Found Yesturday But Waited Untill I Had It Varified To Post

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning I headed to a park where I knew there would be a lot of clad finds, only to get there and find some one beat me to it. Seems like they had their detector set to reject pull tabs and nickels. That didn't bother me because I was after the gold rings that might be there. All the signals I got were pull tabs, shredded aluminium, and nickels. I had to empty my pouch once because of all the junkque, but that was OK. I found 18 nickels, a couple ofdollars in clad they missed, and a really nice gold cross that weighs just under an ounce. . All I can say is thank you for not wanting to go through the effort of really looking, and being too lazy to dig the lower signals where the valuables hide. At least the park is cleaner and safer then when I left. This was one of my better nickel days, and I left with a smile on my face.Here is what you loose if you notch out pull tabs and nickels. Took it to a jeweler this morning and the results were, it came in a few penny weights under an ounce, and tested at 22+K gold. The tester only went to 22K. Sure may dig a lot of extra trash at those lowere freqs, but the rewards make up for it.

Attachments

• cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,239
  • cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
If you don't dig the trash, you don't get the... Solid gold crosses!

NICE ONE!!!!! Jackpot!

Congratulations!

Ridley

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey piggman congratulations - that is one GREAT find !!!!

vp

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Piggman!
Awesome Find! Awesome story!

I've searched high and low for a detector that will work on nickels knowing that is the secret for finding gold. Like you, I've dug a lot of pulltabs and really haven't been rewarded. But, the day is surely to come! Come on day!!!

GRB

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I bought a thin gold chain, and gave the cross to my Mother.

R

RUDY2003

Out-frickin-standing piggy. Thats one real nice cross......
Super find....

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
That is one nice cross you found there...and the giving of it to your mother even nicer.
Best of luck on your hunts!

~Nash~

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope the chain is not too thin or you will be out with the detector looking for it again. lol

Great job...Congrats.

NJ

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22+K is an excellent find!!! The majority of gold jewelry lost I'm sure is 10K, 14K and some 18K, but yours is definitely a special find!

Nice job!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22K! Wow.That's about as good as it gets for jewelry.That may be an antique since it isn't marked and the gold content is so high.Nice find for sure.

steve m

Jan 3, 2007
Portland, OR.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites XL Pro, Compass x80, Garrett 1350
Wow, and wow! Nice cross! That paid for your detector huh? I too dig most all good signals. I nailed a nice gold bracelet a couple of weeks ago. But you sure dig a lot of caps and tabs! Have to empty out my pouch a couple of times when out.
Nice and congrats on the great find!
Send in a picture to whites and maybe you will get a 200 dollar gift certificate if they publish it on their site.
Steve///

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread