answer my question though....about Charles Sheldon

:thumbsup: I have not read that book,sounds extremely interesting though!!I will have to look it up.One of my all time favorite Alaska books stories is "Into the Wilderness",by Dick Pernake!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that eating plants is what they do, i also know that they are sheep.
but think about this, cactus is the main diet of desert tortoise in times of no moisture,
it can go without rain long enough here for the grasses not to grow a couple years running.

That means that tortoise only has the cactus to rely on, so whats the old man of the desert to eat after spending 8 months under ground.
And thats his only means of acuiring a drink after that long nap.

Im not against the bighorn they are a very beutifull creature,

Im just looking at the big picture. NO cactus no tortoise no big horn no cats its the snow ball effect.

Cpt Herb.

....have to talk to the Gov. about that one amigo....they dont operate on "whats best",but $$$$$,who has it,how can we get it?! :thumbsup:

...kind of like the "wild",horses which are not even remotly "wild",stock(the Gov. has been turning loose Pedigree studs for eons)the damage they do,and the feed they consume effects the native wildlife and fauna as well....in a VERY bad way........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread