New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long hot day for me, no water hunting, back to land! lol I went at day break up around Bucks County to scout a piece of woods for Vino and I. Last night I treated my clothes in permethion bug spray so as not to get ticks and chiggers, I knew I was going deep woods. I spent about a hour and a half hunting in there not finding what I was looking for (can't say too much) on the group photos the stuff with the trap was all I found there. George told me he couldn't hunt and that I should go down to Phila to the Meeting House and hunt there (nice having friends with connections like that. That place is a dream hunt!) So I hunted three and a half hours there with many breaks for water and rest. I'm starting to get my digging muscles back, lol.
Enjoy the pix
HH and GL everyone
Brad
I'm claiming its a 1749 George II Halfpenny

Attachments

• SAM_0534.JPG
    SAM_0534.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 116
  • SAM_0535.JPG
    SAM_0535.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 123
  • SAM_0545.JPG
    SAM_0545.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 138
  • SAM_0552.JPG
    SAM_0552.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 130
  • SAM_0555.JPG
    SAM_0555.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20140713_113832.jpg
    IMG_20140713_113832.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Upvote 8

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item with the purple stone/glass is a fob watch winder, but I guess you knew that?

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item with the purple stone/glass is a fob watch winder, but I guess you knew that?
No I didn't know that, thank you for that info, very interesting.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
busy guy, very cool finds

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I didn't know that, thank you for that info, very interesting.

I'm not great at dating them, but late 19th C seems right. The main thing is that it's in good order, & in our fields a find like that is a bonus.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
busy guy, very cool finds
Another busy day planned for tomorrow, I love this stuff. Thanks for the comment.

I'm not great at dating them, but late 19th C seems right. The main thing is that it's in good order, & in our fields a find like that is a bonus.
It amazes me that these things that have been sitting in the ground for over 200 years are in half decent shape? What really amazes me are how old allot of your finds and the shape they are in. They are all great saves as far as I'm concerned. Thank you also for your replies.

great_find.gif
Nice Brad! Thanks for sharing...
Thank you sir!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Brad...It cleaned up well...You definitely put the work in today and it payed off....Love the watch fob key...Will have to put that in the box for them...

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Brad...It cleaned up well...You definitely put the work in today and it payed off....Love the watch fob key...Will have to put that in the box for them...
Thanks, it will look good in there.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! Kudos on heading out in the woods this time of year. I can deal with the skeeters and ticks, but a good dose of chiggers is a miserable time. Copperheads, Cottonmouths and Canebrakes seem to be immune to deet based repellants! I think I'll wait till cooler weather to hit the woods! Seriously, congrats on an awesome hunt.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff buddy. I hiked about. 2 hours today thru swamps and thick woods. Found one unidentified copper. Looks like it has some sort of tree on it or something but I'm prob just seeing things. Good on ya bud for gettin out there and gettin the goods. I'm going back to treasure island next weekend where I found my first Spanish silver and seated dime and gun barrel. Maybe I can retire after next weekend. :-)

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, Mr.b I tried to say out of any tall stuff, and when in it my coil was leading the way, better it then me. I knew this particular area is someones deer hunting area, I probably won't see the woods again until bow season, the scariest thing then are a pack of coyotes! I was looking today, you must have been reading my mind.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff buddy. I hiked about. 2 hours today thru swamps and thick woods. Found one unidentified copper. Looks like it has some sort of tree on it or something but I'm prob just seeing things. Good on ya bud for gettin out there and gettin the goods. I'm going back to treasure island next weekend where I found my first Spanish silver and seated dime and gun barrel. Maybe I can retire after next weekend. :-)

I'd like to hunt in the water around your island, that silver still be in good shape! Thanks bud,I didn't get to tell the story about yesterday's hunt that started in Ocean City, NJ that ended with me having an allergic reaction to breakfast on the drive down. They took me off the beach on a quad, ha, four hours later I was back in the water at the lake at home finding elephant rings.haaaaaaaaaa, can't keep a good man down.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to hunt in the water around your island, that silver still be in good shape! Thanks bud,I didn't get to tell the story about yesterday's hunt that started in Ocean City, NJ that ended with me having an allergic reaction to breakfast on the drive
Ha I'm waiting patiently to hear about my sick friend :-) you got an id on my new copper coin. I'd really like to know what it is. I hate finding coppers that I can't identify

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, reread my post above I had to use my phone and hit the send button with my sausage fingers

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa that sucks bud. But I love that you made a strong comeback. Some of us are just sick! I waded thru the thickest nastiest swamp you've ever seen before because I wanted to see what was on the other side. One ugly ass copper. That's what was on the other side

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha I'm waiting patiently to hear about my sick friend :-) you got an id on my new copper coin. I'd really like to know what it is. I hate finding coppers that I can't identify

I have five of those UFOs,I found them in five different fields. Fertilizer is not nice to copper.I have been taking my last two from where I found them and could not even tell what they were home to a hot peroxide bath following a vigorous toothpicking, then oil. They were like magic seeing them appear from the grud

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hit this with hp. It came from very close to the water and unfortunately doesn't look to be one that will show much as it's been eaten away pretty good. It's posted do maybe someone can see something. I swear I see a tree or something. Let me know what you see if anything

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you sure that isn't a young head 1734? Nice finds, Treb. Looks like someone forgot a trap in their line.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread