Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was metal detecting a colonial cellar hole yesterday and took some photos. When I got home I noticed a strange blue anomaly in three of the pics taken at slightly different times and angles. There is nothing wrong with my iphone and the anomaly only appeared in the chimney shots out of 60 total pictures taken. Ihni what this is but very interesting....

Attachments

• blue anomaly #1.JPG
    blue anomaly #1.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 156
  • anomaly#2.JPG
    anomaly#2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
  • anomaly #3.JPG
    anomaly #3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 159

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty neat. But unfortunately it isn't a ghost. It's a reflection of the internals of the camera off the back of the lens, caused by the angle of the sun in the photo. It's actually a pretty common thing. I'd still leave it and call it a ghost, though, even if it really isn't. Very nice effect. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's pretty neat. But unfortunately it isn't a ghost. It's a reflection of the internals of the camera off the back of the lens, caused by the angle of the sun in the photo. It's actually a pretty common thing. I'd still leave it and call it a ghost, though, even if it really isn't. Very nice effect. :icon_thumright:
thanks for info and fast reply, happy holidays too! Ok this is great news b/c I am going back today and was a little freaked...was wondering if I needed to smudge the site with sage...lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was metal detecting a colonial cellar hole yesterday and took some photos. When I got home I noticed a strange blue anomaly in three of the pics taken at slightly different times and angles. There is nothing wrong with my iphone and the anomaly only appeared in the chimney shots out of 60 total pictures taken. Ihni what this is but very interesting....
Nice looking site location to play around. Hope a few good things turn up for you.

Robert I get the explanation of the green dot, and the example as shown in the link.

What has me kind of baffled is how the dot can be behind the branch/root, and leaf litter in the photo?
I would of thought that the dot would of blanked out everything behind it.

Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 6.56.46 AM.png

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking site location to play around. Hope a few good things turn up for you.

Robert I get the explanation of the green dot, and the example as shown in the link.

What has me kind of baffled is how the dot can be behind the branch/root, and leaf litter in the photo?
I would of thought that the dot would of blanked out everything behind it.

View attachment 2121717
Good call, Hada go back up and look again👍

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought that the dot would have blanked out everything behind it.
That is pretty strange. I still think it’s just a camera artifact though. Bear in mind that iPhones cameras are part lens and part software. They even added software to remove the ghost dots on later versions of the OS.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might want to pay attention to the chimney because a lense flair happening 3 different times behind roots is ....well not going to happen

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, I've read dozens of comments in the Hispanic treasure hunting groups, where they spotted either a yellow, red, or blue flame. Many of them interpret the experience as the presence of a spirit guardian for a buried treasure. I know of one person who took photos only after seeing a blue flame. I need yet to look at your photos, there can be lens flare that appears as an orb.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I see what you were talking about behind the tree. Never have seen anything before looked like that... there have been some with a blue flame or one similar to yours but appeared the dry leaves burning up with multiple yellow flames. I'll see if the photo can be located.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go, photos saved March 23, 2023.

flame_1.jpg

This was in a Hispanic treasure dowsing group.

flame_3.jpg

I didn't ask, assumed it was a flame photo.

flame_3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is pretty strange. I still think it’s just a camera artifact though. Bear in mind that iPhones cameras are part lens and part software. They even added software to remove the ghost dots on later versions of the OS.
I agree but it's fun to speculate.... it was a little bit of a different post for me :)...... or the people at apple realized their phones were picking up afterlife images and tweaked the software to calm the masses (j/k tee hee)....definitely makes u think though :). Found some cool stuff today I will post in today's finds later tonight or tomorrow. Take care.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You might want to pay attention to the chimney because a lense flair happening 3 different times behind roots is ....well not going to happen
went back today but detected a different area..i will however, pay special attention to the chimney and run my pinpointer in the cracks, dig at the base and sift a little (unfortunately the twenties garbage dump in cellar hole is happening here) the next time I return. Did find some cool stuff I'll post later tonight or tomorrow what I found today. Take care and happy holidays all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Scrounge Wanderer
What many will try to explain what you captured is:

The green colour of these flare orbs, somewhat ironically, comes from the microscopically-thin anti-flare coating on the camera lens.

But:

I believe "Pepper" nailed it with his logical explanation...why is the branch showing infront of the Orb?

screen-shot-2023-12-23-at-6-56-46-am-png.2121717

It has been explained that "Spirits" reside around areas that they feel safe and have good memories of.
What a better place than around a warm, cosy fireplace, on a cold night, having a hot coco drink?

You may want to research as to how many people resided here...Was it 3...one for each Orb?

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, taking a better of the photos I just posted, not sure if these were any of the flame encounters (but it does look like flame right side of 1st pic). Before saving these had watched 3 videos a person posted where the flames were captured clearly sharp and moving as a flame normally does. I don't try to form opinions, only look at them. I've seen lens flare photos before, even on photos taken with IR filters using the square type (filter fits in slots rather than the round type on lens filter mount).

I have been away from the Hispanic groups for a while, but I'm sure somebody there would be talking about seeing a flame during a treasure search (it happens all the time).

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome, you caught a Wilo the Wisp on camera. Be careful, don't follow them. They'll lead to the unknown. 😎

will-o'-the-wisp or ignis fatuus (Medieval Latin: "foolish fire") is a ghostly light. It is seen by travellers at night, especially over bogs, swamps or marshes.

Usually will o' the wisp looks like a ball of light or a small flame. UFOs and some ghost lights are different, they are usually in the sky while will o' the wisps are near ground.

It looks like a flickering lamp and is said to go farther back if approached. This draws travellers from the safe paths. This is a folk belief in a lot of English folklore and in much of European folklore. They are often said to be the work of fairies or elemental spirits. Some people think will o' the wisps are souls, spirits or spaceships.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard different explanations such as swamp gas or ionization from a gold treasure. Once there was a treasure hunter living in Brazil, insisted the fireball often seen his area was ionization from a local gold treasure was hidden.

A couple of the Native American artists have frequently put a large orb like that in their paintings.

Last edited:

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since you seen it there.
If it is a treasure spirit of sorts,
Couldn't hurt to ask it to have permission to search and to maybe have it help.
Or reveal itself. I wouldn't smudge but I would maybe drink a few beers to see some spirits . Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread