Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've heard different explanations such as swamp gas or ionization from a gold treasure. Once there was a treasure hunter living in Brazil, insisted the fireball often seen his area was ionization from a local gold treasure was hidden.

A couple of the Native American artists have frequently put a large orb like that in their paintings.
thank you for all the input Red, I think real magic still exists in the world just have to look with an open mind and put all the technology away sometimes (ironic that I used an iPhone to start this blog..lol)...take care now

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well since you seen it there.
If it is a treasure spirit of sorts,
Couldn't hurt to ask it to have permission to search and to maybe have it help.
Or reveal itself. I wouldn't smudge but I would maybe drink a few beers to see some spirits . Good luck
I'm going to make this place my 'winter hideaway' and return whenever weather permits and I have time (I am a caregiver for a crippled man so very busy)...funny thing is its like 50 feet from a busy highway but hiding behind a data center and looks like nobody has ever dug there...lol. I will not bother the wisp spirit that is for sure, maybe offer some tobacco

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, you caught a Wilo the Wisp on camera. Be careful, don't follow them. They'll lead to the unknown. 😎
My brother's dog chased one of those into the edge of the woods one night, but would not follow it into the woods. Smart dog.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother's dog chased one of those into the edge of the woods one night, but would not follow it into the woods. Smart dog.
Where I grew up, in a PA Dutch community. All the kids spent lots of time in the woods and the old Dutch guys always warned us about the Wisp as they called it. They always said, "don't follow the Wisp". When I saw the pics the OP posted, it all came rushing back. The orb in those pics is exactly what was described to us all those years ago. I always wanted to see one as a kid, I never did.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm cropping it down right now for a better look. So far, resembles a painting too much to be lens flare. But can't be like Native American art because they never cover or obstruct the view of their orbs. As you can see it's looking now more like bright paint splashed over a couple of the fireplace stones.

orb-tree_1crop.jpg

Or if the 2 rocks are quartz the photo could turn out with a bright spot.

orb-tree_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kmk

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was interested in the tree, because I have another ghost photo a TN member gave me back in September 2022.

ghost-lady-crop2.jpg

Does look like a flame right edge of tree.

ghost-lady-crop2B.jpg

Last edited:

kmk

Feb 4, 2016
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and APEX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for all the input Red, I think real magic still exists in the world just have to look with an open mind and put all the technology away sometimes (ironic that I used an iPhone to start this blog..lol)...take care now
Did you run your detector over the area where the blue anomaly was, or maybe dig in that area and see if there was anything there?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see now it was in the woods looling toward chimney and not the fireplace. Not there in the other photo showing same spot. You might check the bottom right stone, see if it could be an owl carving.

orb-tree_3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you run your detector over the area where the blue anomaly was, or maybe dig in that area and see if there was anything there?
yes.... went back on christmas day and started digging at base of fireplace after detecting around the site , i got really hot and felt like I was going to puke then had to leave, I do take anti-depressents and was dehydrated but it was still strange that I did not feel sick for the hour detecting just when I started to dig and it was bad.. I was sweating like a stuck pig and felt like losing my lunch had to go...I will return but I'm going to avoid the fireplace

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see now it was in the woods looling toward chimney and not the fireplace. Not there in the other photo showing same spot. You might check the bottom right stone, see if it could be an owl carving.

View attachment 2122257
that chimney is bad mojo, going to still detect the area but satelliting it; not next to the chimney anymore just felt really nauseous when I started to dig near it had to go. Ps- Did not see a carved stone when I was poking around just cut stone @1790s Virginia site...

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All treasure hunting seems to have unseen risks (travel, crazy people, etc.) even to keep a treasure once found.

Orb 1st photo is right below fireplace, up real close. Maybe it wants to be protected from orb removal software (if your iphone has that). Either you iphone with zoom or different distance and view angles. To me this would rule out any possibility of it being lens flare.

orb-tree_4.jpg

At first thought it was my imagination. Cropped it down more.... split flame with a Gemini astrological sign left side?

orb-tree_4crop.jpg

Photo #3 orb on bottom left corner.

orb-tree_5.jpg

Cropping down corner, it seems to be nothing more than a blue flame. Nothing to worry about, happens all the time to Hispanic treasure hunters in Mexico and South/Central America.

orb-tree_5crop.jpg

Last edited:

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
I'm into photography a fair bit (even run a discord server tho I've been fairly busy lately)

I'd have said lense flare but it's not keeping a consistent shape nor should it be behind the branches (I know it's been addressed) but even with what the others say, there's no way that should be behind the branch regardless of the phones software.

Don't get me wrong I've been on a site that has finds from Celtic gold to WW2 stuff and had a few strange incidents there.

I'm not saying it's a spirit you caught but it's definitely not lens flare. So maybe it's a spirit?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago we had some blue orbs posted taken with a camera using square IR filters. You take 2 different IR filters and stack them in the holder attached to lens mount on SLR camera. The photos were very dark with brilliant IR colors. Then the bright blue orb showed up in a couple pics. If visible light is blocked, how is it possible to have IR lens flare?

I assumed it was 2 filters, was so long ago maybe the square filter an extra strength type (using only 1 IR filter). Most on here believed it only to be lens flare. Had saved the photos a couple times later, see if any can be relocated.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not find the photos or the thread (post was many years old). I did however find a more recent thread with a photo either from that time or similar. Looks as if it might actually be the photo in older thread or taken by that treasure hunter. Orb was along a sidewalk with an old outhouse. Recent new thread link below. Can't confirm if photo is the same one but would be nice.

Problem here it is a nice round shape typical of lens flare from visible light. The color is more yellowish than the blue thought I'd remembered. Lens flare I've seen is usually smaller with perfectly rounded edges, not feathered into the background as you see here.

Thread link-Infrared Treasure Orbs

orb-IR.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
think I'm going to try and find the privy and dig that, some old glass would be sweet:)

Where would that, off the lower right area?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
where I think the privy is located is actually behind me when I took those pictures, when I go back I'll take more to show area :)...need to bring my three foot T-probe
You will need a probe to find where the orbs sat on the blue moon nights having a sip before going in to the family.
Best of luck getting some glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread