Get together for Food and Brew GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Re: Get together for Food and Brew Feb 21st is the day....UPDATE SEE WHERE

TreasureFiend said:
I'll see you guys there, bringing my gear too. :icon_pirat:

Kermit, I might be able to make it...can you bring the tumbler??? thanks bro........

Joe

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

twistidd said:
TreasureFiend said:

Kermit, I might be able to make it...can you bring the tumbler??? thanks bro........

Joe

Yea bud no prob, its all boxed up and I'll toss it in the trunk.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureFiend said:
twistidd said:
TreasureFiend said:

Joe

Yea bud no prob, its all boxed up and I'll toss it in the trunk.

When you use it - run the pennies by themself so all the coins aren't copper color. Fill the barrels 3/4 full with coins, add a few drops of dish soap then fill to the top with water. I just use the weight of the coins to clean themselves but if you want you can add some aquarium rocks to speed it up. Just leave it run while your at work then rinse them off and they should be good, if not run them again.

I also tossed in the box some extra belts, if one breaks just slap on a new one. The 1st belt (flat belt) that came with it lasted about 2 hours so I went and bought stronger (round) ones. You'll know if the belt broke cause the barrels will stop turning. :tongue3:

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010

I'll be there!! Bringing my gear too...need to hunt baaaaadddd..... :tongue3: ;D

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry guys, going to have to back out of this one. My neice is car shopping (just got her drivers license and wants me to come look at a couple cars with her). I can't say no, I'm her favorite (and only) uncle. I'll see you guys next time.
HH
John

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Good deal John, gotta take care of the little ones while they're still little. (Don't tell her that though)

We ate and drank freely and danced the afternoon away...

Oh wait, that's from the other pirates who kidnapped me. This bunch was much more reasonable. Had a good time meeting up with you all. Looking forward to the time and opportunity to swing coils with you looters as soon as weather permits, there's zinc in that ground, and it's calling! If you notice a dark halo around Mayo in any of the group pictures it's me hiding behind him.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Lowbatts said:
If you notice a dark halo around Mayo in any of the group pictures it's me hiding behind him.
Well done, Tim! :wink: I looked at the pics and thought "I know Batts was in the picture, but where is he?" A multi-photo duck back performed at least as well as a Chicago politician on a perp-walk! ;D

It was a great time today, boys! It was good to see all the familiar faces and to meet a few new folks, too!!! Thanks for bringing that great CBD, JD50!

That waitress did look 12, didn't she....

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro

Thanks to all for the good time! It was nice catching up with those I knew and meeting those I did not know. Look forward to hunting with all you alls once this snowy stuff is gone.
-Jon

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Get together for Food and Brew GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a great time.....
It was nice to meet some new detectorist....
I can agree with the statement said there.
The Illinois forum is the best....Great people and great post.....
Had a lot of laughs...................
Someone has to send me pictures.
Mayo If you can put up a video or send me one that would be cool....
Thanks All

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Re: Get together for Food and Brew GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was Great meeting all you guys. It was fun time. Looking forward to better weather to get to a group hunt.
That waitress did look young, cute :wink: but young.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice to see everybody!!! Somebody post the pix so we can see!!! :tongue3:

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro

Of course I had to be the one who said the 2nd waitress looked 12... can you believe she is actually 26??? Dang, am I getting old. My youngest is almost 26. It was a great time, I'm really surprised how many folks showed up. And I almost have Kermit's site figured out from his videos. It's near an airport, a road, and there are trees !!!!!! Talking about "pirates", at the national saltwater aquarium conference each year a group throws a "pirate party" complete with costumes, fake swords, prizes, and LARGE amounts of assorted beverages. It usually breaks up when the hotel's security (or cops) show up. Saltwater, another expensive hobby of mine (along with photography and orchids). I better find alot (first) gold this year to pay for that Minelab I gave myself for Christmas. Or at least a LOT more pennies.

Thanks guys for putting up with me. It was a GREAT TIME !!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unless you can triangulate my site from the plane landings and the road traffic, I will take it to my pirate grave!!! Nah anytime you want to join me for a hunt, your more than welcome to come along. :icon_pirat:

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro

I knew I kept those old FAA sectionals from when I used to fly (another expensive hobby which I was forced to give up). Remember, I grew up in that neighborhood and worked at ORD, oh so many years ago during college.

She looked 12 and that's my story and I'm sticking to it !

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey guys it was great meeting you all - even if I didn't actually introduce myself to one or two of you.
Sorry about that - I'll just blame it on the sauce all over my fingers and face. And being preoccupied with the 2nd waitress? For those of you that didn't meet me and don't know which one I was, just think Travelocity gnome.

I do have video of the first recorded meeting of THA. (Treasure Hunters Anonymous)
or was it MDA (Metal Detectors Anonymous) - wait - the Jerry Lewis crowd won't like us using their initials. Skip that one. Oh this one sounds better - THC - Treasure Hunters Club. Wait... THC - where have I heard that before??? :-)
Hi... my name is Mayo and I'm addicted to Treasure Hunting.
Is this a 12 sweep group?

I want to edit it the video down to a manageable length for online viewing but the program I had previously installed for editing (Pinnacle Studio Plus Ver. 10.5 Titanium Edition) won't run on this Amish computer of mine. Can anyone suggest a low memory usage video editing software that's not too pricey?

In the mean time I'll try using the stuff that came with the camera and also Windows movie maker.

Thanks again for the good times but really it only got me itching to swing that coil even more.
Can't wait for the thaw!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It sure was great getting together to meet you guys. Stories told, some goodies to show,just plain sharing the passion of treasure hunting was enjoyable. Thanks to all, had a great time and look forward to some hunts with you in the future
Richard

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

I had a great time the other night! We should do it more. Once I close on this house and fix it up a little bit I'm hosting a big backyard BBQ for the detectorists. I might even let some of you detect my yard (1925 house), but only after I sweep it first. :wink:

It was good meeting all of the new guys, good seeing all the regulars. Here's to an early spring :occasion14:

Joe

p.s. Neil, could you pm me the pics from BWW?? Thanks!

Joe

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea neail me too? ;D

M

MR Senior L4S

DP BOB said:
Lowbatts said:
It's a Wing Ding then, fellers. Jon, you and Pops (Mr. Senior) available? Dan, Mike, and you guys, we'll do a Spring Thing for sure if you're tied up this weekend.
Pops might be going fishing...I pm'd him about it....

Attachments

• DSC06771.JPG
    DSC06771.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC06768.JPG
    DSC06768.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC06767.JPG
    DSC06767.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC06769.JPG
    DSC06769.JPG