Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 480
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my gf is Korean American and I ran the art about 5 gallon buckets with chopped up trout and she wasn't too cool with me making it in the house. I told her I needed fish oil and she recommended fish sauce. It's made from fermented minnows overseas so I'm pretty sure oil and sauce are two in the same. Now when I told her I was gonna order a whole bunch she was ok with it simply because she eats it.

So I'm gonna try it out. Let's see if fish sauce and queen sized sheets will pull gold out of the Weber River!
How do you intend to get the gold if any out of the queen size sheets?:dontknow:
You do realize the size of gold that is being discussed here don't you?
You do realize your not going to be able to just wash it out don't you?
You do realize what ..... Oh never mind.......:BangHead:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh... "WE" turned this thread into a laughing stock?..that's rich..

shoot..lock it up.. it was a joke to begin with..
Advise you heed the warnings given, our rules apply to all forums. If you find a thread isn't to your liking and can't follow our rules on posting, don't re-enter thread.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a cool experiment. Two thoughts:
1. The 300 count sheet should be fine since you're coating it with oil. That will pretty well close the pores in the sheet to where stuff will get caught.
2. Check on whether gold covered in oil will amalgamate...i doubt it since the Merc needs a clean gold surface to bind with. You may need to rethink the recovery strategy.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Oil spoils mercury and stops it from absorbing gold not that I think that you are serious about using it or fish sauce.

KCM johndoe reptwar & anyone else interested in getting lots of superfine gold get a subscription at ICMJ and read about how to do it.

Recovering Fine Gold with Oleophilic Adhesion - ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

You can also search for grease table used to capture diamonds. It also captures gold!

https://www.google.com/search?q=dia...ndroid-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it appears to me someone has . I'm not naming names but a few of the posts seem to simply be
jokes. I'm not putting down people with a sense of humor either.
I'm just making a statement by what I read at one point.

again I'm not putting down a sense of humor,
and I didn't threaten to ban anyone, if that is how you took my comments.
I simply felt a note to calm down was needed and all of a sudden you people are
upset :o Jeeese !

As a moderator, you should be be able to see that there is a difference between people that regularly post valid info and people that create accounts with the intention of deceiving people to create drama, and you should have the backs of the real accounts with good intentions one would think. Its your forum to police and if you decide to allow this behavior for reasons unknown, some are starting to wonder what your/the forums intentions are and if they wish to support such a place. I myself wish it didnt have to come down to this, no threats just trying to shed some light on why there is this sense of backlash.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forum rules you were supposed to read and agree to when you signed up.

TreasureNet - Rules

additional

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

if you disagree with these and can't follow them, then perhaps you don't belong :dontknow:

just saying .

I'm pretty Easy to get along with. But only to a Point 8-)
reach that point, there won't be a warning.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
As far a the fish sauce goes.... Maybe Mercury is out of the question. Well I googled oil stain removal and found a site showing 14 ways to remove oil stains from fabric. I'm glad my gf turned me on to fish sauce cause fish oil or petroleum jelly would probably made this part really difficult. One of my ex gf's put Vaseline on my wind shield wipers on Christmas Eve and the next day it smeared my window. Someone on Facebook shared a post how boiling hot water takes of ice so I figured two birds right? Wrong!!!!

You didn't! ....Did you?!?!? You put boiling hot water on an ice-covered windshield? LOL How was THAT drive to work?? :laughing7:

Dallas, you raise an interesting point about coating sheets. At the moment, I'm at a total loss as to how you would effectively and efficiently remove the gold from the sheets, without simply burning them and panning the ashes. Gold that fine is going to hide in the fabric. Even if you wash the sheet, how can the gold escape if the sheet is wadded up? Yes, you may be loosening the gold, but the sheet (I would think) would still be holding much of your target.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a bit more on oleophillic adhesion .....
Just because something is outside your area and experience doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Process for recovering minerals and metals by oleophilic adhesion
Yes this is a bit more elaborate than smearing grease or vaseline on a slick plate but it is essentially the same principle.
Here is a link that covers many different recovery methodologies..... At the end of the article is a recovery method called agglomeration , similar principles apply.
https://www.911metallurgist.com/blog/gold-extraction-recovery-processes
Oleophillic adhesion does work. Perhaps not the way some are visualizing it but it does work...and to quote a phrase.... "Nuff said"

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You didn't! ....Did you?!?!? You put boiling hot water on an ice-covered windshield? LOL How was THAT drive to work?? :laughing7:

Dallas, you raise an interesting point about coating sheets. At the moment, I'm at a total loss as to how you would effectively and efficiently remove the gold from the sheets, without simply burning them and panning the ashes. Gold that fine is going to hide in the fabric. Even if you wash the sheet, how can the gold escape if the sheet is wadded up? Yes, you may be loosening the gold, but the sheet (I would think) would still be holding much of your target.
The oil/grease/crisco can be cleaned by solvent, by washing with hot water, by heating, by roasting or burning to remove the oil and leave the gold.

If you use crisco you can make candles. The candle will burn off the crisco and leave the gold.

Palmolive Dish soap and hot water will also emulsify the oil. You can then filter thru a filter.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please no...we need you. If someone is making you nuts, just "ignore" them and you won't see their posts anymore :)

But others will Kevin..it doesn't make sense to allow newbies to read this stuff and believe it is an actual way to recover values....watching the mods look the other way when long standing members who actually help,get talked down to and insulted is just too much.

I expect more for the members here

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to think I was going to set up a sponsoring vendor account now that my prospecting shop is up an running....these threads keep popping up real posters like me get harrassed by chlsbrns the mods don't do anything about it even though there is a easy to see pattern....

then finding jeffofpa and chrlsbrns in the comments on the sepa site talking about tnet....Jeff even saying the reputation needs to be fixed or something becuase thats how he makes money......chrlsbrns telling people they are stupid for thinking he is the same chlsbrns on tnet...like theres more than one please...

I will not give a dime to tnet now....you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for letting this happen to members like myself that have been here this long and are actually here to help other people...and I have.

your rules are so important that you ignore facts and enable grown adult men to pretend they are women and try to play weird games with people on line.

I realize this is most likely gonna get me kicked off of the site now.But, the ignore button does not create integrity moderators are supposed to do that instead you guys are either part of the game or don't care that real decent posters are being messed with. Shame on you.

Ill be contacting several of you here. So we can be in contact many of you already know how to be in touch...Goodbye!!!!! chlsbrns the lying dude from Pennsylvania wins

read and be amazed before the mods erase, embolden and perpetuate

https://sepaman.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/the-lunatic-is-in-my-head/comment-page-1/#comments

rediculous.

and too bad tnet has potential to be a great site too bad the mods are caught up in this crap

Goldwasher I can assure you I have never posted on the sepa site & because of that I wouldn't trust that any name there is accurate. The site is too Stupid for me to even read.

You can also ask Admin. I am not paid to be here. Mods are strictly Voluntary.

and no I Do not intend to Delete it as it has no Advertising and is completely Fake. I have nothing to Hide !

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher I can assure you I have never posted on the sepa site & because of that I wouldn't trust that any name there is accurate. The site is too Stupid for me to even read.

You can also ask Admin. I am not paid to be here. Mods are strictly Voluntary.

and no I Do not intend to Delete it as it has no Advertising and is completely Fake. I have nothing to Hide !

neither do I Jeff that doesn't mean you guys can't actually do something about it....the wrong members are being treated the wrong way here...and the bad actors are terribly obvious

if the coincidence that the sepa site has members with your name and chlsbrns and discussions about these threads isn't smelly like fish oil to you....then well there's nothing I can do.

other than let you know numerous people here are quite fed up and it has made me decide to not be a sponsor.

I wish the mods took members here as seriously as some members take this site...who are actually here to share and help...not make up stories and bait people into insulting conversations.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
But others will Kevin..it doesn't make sense to allow newbies to read this stuff and believe it is an actual way to recover values....

So you're saying the "fish oil" idea has no merit? Sorry - haven't been able to follow along so well, what with all the distractions and all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But others will Kevin..it doesn't make sense to allow newbies to read this stuff and believe it is an actual way to recover values....watching the mods look the other way when long standing members who actually help,get talked down to and insulted is just too much.

I expect more for the members here

Goldwasher. I don't pretend to be a Gold Prospector.
I also don't pretend to know what is a real process, a interesting idea or simply B.S.
being perpetrated out of Sarcasm or other.

I am only trying to see that everyone is given equal rights here.

If your saying these people in this thread are all perpetrating a hoax,
it is against the rules & the thread would be locked Or deleted.
probably just locked till it's off the first page,
then deleted.
However if these people actually believe and have tried these methods.
They have the right to discuss.

No I am not going to take sides.

But we are here for all to read, discuss & Hopefully Learn.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neither do I Jeff that doesn't mean you guys can't actually do something about it....the wrong members are being treated the wrong way here...and the bad actors are terribly obvious

if the coincidence that the sepa site has members with your name and chlsbrns and discussions about these threads isn't smelly like fish oil to you....then well there's nothing I can do.

other than let you know numerous people here are quite fed up and it has made me decide to not be a sponsor.

I wish the mods took members here as seriously as some members take this site...who are actually here to share and help...not make up stories and bait people into insulting conversations.

all I can tell you is Sepa has been Banned
from here for Perpetrating a Treasure Hoax on our members.

and the Sepa site appeared shortly after.
I was advised of it, But I unfortunately don't own the Internet :(

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I have posted pics and articles from mining journals, science studies and books but there are still a few who do not get it.

The method has been used as far back as the late 1800's. We have recovered a whole lot of superfine gold using the method. Mining isn't a hobby for us. We mine for a living and every speck matters.

The method can also be used on a miller table to recover gold that a uncoated miller table would not capture.

Here is a very old article...

https://books.google.com/books?id=d...AEIWDAR#v=onepage&q=grease table gold&f=false

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted pics and articles from mining journals, science studies and books but there are still a few who do not get it. The method has been used as far back as the late 1800's. We have recovered a whole lot of superfine gold using the method. The method can also be used on a miller table to recover gold that a uncoated miller table would not capture. Here is a very old article...

https://books.google.com/books?id=d...AEIWDAR#v=onepage&q=grease table gold&f=false

I find it interesting that you do not defend or dispute any claims that have been made towards your authenticity as the person you claim to be and or having or not having affiliation with sepa. That in itself is more creditable than any fish oil rant.

This is what we are referring to Jeff, its like the giant elephant in the room that is ignored which makes people wonder why? Add that to the posts on the sepa site and its hard to not feel like this creditable place to share your ideas with REAL people that truly share your experiences and ideas in a wholesome environment is even what it is meant to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread