Found Yesturday But Waited Untill I Had It Varified To Post

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning I headed to a park where I knew there would be a lot of clad finds, only to get there and find some one beat me to it. Seems like they had their detector set to reject pull tabs and nickels. That didn't bother me because I was after the gold rings that might be there. All the signals I got were pull tabs, shredded aluminium, and nickels. I had to empty my pouch once because of all the junkque, but that was OK. I found 18 nickels, a couple ofdollars in clad they missed, and a really nice gold cross that weighs just under an ounce. . All I can say is thank you for not wanting to go through the effort of really looking, and being too lazy to dig the lower signals where the valuables hide. At least the park is cleaner and safer then when I left. This was one of my better nickel days, and I left with a smile on my face.Here is what you loose if you notch out pull tabs and nickels. Took it to a jeweler this morning and the results were, it came in a few penny weights under an ounce, and tested at 22+K gold. The tester only went to 22K. Sure may dig a lot of extra trash at those lowere freqs, but the rewards make up for it.

Attachments

• cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,239
  • cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Awesome,WTG!!

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
The look and tears in her eyes was worth more than money could buy, PRICELESS!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy..WTG piggman!

Nat

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Outstanding! I have to admit, I have been one of those lazy people and don't dig the trash, I better rethink that process, LOL! Congradulations!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Piggman! I knew you would be into the gold any day now, way to dig. Sweet cross. A little better than a silver ring, huh? ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning find. That's so sweet of you to give to your mother.

;) RR

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really nice looking Cross, Congratulations. Nice find

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
This is truely the best find of my year. It made a lot of people happy, but I'm a ring junkie....and I still need my fix! Thanks for all the great comments, you are all so great, I had to share it with you. Just remember, in the trash lies the treasures. It's alot of work, but no one said it would be easy. I have a 5 gallon bucket with nothing but pull tabs and shredded aluminium cans to show for this prize.

James in Alabama

Jun 27, 2007
Lincoln, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series
piggman1 said:
This morning I headed to a park where I knew there would be a lot of clad finds, only to get there and find some one beat me to it. Seems like they had their detector set to reject pull tabs and nickels. That didn't bother me because I was after the gold rings that might be there. All the signals I got were pull tabs, shredded aluminium, and nickels. I had to empty my pouch once because of all the junkque, but that was OK. I found 18 nickels, a couple ofdollars in clad they missed, and a really nice gold cross that weighs just under an ounce. . All I can say is thank you for not wanting to go through the effort of really looking, and being too lazy to dig the lower signals where the valuables hide. At least the park is cleaner and safer then when I left. This was one of my better nickel days, and I left with a smile on my face.Here is what you loose if you notch out pull tabs and nickels. Took it to a jeweler this morning and the results were, it came in a few penny weights under an ounce, and tested at 22+K gold. The tester only went to 22K. Sure may dig a lot of extra trash at those lowere freqs, but the rewards make up for it.

WTG piggman ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread