GLOCK magazine with 9 hollow points found in the sand.

night crusader

Jan 18, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the local spot today and Im given a tip to swing over around by these fire pits. Less then five minutes later and 6 inches down out pop s a 12 round Glock magazine. Lucky me because I have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to firearms being a Marine.Just to think if some kids got ahold of it. So I brought it to the lifeguard and they called the sheriffs to come grab it. FIRST FOR EVERYTHING lately. Thanks for the read and HH. OH YEAH the magazine belonged to some VIPs bodyguard WAIT HE SURE DID DROP THE MAGAZINE ON THIS ONE���� 20160922_115816.jpg

Upvote 9

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to take away from his thread, however a lot of misconceptions are out there with bullets and fire. This is a great video to watch.

Firefighters ALL get trained and KNOW THIS. So do cops.

Thanks SD , I have argued this with many different guys over the years. No containment of exhaust gasses equals no significant velocity. Thanks for the link.... now maybe they will just drink their beer and shut up.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I find old rusty magazines in the water i just leave them there, in my area they are as common as rocks. Little gun-shaped concreations of metal are also very common in my hunting areas - all saturday night specials from the 1970's and 80's mostly - completely concreted. TONS of them. Old rusty guns everywhere I don't even bother taking them they're so many.

I wanted to give you a like for this post, but, I know your area and possibly one or two of the former owners of those old guns..... can't like that.....but, you know what I'm saying.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did It anyway..... it's certainly not your fault....lol....

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HERE'S ONE I PULLED FROM WATER OF A SALT WATER BEACH

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am sorry but believe you are wrong about a semi-auto in a fire! As long as the weapon's action is still able to work in chambering a round, it can continue to go off if the barrel gets hot enough. While in the U.S. Army, I have seen many automatic weapons cook off more than just one round when the barrel or barrels got too hot and semi-auto reloading weapons will do the same.

Frank

Frank, I see where you are coming from and you could be right of course. I was thinking that the other rounds would be hot enough to go off in the magazine. HOWEVER, if the magazine wasn't hot enough yet, I could see the weapon firing other rounds and self loading. So either is right, depending on where the fire is under the weapon. But if the whole weapon is engulfed in flames, I think the ones in the magazine would be the first to explode because there isn't much metal to protect them and when the barrel got hot enough that round could potentially be deadly.

However, I really don't want to take away from the OP's find and we have. I have found two loaded Lewis machine gun magazines which I have still. They are two of my favorite finds. Got my second one this year. Mine are WW1 and historical. I bet the OP wished he would have found the whole gun.

Casper, I wonder what kind of weapon yours was for? It wasn't military because you have FMJ and hollow point bullets mixed. The military doesn't use hollow points.

Last edited:

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
talk about dropping a load____ in NY you would be a violent felon just for having that assault mag. we have the SAFE ACT----only criminals are allowed to have deadly weapons

Lol, try living here in Australia mate. Women can't even have pepper-spray to defend themselves. Defend yourself here and you get charged with assault

Sent by carrier pigeon

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I find old rusty magazines in the water i just leave them there, in my area they are as common as rocks. Little gun-shaped concreations of metal are also very common in my hunting areas - all saturday night specials from the 1970's and 80's mostly - completely concreted. TONS of them. Old rusty guns everywhere I don't even bother taking them they're so many.

Periodically, the NYPD in conjunction with a local church in Brooklyn or Harlem, will give you $200. for turning in a handgun in "WORKING ORDER", with no questions asked.
If you could restore some of those guns to
"WORKING ORDER",,
Well, just don't get caught. Possession is an automatic jail sentence in NYC.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a "whole nine yards" to me. Being a Marine, first of all, thanks! Then as an aside, you know to what that phrase originally referred. :)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if in the fire pit, you would hear bangs like fire crackers and maybe get hit by a hot shell casing but nothing more.

Nothing!?!? Depends on what part of me is getting hit by a "hot shell" OR a hot lead projectile. ;)

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems like a very hasty response to finding a magazine full of rounds in the sand. I don't see any reason to involve any authorities or bureaucrats.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a "whole nine yards" to me. Being a Marine, first of all, thanks! Then as an aside, you know to what that phrase originally referred. :)

Load my airplane with the whole nine yards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread