Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings!

The sun came out today and the snow has been melting, so I ran out for a few hours and headed back to the "Spoon Graveyard."

My last two trips there haven't been as productive (last hunt's highlights were another nice crotal bell and a pair of ornate old sugar tongs); now that I've pounded it a bunch of times I'm going to have to really slow down and grid it out from this point forward. However, today I did manage to snag this neat old badge or token -- it seems silver plated, and is for the "Crescent Club" of Brooklyn, NY. I did some research and found it was an athletic club that operated in Brooklyn from the late 1800s through the 1950s. If anyone can give me a clearer dating (and any insight as to the ram design) please let me know. It's about the size of a half-dollar. Pretty cool little find.

Enjoy!

Cheers and HH,
Brendan

Attachments

• Crescent Club Both.jpg
    Crescent Club Both.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 649
  • Crescent Club Card2.jpg
    Crescent Club Card2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 646
  • Crescent Club Card4.jpg
    Crescent Club Card4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 644
  • Crescent Club Card3.jpg
    Crescent Club Card3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 659
  • Crescent Club Card.jpg
    Crescent Club Card.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 637
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Brendan M.

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, WyattRR, Lockman434, ModernMiner, and Jarman. Glad you "dig" it. What's funny is I was kinda disappointed when I first dug it -- judging by the shape/size/metal of it, for a second there I thought I had pirate silver! ;D Well that would've been nice, but I love this find too. What's funny is it was pretty shallow -- maybe just an inch or two down, mostly covered by decaying leaves. It was also right next to a little spot strewn with little metal pieces of some old container or something, which all ring in the nickel range, so I'm sure I've swung over the token before and probably didn't hear it amid the trash. I'm really glad this time it ended up in my pouch!

ModernMiner -- thanks for the info on fobs. That's interesting to hear. It could be one for sure; I've found other old pocketwatch pieces in several spots at this site. Cool!

Thanks again and take care.

Cheers and HH,
Brendan

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I love tokens. I found my first last weekend but it is not as cool as yours!

HH,
Pepper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread