Gods country gone to hell and turned into a garbage pile in less than 200 years

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
one should accept that corporations will be polluters, that's why they all have limited liability; cut and run at cleanup time (miners ?)
if change is to be even hoped for it will be necessary to change the reward system

some possible changes:
no limited liability for corporations
a corporation is a licence in that country -> to which its activities are limited
no corporation may buy another corporation
no corporation may own sub-corporations
shareholders must register with the corporation, said records may be audited

off the top of my head (or bottom of . . . )

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill keep pickin up garbage when I can

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel that the loudest complainers are usually the most hypocritical.

For instance...most people who are against harvesting trees probably have not planted hundreds of bare root trees...nor packed 5 gallon buckets of water around to water them.

People that go on and on about trash just drive past the mess in disgust. Then complain on Facebook constantly.
I'd bet very few actually clean it up or volunteer for roadside cleanups. Few will likely spend a little of their money throwing someone else's trash away.

People screaming about hunting probably have not spent a drop of sweat developing springs for wildlife.

Easier to blame the "corporations" for the consumer's actions.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I agree.....Garbage everywhere but the Native American commercial is propaganda promoting plastic bottles and Coca Cola was also behind it.
They were making the transition from glass bottles (truly recyclable and reusable) to plastic crap and put out that commercial together with plastic industry.

Yes, there's scum in jail but in America, jails are a private industry. There's people in there who got convicted for having a cannabis roach in their pocket. Bad hippie!!!!
They want you in jail because it's more profit for the private "jail" corporation and more profit for the shareholders.

Lots of pigs in Canada! I used to think it had something to do with the IQ level of those who ate at McDonkeysmells because most of the litter on the side of the road was McDonald's bags.
Now, it's equally shared by Sh*t Horton's garbage as people line up in cars (idling and polluting) at the drive through to buy crappy coffee instead of making it at home.

20 years ago, my G.F. and I were visiting a Provincial park in B.C during the off season. The gates were closed and you had to park to walk in.
We were walking for awhile and I started to get emotional seeing all the garbage strewn on the side of the road and in the "pristine" rain forest.
I got my G.F. riled up and she helped me pick up all the garbage and I told her to pile it right in the middle of the road.
I was dragging tires, mattresses, car parts...you name it.
We were so passionate that we went for three days straight until the park police finally showed up. Dude in the truck was pissed!
Him and his partner asked what the hell we were doing and I yelled...."The pigs want to litter, then they can drive right through their own filth!"
Dude was threatening me with a littering fine and I freaked! "You can't charge me with littering as it was already here!
We're here visiting from Manitoba and are disgusted with the garbage in your provincial park and plan to write a letter to B.C.'s minister of the environment to complain."
He eased up and said "O.k. we won't charge you. Here's some garbage bags for you to start filling them.....
"EXCUSE ME? That's your effing job buddy! We did all the hard work, all you have to do is bag it and load it up."
He could see how pissed I was and both of them hung their heads down and started filling garbage bags. We left never to return again.
Small battle but it felt like a victory at the time.

Yeah, welcome to Canada....beautiful nature everywhere. Go see the nice waterfall only to find broken beer bottles, fishing garbage and graffiti sprayed on the rocks. :BangHead:

I still do that garbage in the road thing but now there's so many dog walkers leaving doggy doo on my boulevard that I scoop it up and leave it right in the middle of the sidewalk.
Every dog owner walks by hanging their head in shame. It wasn't me, I'm a good dog owner. I know, you're all good dog owners and yet there's dog crap everywhere!
Someone makes a mess and we all wallow in filth together.

By putting garbage in the road and crap on the walks you are punishing those who are not responsible. You could find a better way to bring attention to the issue, imo.
Go visit San Francisco or Baltimore. You'll find the garbage pre-piled in the streets. People do get fined in SF for not cleaning up after their dogs. Humans are free to go where they stand :p
Think you would definitely be in jail for your tactics in Misdouri.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I agree.....Garbage everywhere but the Native American commercial is propaganda promoting plastic bottles and Coca Cola was also behind it.
They were making the transition from glass bottles (truly recyclable and reusable) to plastic crap and put out that commercial together with plastic industry.

Yes, there's scum in jail but in America, jails are a private industry. There's people in there who got convicted for having a cannabis roach in their pocket. Bad hippie!!!!
They want you in jail because it's more profit for the private "jail" corporation and more profit for the shareholders.

Lots of pigs in Canada! I used to think it had something to do with the IQ level of those who ate at McDonkeysmells because most of the litter on the side of the road was McDonald's bags.
Now, it's equally shared by Sh*t Horton's garbage as people line up in cars (idling and polluting) at the drive through to buy crappy coffee instead of making it at home.

20 years ago, my G.F. and I were visiting a Provincial park in B.C during the off season. The gates were closed and you had to park to walk in.
We were walking for awhile and I started to get emotional seeing all the garbage strewn on the side of the road and in the "pristine" rain forest.
I got my G.F. riled up and she helped me pick up all the garbage and I told her to pile it right in the middle of the road.
I was dragging tires, mattresses, car parts...you name it.
We were so passionate that we went for three days straight until the park police finally showed up. Dude in the truck was pissed!
Him and his partner asked what the hell we were doing and I yelled...."The pigs want to litter, then they can drive right through their own filth!"
Dude was threatening me with a littering fine and I freaked! "You can't charge me with littering as it was already here!
We're here visiting from Manitoba and are disgusted with the garbage in your provincial park and plan to write a letter to B.C.'s minister of the environment to complain."
He eased up and said "O.k. we won't charge you. Here's some garbage bags for you to start filling them.....
"EXCUSE ME? That's your effing job buddy! We did all the hard work, all you have to do is bag it and load it up."
He could see how pissed I was and both of them hung their heads down and started filling garbage bags. We left never to return again.
Small battle but it felt like a victory at the time.

Yeah, welcome to Canada....beautiful nature everywhere. Go see the nice waterfall only to find broken beer bottles, fishing garbage and graffiti sprayed on the rocks. :BangHead:

I still do that garbage in the road thing but now there's so many dog walkers leaving doggy doo on my boulevard that I scoop it up and leave it right in the middle of the sidewalk.
Every dog owner walks by hanging their head in shame. It wasn't me, I'm a good dog owner. I know, you're all good dog owners and yet there's dog crap everywhere!
Someone makes a mess and we all wallow in filth together.

So you pile up trash and block roadways and place dog feces on sidewalks. You seem hell-bent on making a point but I think you're missing it. Sounds to me like you're part of the problem.

If you're angry enough to take action then channel that anger and take positive action. Stop leaving the (literal) mess behind. Once you've picked it up dispose of it properly. I mean, you've done the hard part. Just put the litter where it should go instead of just moving it around.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of abandoned appliances is directly related to the price of scrap sheet steel, which is at about $80/ton right now. When it goes back up to $160/ton those little cashes of abandoned appliances will be recycled.

It's like the global warming climate cooling thingy, it's really just the weather.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya and agree with what you're saying. Just to be clear, I've never placed litter on a road that had traffic. The gates were closed for the season.
Never would I sleep at night if I had caused any traffic accidents or harm to another.
This was during my early 20's and I felt singled out from the rest of the population who were littering or causing environmental damage and tried to reduce my impact.
As the years went on, I see that no matter how hard I try, my actions are still "a cog in the wheel" and take responsibility for my place in this world.
We're all in this together, even if one thinks they are not responsible. If humanity is suffering, we all suffer.
Been picking up litter and putting it in the garbage my whole life and the story I told was merely an emotional reaction.
I've been cleaning up dog crap off of my yard and boulevard for years and I don't even own a dog. Who's responsible for it?
I'm not perfect and have reacted in such a way as a result of truly not knowing what to do about it. Why should I pick up someone else's crap?
This reaction is intensified because I avoid crap in every public green space more and more each year.
Overall I guess I should be happy that humans litter. Without litter, I wouldn't have all these cool relics that people discarded in the past!

#BTW, I was about to move on from this thread when it occurred to me that I shouldn't feel so apologetic here.
We piled garbage taken from a great distance into the forest and worked hard. Most of that trash had been there for years.
We could have walked by like everyone else but we didn't and passionately did something about it.
As a result, truckloads of garbage ended up into the landfill were it belonged and forced a couple of park employees to do their job.
That makes me a bad guy?

Last edited:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel that the loudest complainers are usually the most hypocritical.

For instance...most people who are against harvesting trees probably have not planted hundreds of bare root trees...nor packed 5 gallon buckets of water around to water them.

People that go on and on about trash just drive past the mess in disgust. Then complain on Facebook constantly.
I'd bet very few actually clean it up or volunteer for roadside cleanups. Few will likely spend a little of their money throwing someone else's trash away.

People screaming about hunting probably have not spent a drop of sweat developing springs for wildlife.

Easier to blame the "corporations" for the consumer's actions.
I have used lot's of toilet paper over the years but have also planted over half a million pines for paper companies down south. I think that I still have a few rolls to go to catch up.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya and agree with what you're saying. Just to be clear, I've never placed litter on a road that had traffic. The gates were closed for the season.
Never would I sleep at night if I had caused any traffic accidents or harm to another.
This was during my early 20's and I felt singled out from the rest of the population who were littering or causing environmental damage and tried to reduce my impact.
As the years went on, I see that no matter how hard I try, my actions are still "a cog in the wheel" and take responsibility for my place in this world.
We're all in this together, even if one thinks they are not responsible. If humanity is suffering, we all suffer.
Been picking up litter and putting it in the garbage my whole life and the story I told was merely an emotional reaction.
I've been cleaning up dog crap off of my yard and boulevard for years and I don't even own a dog. Who's responsible for it?
I'm not perfect and have reacted in such a way as a result of truly not knowing what to do about it. Why should I pick up someone else's crap?
This reaction is intensified because I avoid crap in every public green space more and more each year.
Overall I guess I should be happy that humans litter. Without litter, I wouldn't have all these cool relics that people discarded in the past!

#BTW, I was about to move on from this thread when it occurred to me that I shouldn't feel so apologetic here.
We piled garbage taken from a great distance into the forest and worked hard. Most of that trash had been there for years.
We could have walked by like everyone else but we didn't and passionately did something about it.
As a result, truckloads of garbage ended up into the landfill were it belonged and forced a couple of park employees to do their job.
That makes me a bad guy?

I never said you were a "bad guy". I just pointed out that moving dog poop from the easement to the sidewalk takes the same amount of effort as properly disposing of it.

And your efforts to clean a section of the park were laudable but your anger toward the park rangers was unnecessarily combative and misplaced, IMO.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If this don’t bring a tear to your eye you are just as pathetic, in less than 200 years or so we have littered and trash this country to the point Of no return it’s embarrassing. Next time your detecting and dig , cans, pull tabs, and the rest of the massive mess, rivers, lands, oceans a dumping ground, now that a crime. Next time your digging and find garbage I hope it brings a tear to your eye like mine

Funny that they could not even get a real native American to play that part but a Sicilian.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We hold an annual clean up of our waterways. It's taken us 10+ years but, we are seeing a drop in the amount of trash that is present.

Attachments

• Rivers Alive logo 1.jpg
    Rivers Alive logo 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 37

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please end the combative comments and all political comments such as calling members "sheep".

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the one being called a sheep, I must say I didn't take it too b-a-a-a-a-a-d.:laughing7:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said you were a "bad guy". I just pointed out that moving dog poop from the easement to the sidewalk takes the same amount of effort as properly disposing of it.

And your efforts to clean a section of the park were laudable but your anger toward the park rangers was unnecessarily combative and misplaced, IMO.

Hopefully I'm allowed to reply to someone who has gone through the time and energy to call me out after judging my actions.
The moderators need not worry as I will be giving myself a timeout of my own volition.

First, I go through the effort to wash out my small garbage bin with soap and water as I hate smelly garbage's.
I do not want to bag doogy doo and put it in my clean bin for it to bake in the sun and stink to high heaven.
Is that answer acceptable, stranger on the internet?

Second, the park rangers came yelling at me, threatening to give me a littering fine for litter that was already there.
It was not my intention to be combative as they started that vibe.

Here's the best part....I get to shut off my computer and all of this goes away. Poof!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Vast amounts of soda and donuts makes huge obese persons and mountains of plastic waste. Consume less . TP

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please end the combative comments and all political comments such as calling members "sheep".

Must be from the land where "men are men"...

And the "sheep are scared"

:P

Sorry couldn't help myself :)

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oddly ironic thing is that ALL of the socially acceptable alternatives to plastic rely HEAVILY on logging,mining, and farming. Most also rely heavily on utilization of massive amounts of fresh water. The very same things that the activist groups wage war on daily. A plastic straw decomposes just about as fast as an empty vegetable can.

It kind of comes down to weaning ourselves from this disposable world we have grown accustomed to.
Plastic isn't going away. It's contributed too many positive things to our society.

The sooner we accept the idea that we need to manage AND utilize the 750 million acres of forests we have, the sooner we will see less plastic in our waterways. Biodegrade and completely renewable. If the forests are going to be off limits, then expect more plastic. It's ALL got to be harvested from the earth one way or another.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The oddly ironic thing is that ALL of the socially acceptable alternatives to plastic rely HEAVILY on logging,mining, and farming. Most also rely heavily on utilization of massive amounts of fresh water. The very same things that the activist groups wage war on daily. A plastic straw decomposes just about as fast as an empty vegetable can.

It kind of comes down to weaning ourselves from this disposable world we have grown accustomed to.
Plastic isn't going away. It's contributed too many positive things to our society.

The sooner we accept the idea that we need to manage AND utilize the 750 million acres of forests we have, the sooner we will see less plastic in our waterways. Biodegrade and completely renewable. If the forests are going to be off limits, then expect more plastic. It's ALL got to be harvested from the earth one way or another.
I think I saw something about plastics made that would decompose in less than 5 years? Sounds promising.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread