Found some rings in the park

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
These are my latest ring finds. Found one today, one yesterday and one a few weeks back. This makes 16 rings for about 160 hours of hunting city park sports fields. So it seems to me a goal of one ring per 10 hours seems to be an attainable, sustainable goal.

Now granted these rings are nothing special in terms of monetary value, they are important to me as rings are what I mostly enjoy hunting for. Eventually I hope to find some nicer ones, but I?m happy with these.

Attachments

• 3rings.jpg
    3rings.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice rings - yes, even if not special.

Do you did a lot of pull tabs & junk looking for them? Do you "bother" with the clad?

Bob

OP
OP
caratjuice

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Yes Mirage, I dig the quarters and dimes as silver rings ring in similar to them. I also dig pennies, as they come in at so many different signals. I try to concentrate on nickel signals as they are similar to gold. And yes I dig up a lot of those pesky pull tabs.

A

agbonanza

WTG!!! caratjuice...great finds in my book...wished I could find some...perhaps one day............ :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Yep,, Nice stack of rings,,, WTG!!!
Thay all look good when ya stick' em in a display case... ;D
I dig a lot of foil, & nickle signals, but still don't find a whole lot of rings, Mostly foil, nickles...lol
But I'll keep dig'n,,,
Good lcuk & Happy hunting~

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congratulations Caratjuice. What's the ground like at the park? Hard? Soft? Sandy? The parks we have here are hard packed clay covered in grass. Sometimes it is nearly impossible to penetrate. How far down did you find your rings? Just curious ::)

Happy Hunting,

Moon

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
caratjuice

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Moonshadow, I find most rings to be only about an inch or two deep. The soil in the parks here is very rich, and this time of year nice and moist. The plugs dig out easy and replace back nicely. I don't know why, but it's the pull tabs that are buried the deepest and still give a strong signal.

T

THC

Try the water

If you have any kind of beach on a lake, river, creek, ocean, etc. be sure to check it out! You WILL find rings in there at a regular basis and they tend to be at least nice silver. I've switched from parks to the water and there is no comparrison. Happy Hunting!

kcommandos

Oct 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
whites classic idx
nice rings looks old may be 1940s or older.take somewhere have them checked out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread