From the DFX to the MXT Pro?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its got different options from the original dfx not just the coil

ForumRunner_20130813_180909.png

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Odd they would put it in print but not on the web. No?
I guess they have their reasoning.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh I never checked web for it, that is kinda weird in there newest catalog it goes like v3i,vx3,mxt pro,mxt,dfx 300,and so on

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its got different options from the original dfx not just the coil

View attachment 844836
Nope...no difference. Check on White's forum...you'll get the definitive answer from the White's techs. The internals are identical. The only thing I see on that pic you posted is it comes with a rechargeable battery pack, which has no effect on performance.
Go here: showard (post #7) works for Whites, and is a super moderator on the forum:
http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?67143-DFX-year-made
Jim

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Odd they would put it in print but not on the web. No?
I guess they have their reasoning.
According to the guys on White's website, the DFX is no longer made, but there are still some "new in the box units" at various dealers. Apparently there was quite a run on them when Whites announced they were no longer going to be manufactured.
Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup ur right for some reason I dont know i thought there was more,and now that im thinking of it most likley I read both descriptions for both seperatly but for those who would like proof on what a couple whites machines have for options dfx300,dfx,xlt, mxt 300,mxt,m6
Hope it helps some people hh
dfx300_chart.jpg

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got back home and got out my latest White's catalog, printed January 2013. There is no mention of a DFX anywhere in the catalog. The cover shows three detectors: the Spectra V3i on top, the Coin Master GT center, and the MXT Pro at the bottom.
I imagine you have an older catalog.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i got both of them I was mainly just given info on the dfx 300

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never owned the MXT Pro but have owned the DFX and MXT. Both great examples of why White's are popular. I personally prefer the DFX over the MXT but it would be real close between the DFX and MXT Pro. I love the tone ID of the DFX the MXT didn't have. I think I would still choose the DFX over the MXT Pro.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never owned the MXT Pro but have owned the DFX and MXT. Both great examples of why White's are popular. I personally prefer the DFX over the MXT but it would be real close between the DFX and MXT Pro. I love the tone ID of the DFX the MXT didn't have. I think I would still choose the DFX over the MXT Pro.
I think the MXT's have a bit of an edge when it comes to prospecting...they share some of their circuitry with the GMT, which is a terrific gold finder. I've read that in some places the MXT is the detector of choice for prospecting.
Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More then the v3i prospecting? Just curious is all

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup ur right for some reason I dont know i thought there was more,and now that im thinking of it most likley I read both descriptions for both seperatly but for those who would like proof on what a couple whites machines have for options dfx300,dfx,xlt, mxt 300,mxt,m6
Hope it helps some people hh
View attachment 845080
When they change model numbers, it's a natural thought to assume there is some sort of upgrade. MANY people have made that mistake about the two DFX models...that's why the question has been asked numerous times on the White's website. Ain't a big deal in any case. The DFX is a great unit. I've really enjoyed using mine, and it solved a heavy trash problem I had at a couple of locales..at one of which it found me my best coin...an 1891 Seated Liberty dime that was dropped in a ranch house at an old ranch that ran in the latter 1800's, and is no longer there. The buildings burned down many years ago, and the site has lots of nails. The DFX "saw" right thru that junk. If I was only going to have one detector, it might be the MXT Pro...but, if I could chose, I'd have what I have...the GMT for prospecting,
and the DFX for the rest.
Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya whites is great I definetly enjoy the crazy crazy amount of options my v3i offers & with all extras I got make it pretty hard to beat out there in the feild

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More then the v3i prospecting? Just curious is all
I would think the V3i would be dynamite at the 22khz freq....assuming that freq is all that is transmitted. There is some engineering dispute about multi-freq machines and gold prospecting. As I understand the problem, when you transmit multiple freq's into an object, there is only so much signal strength given back...maybe less at one particular freq, compared to when only a single freq is transmitted. With the DFX both freq's are transmitted all the time...you can chose to listen to both, or either, but both are transmitted. That may lessen the sensitivity to smaller targets. Many DFX users say it isn't a good prospecting machine. If my understanding of the V3i is right, you can chose a single freq....and, that's the only one transmitted, which would be an improvement in my opinion over the DFX for prospecting. I think you can also chose, with the V3i, to transmit, and listen to, all 3 freq., which would give a great benefit in trashy areas, for coins and relics...probably better than the DFX., due to the 3rd freq.
Jim
PS...I could be wrong about all this, too. It's just how I understand it....I don't own a V3i.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the frequency things ur saying it does I like it & its my big dog lol if my deus & atpro cant do it I know the v3i will

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't use a V3i here because of our thin topsoil, relatively recent establishment of cities/towns, and low precipitation...all that adds up to coins not being very deep. Only a few inches in most cases. More important to have a solid machine that deals with lots of iron trash well. So, no sense spending the bucks for the V3i.
Jim

OP
OP
R

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to stick with the DFX now that I know what I'm doing. It's pretty badass. Maybe I'll upgrade in a couple years, but for now, I'm having fun with my DFX.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrates its s great machine really keep on using it more practice better finds gonna be ull know what to look & hear for

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like finding a great coin, just wanna brag, I bought my dfx for 400 bucks! About 5 or 6 yrs ago and I'm not lookin for another machine anytime soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions