Four hour hunt in Wyoming

Dude ,it just blows me away how much you are finding up there. We used to hunt all day just for one bullet.lol Good stuff.

Great finds!!! Hope you feel better so you can go "git" some more real soon. Good luck.

Another awesome hunt Papa Bear....congrats! I hear you about the time frame you like to find things.....but like you say, you got to dig them!! I do love the 1st two groups as well, WTG!!!

IM

Papa Bear those are some amazing finds.....not to mention the other stuff you have found lately.:icon_thumleft:

That's a great hunt PB!!! Good luck getting rid of that cold as they are hard to shake in hot weather. HH, Quindy.

???

Last edited:
Nice martingale, they are tough to dig. Thanks for sharing. My finds are mostly from Western Camps and Forts as well.
-Evan

very cool finds. I'm assuming 1870's?

Another successful hunt from you PB! Your results are surely worth the effort! Great stuff there!

Hey Papa Bear,

Is that a heart shaped martingale in the first picture? Nice find.

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

When I saw the first photo, I knew this would be a great post to read. That is a fantastic martingale and sword drag. Hope you feel better soon, and post some more great finds. Thanks for a wonderful post!

Cheers,

Buckles

Thats still a GOOD Haul!

WTG PB... I attempted to hunt some western forts when last on vacation out west in 1995. I did research in Washington and had some locations noted for Military Posts in Wy.Terr.. Did some searching down around San Antonio, Tx; then, Durango, Co.. Finding some old bottles at the latter as well as a few on the outskirts of Cripple Creek. I was prepared to head north for WYOMING when the wife became ill. Having three young children with me, had to end the vacation and head back east. Drove straight thru from Colo. Springs to Cinncinnati, for the wife to recoup at her families home; thence, back home to Florida a few days later. We were supposed to make a second attempt at Wy and S.D. a year or two later but never did make it. However, I did deteremine the site of the 1859 Capt. Pemberton post near Spirit Lake, Iowa. It was on the highest elev. on the east side of the lake, smack dab under a modern church and school. Great Banner finds--Look for my post some 1850's shoulder eppaulettes I dug in Florida after year 2000.

Very nice relics. :thumbsup: Congrats and hope you feel 100% soon.

HH

???

Last edited:
WTG PB... I attempted to hunt some western forts when last on vacation out west in 1995. I did research in Washington and had some locations noted for Military Posts in Wy.Terr.. Did some searching down around San Antonio, Tx; then, Durango, Co.. Finding some old bottles at the latter as well as a few on the outskirts of Cripple Creek. I was prepared to head north for WYOMING when the wife became ill. Having three young children with me, had to end the vacation and head back east. Drove straight thru from Colo. Springs to Cinncinnati, for the wife to recoup at her families home; thence, back home to Florida a few days later. We were supposed to make a second attempt at Wy and S.D. a year or two later but never did make it. However, I did deteremine the site of the 1859 Capt. Pemberton post near Spirit Lake, Iowa. It was on the highest elev. on the east side of the lake, smack dab under a modern church and school. Great Banner finds--Look for my post some 1850's shoulder eppaulettes I dug in Florida after year 2000.

I shall look them up. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back