Germany Finds (Part 1) German Nazi cross first find of the year

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Hope everyone is doing well.
I still digging away at the base here in Germany. The year got of to a good start. The German military cross was the first item dug in 2008 (on New Year's Day). The local parade field is now only giving up deep targets, making me really calibrate the programs.

GOOD STUFF:
German cross, other side has 1939 on it
Some wheat pennies and 1942 nickel
Old pocket knife (French)
Engraved handle for something
Belgian coin (modern)
Bavarian Infantry button
and other stuff

HH

Attachments

• Jan 2008 1.jpg
    Jan 2008 1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Jan 2008.jpg
    Jan 2008.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,138
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Man -O-Man i love that knife. Wanna sell it/ If so pm me.
Joe
Ps everything posted is awesome.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
88, What a grand way to start the new year off. I'd trade places with you in a heart beat if I could! HH

Buck: I'm with you man. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth the way ex-friends and the people of this country treated us when we came home from the Nam.

Desertfox
1/12 Cav 1st Cav Div 1966-67
1/7 Cav 1st Cav Div 1969

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and very interesting HH

t.p

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Thats one of the badges I am really interested in: it was issued in 1934 to commemorate a convention ot the HItler youth.

Attachments

• Bild.jpg
    Bild.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 712

whitesPA

Jul 6, 2005
nice find on the german cross i was stationed in baumholder germany in 1970 ---to---1971.i never knew of metal detecting then. our barricks was suppost to have been officer quarters in ww2. bet i could of found a few nice items had i detected back then. i think germany had very nice metals durning ww1 and ww2.they are a part of history and therefore they are cool finds

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Very true. Its unfortunate that such a despicable regime recognized that the issuance of a great deal of highly stylized medals and fine looking uniforms was so effective in the propaganda/indoctrination of so many. These soldiers were proud and brave, just mis-guided. They undeniably had the finest looking outfits in the battle theatre of WWII. I feel these items are great pieces of history.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs! Glad to see the ground is still diggable there. :)

Viking

Apr 1, 2007
Franconia Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Some really nice finds 88
When the weather gets warmer how would you like it if i drove up your way sometime and go searching together? But if you dont want to,i´ll understand. Some people dont like to share their hunting grounds.Let me know sometime.

@ivan salis
That is the Unit Crest of the 54th Inf.Reg. I was in the 4th BN. at Ft. Knox.

@folkert
If you really throw that stuff away,then let me send you my address so you can throw it to me. ;)

Greetings From Germany.

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
88? Huh... Nice findes nice war merit cross, do you dig at east or west front?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Buck said:
Back in 66-69 I was stationed in Furth Germany I really loved the people and the countyside I was married there my father-in -law and his brother-in-law and his father fought in ww2 my father-in-law fought in russia the brother was in france died there and the grandpa served in germany my father-in-law and gramps lived through the war my father-in-law was a P.O.W in Russia for 5 years after the war to get to my point is this my Father-in-law and the granddad were some of the BEST PEOPLE that I never met I am PROUD to have know them. they broth wore the german uniform But were never nazis just some great people that you will never meet for when I returned from Vet Nam they treated better than my fellow americans did I am DAMM proud of My in-laws Buck

Thank you for your time in Vet Nam, your sacrifices made my time and battles much easier as the personnel from your era were my commanders and still remembered the hardships you all encountered both on the battlefield and off once returning home. I salute you for your service to our country

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
desertfox said:
88, What a grand way to start the new year off. I'd trade places with you in a heart beat if I could! HH

Buck: I'm with you man. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth the way ex-friends and the people of this country treated us when we came home from the Nam.

Desertfox
1/12 Cav 1st Cav Div 1966-67
1/7 Cav 1st Cav Div 1969

You too sir I thank you for your time in Nam, yours and the many others personal sacrifices made my time and battles much easier as folks from your era now were my commanders. Still remembering the hardships you all encountered both on the battlefield and returning home. I salute you for contribution and service to our country

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Congratulations on your finds!

Since we were talking about the people we have never got to meet, I’ll mention this. My family is Russian Jewish. My grandfather had four brothers and when the Germans came into Odessa three of the brothers’ wives and their children (12 people in total) were herded into a barn and burned alive, the men could not protect them because they were away fighting at the front. Although an individual may not have been a Nazi, it took a country of people to support the movement...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!, love that cross,,, and the other stuff is nothing to snicker at either,,, Congrats!!!
Continued Good luck & Happy hunting~

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
The shield badge is a Wehrmacht badge that would most likely have come from a parade helmet or a pith helmet of the Afrikakorps, the other shield appears to be either a u-boat or Panzer battalion emblem, not sure, but I will forward to my father who is a collector and see what he says

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread