Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a lot like Fords and Chevys, some like it and some don't. It's a great value for a discriminating detector that is fully waterproof. It's good for relics, coins and jewelry and has good depth with ground balance capabilities, target ID, depth indication, and iron audio. We still have a few of the Adventure Packages left -it has some great accessories that will save you money.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is a good detector and it's biggest advantage is that it's submersible to 10 feet. I used one for a while that a friend let me use and I liked it okay. I found out very quickly that you really needed to use a tone first type of detecting because the TID was not accurate at depth. Not saying that the detector is not capable of finding deep targets because it is but just saying that in my opinion the TID is not the best. I also found the weight of the detector to seem heavier than it really was due to bad balancing. As far as good things about it, I found the stock coil does a great job at target separation and that you can really use the nose of the coil to dig in and pull some good targets out of the trash. I liked to hunt in Pro zero with a the iron audio up so you can hear everything. The people at Garrett can't be beat as far as customer service goes. They are extremely nice folks that will help any way they can. I live about an hour away from them and have taken my Propointer over for repair a couple of times. They took good care of me. I think you will like the machine even though I belief it was over hyped as the do all end all detector which it's definitely not. It's a very capable machine in the hands of someone that knows it and has experience with it.

OP
OP
teammajic

teammajic

Feb 16, 2013
My biggest thing is ground balance does it have to be ground balanced every little bit?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the easiest machine I've ever ground balanced.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it true that it's not good in ocean water? ?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
teammajic

teammajic

Feb 16, 2013
I guiss i have got hooked on my tosoro cebola by just gettingnout of the truck and hunting but i believe im gonna get me a garrett at and give it a try thanks.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000

I heard it's good in ocean water. It's the AT Gold that's not good in salt water. I don't live near the ocean so I'm getting the AT Gold.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

The AT Gold ground balance will not balance salt and is not suitable for salt beach detecting. It will work in the dry sand.
The AT Pro will balance salt water sand and is ok in the surf but can still be a bit noisy at times. This is a very versatile detector.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your replies. ..I have the ace 250 and want to step up..I live near ocean but also do land hunting. ..I also don't want to dig a posthole. .lol!
The ocean around me is not warm so would not be going way out...I had read quite a few posts from those who felt AT gave too much chatter in the water...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my pro and all the features it has. The iron audio is great once you learn it.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The good is the ATP is probably the best detector in that price range, the bad is you don't own one and they ugly is you will be really upset if you don't buy one.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT-Pro is a great unit for the price, adding the 5X8 coil ad's new demission's for hard hunted areas and woods hunting.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great reviews! :)

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned my AT Pro for over 2 years now and without a doubt, it is my go to detector! For me the simplicity cannot be beat. That is what makes this detector so great. Yes just like any other detector you buy there is a learning curve but the AT Pro is not difficult to learn. I suppose the only down side is the lack of volume control if you are not using headphones. So if you do buy headphones to use with the AT Pro, make sure they have a volume control! Plus the AT Pro does not have a back light either but to be honest, that does not bother me at all. I rarely detect in the dark. If I did, I would use my LED headlamp.

Bottom line, you cannot beat the AT Pro for the price and ease of use.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[QUOTE Thunderchild [/QUOTE]

Great vid Glenn. :thumbsup:
Remember that 20' Copperhead I had to wrestle to the ground and pull his fangs out before I beat him over the head with my Vaquero? :tongue3:

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The good is the ATP is probably the best detector in that price range, the bad is you don't own one and they ugly is you will be really upset if you don't buy one.

Best post here! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions