Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got my Daughter through her Collage issues. Worked some extra hours sold some stuff scraped scratched plus 15 percent Military discount. Ive had the AT MAX and its a great Machine, period!!!!!! I like the 800 the multi frequency.I know its suggested to use the preset modes to learn but the machine seems pretty easy to learn as far as setting some tone and pitch sounds sensitivity adjustments and I do like the reject button it works very well on pop tops Im mostly a coin shooter. There arent alot of historic battles ect fought here, I sacrifice some jewelry but I want to dial in my coin program. I gotta say its a great machine. I have posted my WM08 module and wireless headphones in the classified for a great price Im a Grey Ghost headphone die hard.....Thanks everyone for all the support and PMs this is my Tnet Family. Im back now!!!! I just gotta find some Silver. Tommy I did find alot of coinage in an area I thought I hunted out so Im pumped. Ill tell ya one thing this machine can reach down to the middle of the earth and grab a piece of iron out of Satins hands ......deep on iron!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 39

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tommy, you are going to Love that machine. It Lovesss Round things. Lock on and load your pockets buddy!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad You're Back In The Hunt Tommy!

Kace

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prepare to dig deep. Cant tell you how many things I have found over 10" deep with the 800. Congrats on the new machine, now get digging!
Im ready to dig deep I have been impressed so far!!!!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your new detector Tommy. I know I like my 800, and I'm still using the pre-sets. I have found some excellent old coins, and big silvers with it already (last Fall) and dont even have a need to change the settings for now.
Thanks my Friend for now I just tweak the sensitivity a wee bit and do some rejects on pop tops Im coin hunting for now I want to learn those sounds. I know there are 5 tones so Im trying to set those to coin range and leave the iron and aluminum foil the first 2 to a low tone...and the 3rd to a little higher 4th higher and 5th high. I have been checking my settings against the preset to see if its a little better so I can have a good coin profile. I like Mugsy so far!!!!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tommy, I've been a Grey Ghost fan myself, have three pairs, and I wanted the 800 just so I could use them with the WM08, but I'll be honest by saying that I used the WM08 twice, I have never had "wireless" headphones before, now, I never leave home without them, (with the detector of course) but just having that option is a nice thing to have for choice. I know you've been an AT fan, I have the Pro myself, but I tell ya, this 800 combines my X-Terra 70, Safari and AT into just one machine. When you can, I would REALLY recommend the 6" coil. Love using that thing in many places.
That 6 inch coil is great had one with my AT Pro Ive figured out how to get some adapters to make the AT Pro headphones work on my 800 thanks to vferrari but nit involves 2 adapters.I have been in touch with a guy at kellyco who used to work in the repair section who might be willing to put just the one connection on my grey ghost to go into the 800. I have the adapter which was 15 bucks so I thought it would be no problem to cut the 1/8 plug that goes into the 800 and the at pro end and just put the connecter on I even called some stereo repair shops they dont do it. I didnt want to pay 160.00 for max grey ghost head phones . Ill keep you posted

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you would sit idle for long congrats on your new machine was also looking to purchase an 800 but my wife lost her job at the beginning of the year and we are struggling it’s the worst
Thanks you are a good person I hopoe things work out for you believe me I know all about struggling but it always works out in the end. Thanks Tommy

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear your back Tom, I was ready to send you my F2 and 3 coils just so you could keep swinging. I thought you were a die hard Garrett guy??? Good luck on the dark side, I bet you'll dig plenty of silvers with your new machine.

Bryan1776

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my MX Sport 1 1/2 years ago, its hard for me to jump ship yet, but saying that a few weeks ago I almost pulled the trigger on the 800 myself. I have a lot of Hilton points and could get it for nothing. but decided to stick with the Sport, its done me fine so far and still learning it. Like just today I pulled my first seated dime almost 9 inch's down, pictures when I get back home! Looking forward to see what you find with it!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear your back Tom, I was ready to send you my F2 and 3 coils just so you could keep swinging. I thought you were a die hard Garrett guy??? Good luck on the dark side, I bet you'll dig plenty of silvers with your new machine.
Thanks Kevin I was really moved by all the offers from tnetters in that regard this is a great bunch of people on this site a big Family I think we are all very much alike..... Thanks again I still will stand by the Garrett AT series those are some great machines easy to use deep alot of the key is getting the coil over a good target.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won’t regret it
Thanks it seems to make it more challenging like starting over at all my spots to see .. HH Tommy

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my MX Sport 1 1/2 years ago, its hard for me to jump ship yet, but saying that a few weeks ago I almost pulled the trigger on the 800 myself. I have a lot of Hilton points and could get it for nothing. but decided to stick with the Sport, its done me fine so far and still learning it. Like just today I pulled my first seated dime almost 9 inch's down, pictures when I get back home! Looking forward to see what you find with it!
Thanks congrats on the seated. This Hobby is about having fun and the machine we use is only part of it its like having a hunting partner I would rather have one I know and enjoy being with than Well you get the point . How do Hilton points work for detecting stuff purchases ?? I know with the Military discount the 800 is 764.15 no tax out the door........

WorkingDawg

Greenie
Apr 7, 2013
Central Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro, M6, and Carrot pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the new friend! My detector for the last 10 years was an AT Pro. I broke down and bought the 800 last week with the discount as well. I've been amazed how quiet it is on the FL saltwater beaches. My AT Pro was always so chatty on them, but awesome everywhere else. Can't wait to try it locally when I get back to Central Michigan. The only downfall for me is that once the wife tries it, I think she will be looking to upgrade from her old trusty Whites M6... Good luck and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread