GGT ordered 7/4/18

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
We still need to get together on the beach sometime......
I was thinking some about trying to get down to Nesika this week.... I'm not feeling overly ambitious though.

Last edited:

seattleMD

Dec 31, 2007
Well done! I pulled the trigger last week and mine just arrived today!

So psyched to take this out to the river this weekend, but I'm curious whether I should be concerned about it being no-so-level? See attached photos.

Attachments

• 20180705_183645.jpg
    20180705_183645.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 20180705_183838.jpg
    20180705_183838.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope, not an issue at all! Go get it wet!!

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats Wildminer! I think you will enjoy it. Every bucket, or shovel full, or whatever amount you want, is a test. My wife and I were able to use the riffles to test every bucket we ran to constantly adjust our digging to achieve better results. It's pretty difficult to blow out your concentrates by tripping or falling on it as I have done,:BangHead: or dropping your bucket on it, etc. Once you learn to trust it you will be amazed at how fast you can process material!

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SeattleMD, I wouldn't worry about it being slightly askew. Every time you set it up you'll be battling rocks and imperfect placements. Even if it is slightly out of level, it all goes into the same place!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys. Hopefully you'll hear again from me on Sunday with some good news!

Cool! Are you digging somewhere near Seattle? I’ve enjoyed digging the Tolt and the Raging rivers when I visited.

seattleMD

Dec 31, 2007
Cool! Are you digging somewhere near Seattle? I’ve enjoyed digging the Tolt and the Raging rivers when I visited.

Actually, I've since moved to California since I originally created my account here. I've been hitting up the American river with some success and that's where I plan to head this weekend!

When I was up in Seattle, I can't recall the creeks / rivers, but I would work some places east of Snoqualmie pass; I want to say some place north of Cle Elum. I may have done something off the Tolt as well, but I don't remember. :(

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks anyway, njoy CA!

OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As far as I know it was shipped and billed on the 16th according to ups. Haven't checked my card account however.

OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
7/18 tracking shows it's on the truck in Salt Lake City. My puter will be down a few days as a new pc gets set up.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you find a bunch of treasure. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Explorer arrived 7/20, Friday by UPS. It looks good and was very well packaged. :smileinbox: Hope to get it wet soon. 8-)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning wildminer, I was just wondering if you've been able to try out your GGT Explorer and if so what are your thoughts about it? Any photos/videos of the unit in action would be appreciated! Thank you...………...63bkpkr

OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and good morning to you 63. Too much work getting in the way lately, but I'm going to force at least one day of prospecting in within a week. I hope to be more active with it in a seasonal creek after the rains begin so that will be awhile for that area. It sure looks much more like a complete unit compared to my bgt mini and sniper. I'll take some pics when I get out and thanks for the check.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good Morning wildminer, I was just wondering if you've been able to try out your GGT Explorer and if so what are your thoughts about it? Any photos/videos of the unit in action would be appreciated! Thank you...………...63bkpkr

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534747784.091992.jpg
Tossing paydirt into the GGT Explorer. Multiple improvements over the ole Bazooka!

Catches fines much better for example.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread