OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to Grandma's House

My wife's grandma lives in an old part of Kansas City and had told us in the past that we are welcome to dig up, I mean metal detect her yard. Well we headed off in that direction today and when we got to her neighborhood we called her to make sure it was still OK. Well much to my surprise (after driving the 10 miles to get there) she informed us she would rather us come over on a day when it is not quite so hot (only 97 degrees out). So we started to drive around until we found a park. My wife was still on the phone with her grandma when she motioned for me to go on ahead and start detecting. I got out of the car and grabbed my detector and started to air/ground balance it before starting. When I put the detector to the ground to balance it I got a warning that it could not be balanced. I attempted to ground balance again about a foot away and got it balanced. First place I detected was where I originally tried to ground balance and to my surprise sure enough I was trying to balance it on top of a quarter. I thought to myself this is a good sign. I guess this park hadn't been detected in a while. In the 30 minutes I was there I came out with 10 Quarters (1 silver), 6 dimes, and 9 pennies. Grandma told us we could come back next weekend to do her yard but you can bet when we get done there it will be back to that park.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Going to Grandma's House

nice job in 30 minutes!! I'd say your hunch is right that the park hasn't been hunted much - I think I'd hit it even before grandma's house :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would hit that park first also. Nice finds and good luck next time. HH Burdie

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

llloks like a nice silver there,,,,,,pound that spot, gramms will still be there...
all the best on the return.... ;D ;D

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe I will use my DD1400 coil when I go back, it should give me a little more depth.

M

mchamby

thats a nice payoff for 30 mins. :D
HH
Mchamby

R

realmhunter

Nice finds in a short time..thanks for sharing your story..RH

A

agbonanza

Great finds for a 30 minute hunt...heck that would be great finds for me in a 4 hour hunt....lol...keep hitting the park then go to grandmas house...HH

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't have a choice, I will have to wait till next weekend to get to grandma's and the park, I am going to be in St Louis all week. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread