Gasses put off by Reverse Electrolysis?

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
Does anyone know exactly what is put off by RE? And how toxic it is? All of my research has pointed to the fact that they are pretty inert, although could be irritating.

I ask because my scuba compressor is now located in a room with one of my RE systems. I have been turning the RE off and leaving the door open and hour before filling, but that is wasting a lot of Air Conditioning.

Good to know an answer to this FOR SURE anyway.

Rich

Photo: A visitor to our site yesterday.

Attachments

• DSC06374ccS.jpg
    DSC06374ccS.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 207
F

Floater

Hey Rich, I would be a little concerned about keeping my equipment in the same room as the Electrolysis unit. The Hydrogensulfide can be irritating and depending on what you are working on can produce some corrosive gasses. This is not good for the Resperators or any equipment. Try and Isolate this electrolysis area and keep the fresh air around it.Dont keep it in the same air conditioned Space you are in or your Equipment. If it has to be secured because your artifacts are valuable then figure out some other method or room. Good Luck. HH

PS. Besides your solutions the objects themselves can release unknown gasses too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread