Found Yesturday But Waited Untill I Had It Varified To Post

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning I headed to a park where I knew there would be a lot of clad finds, only to get there and find some one beat me to it. Seems like they had their detector set to reject pull tabs and nickels. That didn't bother me because I was after the gold rings that might be there. All the signals I got were pull tabs, shredded aluminium, and nickels. I had to empty my pouch once because of all the junkque, but that was OK. I found 18 nickels, a couple ofdollars in clad they missed, and a really nice gold cross that weighs just under an ounce. . All I can say is thank you for not wanting to go through the effort of really looking, and being too lazy to dig the lower signals where the valuables hide. At least the park is cleaner and safer then when I left. This was one of my better nickel days, and I left with a smile on my face.Here is what you loose if you notch out pull tabs and nickels. Took it to a jeweler this morning and the results were, it came in a few penny weights under an ounce, and tested at 22+K gold. The tester only went to 22K. Sure may dig a lot of extra trash at those lowere freqs, but the rewards make up for it.

Attachments

• cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,239
  • cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
incredible find ! and i think its just awesome you gave it to your mom ;) congrats piggman ;D

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Piggman way to go. It took me a few years to stop being lazy, but the rewards made it worth the work. If you want the gold, you have to dig the tabs...Nice cross.

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Nice find pigmann!!! You have got too be one of the luckiest person.. ,on finding the good stuff!! Anytime you post ,i just gotta read it :o ....were do you buy ring detectors at? lol

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a purdy find, PM! 8) Congrats!!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions