Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RGINN said:
Old post, but I just saw it. You weren't there that long, so water really wasn't a life threatening concern. However, I thought it was a great narrative and felt like I was right there with you.
Thanks. Just one thing I wanted to add. I left at 5 AM walked/crawled 10 miles in and 10 miles back to reach my truck just before dark.. I dont know if it was life threatening or not... but one thing I know for sure... I was NOT going to walk back 10 miles in the hot sun without water. I can barely walk that distance properly prepared. Too many things can go wrong and nobody knew I was out there. Its a lesson in overconfidence. Things could have got ugly real fast. I would never have attempted that trip in a desert without sufficient water. Just sayin...

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Those snakes have got to go...
The law states that they are to be killed on site in the National Parks.. They can not be captured or transported live. Kill them and dump them to the gators.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO those iguanas are very good eating. they are vegetarians. I have eaten many of them in southern Mexico in the past. The meat is white and has the usual chicken like taste. A 3 -4 footer will give enough meat for two hungry guys. Bon appetite'

Don Jose de la Mancha

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HIO those iguanas are very good eating. they are vegetarians. I have eaten many of them in southern Mexico in the past. The meat is white and has the usual chicken like taste. A 3 -4 footer will give enough meat for two hungry guys. Bon appetite'

Don Jose de la Mancha
I have heard they are very good. They are all over town but I never see them in the Everglades and I dont know why. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread